The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

WORST LBT Song Ever!

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Also, apologies for saying this but... I kinda like Oops-Eeps dino_laugh.gif

I can never understand why as to me, it's the worst song in the series. :p Some other songs that suck are Me and My Dad, When You're Big and Girls and Dads but apart from those, I'm fine with all the others. :) Yellow Belly Bounce isn't a bad song but such a scene (as with Yellow Bellies as a whole) doesn't have a place in LBT, imo.

The Legend Of The Lone Dinosaur is actually one of my favorites, and it always has been! I even used it as my ringtone for while. I don't get why everyone hates it. It's such a fun song. I'm the only one in the fandom who likes it, though, aren't I? sadpetrie_by_rockingscorpion-d9nxkqn.png

Where did you get that idea? That song is quite fun and even if it's rather out-of-place for the series, I still enjoy it quite a bit. :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I don't know if I consider it the worst song necessarily, but I was not a fan of "Friends For Dinner". After the surprisingly catchy "Big Water" and the emotional high of "Always There", "Friends For Dinner" just came off as such a buzzkill. And such a lame concept for a song too.
:sducky

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
I quickly got sick of "Feel So Happy" song in the TV series. Nowadays, I'll just skip past it whenever I watch an episode that has it.

As for the movies, I didn't really like the songs in III, nor did I really enjoy "Friends for Dinner."

The "Yellow Belly Dance?" Well, I'll confess, the only reason I liked it at all was because we got to see the kids dance to it. It was probably the only part I enjoyed about that blasphemous movie.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
^Eh, I'll say I'm sick of the song Adventuring. It sends out the most redundant message to the audience. For example...

"Hey Kids, we're going on our 1,000,000th adventure! Come join us for another song about adventuring into the wilderness without your parents permission, which will ultimately end up killing you if you're not careful! :D"

As for Feel So Happy, there's actually varying content for each time they sing, and I think the song is kinda sweet honestly.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I wasn't crazy about "Hot and Stinky" either. The melody is catchy, but... really? A song about stinky plants? It seemed like the writers were running out of ideas for things to have them sing about.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I admit, Hot and Stinky is a guilty pleasure of mine, but of course because of its catchiness. :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Actually, guilty pleasure is a good way to describe it. It was corny, but it was also one of the most memorable and catchy LBT songs for me.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Also, apologies for saying this but... I kinda like Oops-Eeps  dino_laugh.gif

I can never understand why as to me, it's the worst song in the series. :p Some other songs that suck are Me and My Dad, When You're Big and Girls and Dads but apart from those, I'm fine with all the others. :)

I actually think Oops-Eeps is pretty catchy, but I do agree that the song When You're Big sucks. As for the others you've listed, I'll have to give them a listen in the future when I watch the rest of the movies.

I don't know if I consider it the worst song necessarily, but I was not a fan of "Friends For Dinner". After the surprisingly catchy "Big Water" and the emotional high of "Always There", "Friends For Dinner" just came off as such a buzzkill. And such a lame concept for a song too.
:sducky

I thought Friends For Dinner was pretty adorable! :smile
I will say though, that song is the worst in that movie.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^I listened to it again just now. As a song in itself, I actually don't think it's all that bad. I guess I just dislike its placement in the film more than anything, and the scene itself I didn't care for. It dampened what was otherwise one of the strongest sequels for me.

More generally, I wish that they'd done maybe two songs per film instead of three or four. With only two songs, I feel that they could've made them overall more consistently good.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 08:41:43 AM by StardustSoldier »

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
“Oops Eeps” is the worst.  Seriously, never listen to that song, you’ll regret it.  :oops

Hammy

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Who Needs You is an abomination, and the villains who sing it ain't much better.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
Hot and Stinky is about as dumb as they get for me.

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
  • LITTLE THINGS ARE AWFUL I HATE EM!
    • View Profile
Even though I don't know which is the absolute worst LBT song ever, Hot and Stinky has to be one of them.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 05:56:03 PM by Mr. Clubtail »

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
That happy song from the TV series. Literally from the first time I heard it, I disliked it. And I usually like sappy stuff!

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
That happy song from the TV series. Literally from the first time I heard it, I disliked it. And I usually like sappy stuff!

Not gonna lie, I was thinking the same thing as you when I heard it multiple times.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I tried to listen to Oops Eeps but it was so bad that I immediately turned it off.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Yeah, @chomper94 It was just...ugh...

And Oops Eeps would have made me drink if I didn't already hate alcohol lol

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I Feel So Happy" is probably my least favourite. It was never that great to begin with, imo, but I wouldn't have minded it so much if it were just a one-off. But then they kept playing it over and over... :!

credence007

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I just listened to “Oops Eeps” for the first time and it wasn’t quite as cringey as I thought it would be.

H&S from Journey of the Brave is probably the most pointless song of the entire series, it was so stupid and you can tell it was a total filler song.

Peaceful Valley makes my ears bleed

Grandma’s Lullaby gets stuck in my head, so I have to skip it when I watch LBT 4

Creepy Crawlies is just pure cringe

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
H&S from Journey of the Brave is probably the most pointless song of the entire series, it was so stupid and you can tell it was a total filler song.
You are dead on sir.