The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most Disliked LBT Movie

Mornai · 177 · 23820

Poll

Which Land Before Time movie do you dislike the most?

1. The Land Before Time
1 (2.7%)
2. The Great Valley Adventure
0 (0%)
3. The Time of the Great Giving
0 (0%)
4. Journey Through the Mists
1 (2.7%)
5. The Mysterious Island
0 (0%)
6. The Secret of Saurus Rock
3 (8.1%)
7. The Stone of Cold Fire
0 (0%)
8. The Big Freeze
0 (0%)
9. Journey to Big Water
2 (5.4%)
10. The Great Longneck Migration
0 (0%)
11. Invasion of the Tinysauruses
6 (16.2%)
12. The Great Day of the Flyers
0 (0%)
13. The Wisdom of Friends
22 (59.5%)
14. Journey of the Brave
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I choose The Land Before Time XIII: The Wisdom of Friends. IMHO, that is when the dialogue descended into infantile. The writing was already losing its polish with The Invasion of the Tinysauruses. But The Wisdom of Friends was the final fossil in the coffin. Journey of the Brave was better, still not The Great Longneck Migration or anywhere close to Journey Through The Mists (my fav).

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Maybe this thread should be renamed "Second-Most Disliked LBT Movie" because I'm with the majority on this as well.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
It was hard to really dislike any of the movies when I was growing up but now that I'm older, I can honestly say that The Land Before Time XIII: The Wisdom of Friends was my least favorite of them all. Preferences change over time.

Vojeds

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
It was hard to really dislike any of the movies when I was growing up but now that I'm older, I can honestly say that The Land Before Time XIII: The Wisdom of Friends was my least favorite of them all. Preferences change over time.
The Land Before Time XIII: The Wisdom of Friends... this movie shouldn't exit  :facepalm

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The Land Before Time XIII: The Wisdom of Friends... this movie shouldn't exit  :facepalm

Agreed.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The Land Before Time XIII: The Wisdom of Friends... this movie shouldn't exit
You mean that movie shouldn't exit from our hearts as the greatest movie of all time right?  :PAli

What are your least favorite LBT movie excluding 13? (because let's be honest, that's a bit of a boring answer as it's pretty much everyones least favorite)
For me I'd say probably either 6 or 11. While I didn't mind the morals that were trying to be taught in 11 I find that the way they went about it was a bit lackluster, and a bit out of character for Littlefoot. Not a big fan of the Tinysauruses either.
For 6 I find Dinah and Danah to be quite annoying and some of the dialogue to be really ungh (That didn't feel like a tree trunk. That no look like a tree trunk. sharptooth gets up It is not a tree trunk!  :facepalm )

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Since this topic has been bumped since we moved to this server, it seems like the original poll has been lost in the migration. I've set up a new poll (included LBT 14 too for good measure), so feel free to vote there :D

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I thought polls results also were successfully transfered to new forum. D:
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I thought polls results also were successfully transfered to new forum. D:

Maybe! That would be really nice... But I don't see them anywhere in topics with polls, do you? Perhaps they are hidden away somewhere? Will investigate! Just added them here since this topic seems to be active again, at least as a temporary solution.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
But of an unpopular opinion but it's LBT 14 for me. It's probably a lot better than 13 but they made so many unnecessary mistakes that I just can't take that one serious. Can't wait to novellize and rewrite the movie as it should be
Inactive, probably forever.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
(post removed)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 08:58:21 AM by StardustSoldier »

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I agree with many others here in that LBT 13 is my least favourite. I find it comical that, on a poll with fourteen different options, #13 has over half the votes right now. :smile

Although, as I noted on my sequels ranking post, I still thought it had a few redeeming traits. Certainly not the worst movie I've ever seen.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd have to say Land Before Time XIII Wisdom of Friends as well.

It's just that the Yellowbellies made the film too childish.

Instead of focusing on a strong storyline they had writer's block but wrote down the writer's block.

Not the worst movie ever but certainly proved fatal for the franchise to the point where it killed it off for those 7 years until Journey of the Brave. 

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
XIII was definitely weak, but XI actually gets my worst vote. That movie made Littlefoot OOC in the worst way...even though XIII gave us weird guest characters, at least it didn't trash the main characters the way XI did to Littlefoot!

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The most obvious answer would be Wisdom of Friends which has garnered the reputation of being quite the flop in the eyes of the fanbase. However, I might actually prefer the film to some of the later sequels, so my vote will ultimately be Invasion of the Tinysauruses. The more I watch that movie, the more I grow to appreciate yellowbelly frenzy. :bestsharptooth

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
The most obvious answer would be Wisdom of Friends which has garnered the reputation of being quite the flop in the eyes of the fanbase. However, I might actually prefer the film to some of the later sequels, so my vote will ultimately be Invasion of the Tinysauruses. The more I watch that movie, the more I grow to appreciate yellowbelly frenzy. :bestsharptooth

@Anagnos Glad you see how amazing the Yellowbellies are.  :PCera And yeah, I agree that movie XI is terrible as I made several rants about it before and how it contained the worst moments in the franchise for me. But for once I'll say some positives. It introduced Tria, had some silliness especially when they were trying to find the tiny longnecks, "If Only" was a great song, and probably a theoretical introduction to Screech. Besides that, it's the worst. XP This movie was so bad it caused the Rainbow Faces to turn into fast biters at the end out of stress.  :opetrie (Got this from the Rainbow Faces page on the wikia)

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
@Goldenwind Haha, I noticed those "Rainbow Biters" ages ago! :lol :lol :lol Maybe it's a rival team of aliens. :bestsharptooth

Okay, back to seriousness! :p Tria is also the one thing I applaud XI for. Though I must say, the way they introduced her felt pretty shallow. Despite having no backstory other than "we know each other," she fawned so much over "Toppsy" that it got kinda silly. I really liked her in the second half of the movie, though, plus the TV show and XII.

The music in XI wasn't bad, either. If we started talking about most disliked music in an LBT movie, that'd be a whole other story for me!

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
I agree with many others here in that LBT 13 is my least favourite. I find it comical that, on a poll with fourteen different options, #13 has over half the votes right now. :smile

Although, as I noted on my sequels ranking post, I still thought it had a few redeeming traits. Certainly not the worst movie I've ever seen.
The number 13 just can't catch a break, can it? XD

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

The number 13 just can't catch a break, can it? XD

Perhaps its because it is number 13. RIP Knights Templar.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
There are two movies, that I dislike almost equally. XI and XIII. Plot was not very interesting to me, in XIII  I did not like the yellowbellies, they were very irritating for me. By the skin of teeth, I think XIII is worse. Only thing I liked about XIII was a song Yellow belly bounce.