The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5628 · 286531

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"What holofims should I get for us?" Oliver asked his friends, "We could watch a movie for fun, after all."

Nick Wilde was enjoying a drink at the Dreadzone Bar. "Local brew.....high quality," he grinned in his usual cocky fashion. He was able to keep up appearances and not draw unwanted attention.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Kovu finally one by using mysterymans own question weaoons against him and knoking him into a lava poool. he was quickly teleported away from the arena and back to his cell.
 Whatever plplan you got" po said " lets hope it works. if all else fails, i'll be forced to fight, most likely, from what little i've heard, this dreadzone place has folks fight all the time. " he said.
_
 Neyla returned to her cell afer winning another match. She wiped away some blood trickling down her chin as she looked herself in the mirror.
 Yes Officer: the shopkeeper replied ' He got 5 barrels of Oroxon Sludge explosives, and headed north to the qwarktastic explosive Emporium."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Thanks, citizen." Hailey left the store and headed north for the qwarktastic explosive Emporium. I should probably purchase a firearm in the future, she thought to herself, rubbing her arm where Po had burnt her. I'm slightly under equipped for these fights, even with my pyrokinesis.

But she soon sotted her target walking down the street. "Excuse me, sir!" She called out, jogging over. "Do you have a license for carrying those military-grade explosives?"

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(Dreadzone)

The crowd roared its approval as a shimmering holographic barrier rose up from the ground. Dr. Kerzach ducked as the disks of water splattered off the barrier. He sprinted off as Amaria hammered the barrier with her Razorblade Typhoon spell.

After several minutes the barrier fell and the Cassowary was nowhere to be seen. The mage carefully peered around a small tree and found him with his back facing her. Amaria chuckled and she raised her Crystal Serpent.

Before she fired, she was blindsided by something and the Cassowary in the clearing vanished. It was then that she realized she had fallen for a fake. She prepared to take off only to realized that Dr. Kerzach had sliced off one of the metallic wings. It was completely painless as they weren't actually part of her body but it meant that she could no longer fly.

--------------------------------

(Meridian City)

Dr. Zanasiu sat on bench. Both he and Zachary had explored the tech district of the city-state. As usual, it was plastered with posters and advertisements exhorting citizens to vote for President Qwark...again.

"So," the Clydesdale said. "Think trouble's finally given up on us?"

"Not likely. But even for now, it'd be a welcome respite."

It was then that an emergency alert came through and all the electronic posters were replaced by a picture warning of an extremely dangerous space pirate on the loose...a space pirate that looked disturbingly familiar.

"Hey, you may wanna look at this." Zachary tapped his friend's shoulder and pointed to an electronic poster on the nearest wall.

"The f---!?" Dr. Zanasiu exclaimed as he laid eyes on the poster.

The picture on the wanted poster was that of Captain Sharon Carson. The captain of the RIMCS Spire of Winter.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 Panda King turned to the officer and smiled " Hello Officer. As a matter of fact  I do " He said pulling out a card " it  was a Polaris galaxy explosives permit, good on all planets within the system. " These explosives are for the upcoming  Q-Force Appreciation party. The president had me pick them up for him ' Panda king said with a smile. "is there anything else i can do for you?" He asked.

Arlene and kitty walked around the main  shopping district, this time. arlene was shopping for herself, while kitty was looking for something that could look  nice on Tiger. ' Hes lost weight ' Kitty said with a sigh. all those patrols."hes lost nearly 60 pounds>'
- the two Spyros were on patrol together when a portal opened up and a female Mabu and fox appeared in front of them  ' Hey Spyro' the mabu said ' master Eon sent us to help you with this Chong business> anybody who's worse than Kaos has to be stopped." Hi Cali. Hi tessa. Girls this is Spyro of Warfang, but I just call him Old spyro, since hes bigger than me. Spyro, This is tessa , leader of the Woodburrow tribre, and Cali, one of the best explorers in Skylands. She once set out to count every single island in Skylands, but stopped after 4000 or so. Spyro-S said. ' 4367 to be precise ' Cali said ' why that particular number?" Spyro-W asked. " It was just the island where I decided to give up. theres literally millions of islands in Skylands, and I couldnt count them all, even with 10 lifetimes.' Cali shrugged. " we also brought  your books for the fall semester at the Academy along with Cynders. Shes really throwing herself into mastering her Undead powers. 5 classes with Professor brain about Undead History  Ghost Control, and Mind Focus? " cali shook her head." " Spyro, you'd got 3 classes with Jet Vac, 1 with Kaossandra, and 4 electives including Mini Mentoring. As you might guess, that involves Spry shadowing you around,. " Three Classes with Jet Vac?' Spyro-S Groaned. 'someone must have set the class assigner to " boring" again. "
_
 Tigeress continued to monitor the fights while translating the fights into various lanmguages. " We'll need to send a few people to various planets to get intrviews. Lets just hope none of the fiughts are on Stygia" Utsa said. ' Why?' Nick asked as he finished assembling his camera and microphone. ' because that planet is constantly ravaged by huge lightning storms,  a product of atmospheric instability. " utsa said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Bentley had logged onto Theifnet, the website he and the rest of the Cooper Gang were able to consistently rely on when they needed new gadgets for their heists.

"Hmm....jet turbine accelerator for my wheelchair.....and ooh, at a discount too," he mused. He spent 450 of their coins to buy it. There was also on the sale an ability for Sly, to add an electric shock to his cane swipes. "There are situations that would be useful," he continued, purchasing the attack.

Carmelita was readying her shock pistol for her next battle in the ring. This time, she would be facing a crazed hyena armed with electric gloves on each paw. "He's fast....." Carmelita muttered to herself as she saw her opponent, with the nickname Laughingstock show off his shocking gloves.

Kitty was amazed by everything Merdidian City had to offer. There was flying cars everywhere, restaurants with food items she'd never seen before, sports that incorporated technology unheard of on Earth.

"This is almost overwhelming for one cat like me," she said as she got a map of the city from a local shop.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Hailey raised her eyebrows as she read the card. "Wait, you're that Panda King? Who committed countless crimes while working for the Fiendish Five?" She narrowed her eyes. "I'll have to give this permit an additional authenticity test." She took out her cell phone and turned on the flashlight. "Hmmm. Mr. King, this is counterfeit," she informed, tilting the card so he could see the beam reflecting off its lamination. "If this were authentic, the direct light would reveal a watermark of the Polaris flag right here." She pocketed the card. "I'll give you credit; other than that detail, it's a flawless forgery." She took out a pair of handcuffs. "Please set the explosives down and step away from them. You need to come with me to the station."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 04:21:14 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Panda king's face turned sour. ' very well officer. I'll come quietly' he raised his hands over his head. "out of curiosity, what sort of sentence am I looking at? i do not want to miss my daughters wedding, shes engaged you see.' He allowed himself a small smile. ' the wedding is supposed to take place in a year;s time. surely, you would not begrudge an old panda the chance to walk his daughter down the aisle.?" he said.
_
 sly was touring Meridians citys hall of heroes. he had found out that Ratchet and clank had their own exhibit. ' Those two have certainly earned their heroic reputation- defeating emperor Tachyon, Captain Darkwater, Lord Flint Vorselon. Captain Romulus Slag, and .. captain Qwark- Five Times? Sly blinked. ' man their president must straddle the line between good and evil a lot more than i thought." He chuckled.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
“That’s not for me to decide,” Hailey replied, stepping forward and attempting to apply the handcuffs. “Traditionally the police have allowed prisoners to attend weddings or funerals while guarded. But only the ones who behave!” She added.

Assuming she was successful in attaching the handcuffs, she began leading him back to her spaceship.

(Ooc: unless you were setting up for him to do something to resist, just let me know and I can edit this post so she doesn’t get to handcuff him before he fights back. Just want to make sure Hailey’s not auto-winning when you had other plans)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 08:30:25 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Before entering her spaceship, Hailey turned and glanced at her captive. "I really appreciate you cooperating, and I'm sorry if this turns out to be a misunderstanding. If your pass is genuine, or if you're not at fault for it being forged, I'm sure we'll get it sorted out at the station and you'll be free to go, with compensation for your time."

She took a deep breath. "There is actually a way you could help me, if you're willing. I have a letter from Carmelita Fox, a fellow INTERPOL agent, who asked that I deliver it to Sly Cooper. She said his life might depend on him receiving it promptly. Do you know where Mr. Cooper is, by any chance? He's proven hard to find."
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 04:57:11 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i appreciate it officer. " the panda King replied ' I know Cooper, quite well. Let me see, the last i saw of him, he was headed towards the hall of heroes. i'm not sure whether it was a sightseeing job, or whether it involved Interpol business. he is also an agent of INTERPOL, and has been for several years. The Hall of heroes is quite large so you'll have to look around for him. chances are he'll be wearing his interpol uniform. "
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
cali and tessa walked along the corridor behind the two spyros, as they headed towards winterville. 'I watched you guys on that sumo planet ' Cali said "  that racer you guys had was awesome.it makes flynns ship looks like a bucket of bolts. granted most racers makes flynns  ship look like that' s she chuckled. ' woodburrow is loads of fun ' Tessa said.  ' theres always something going on. but when i saw you guys racing.  kablam! i had to  lend a hand. You're all working for that wizard.. umm whats his name?' ' Stripetail " Old spyro said. ' hes at the Winterville in ' I;ll introduce you two' He said with a smile.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Hailey smiled and led the Panda King into the shuttle.

"How many people are you arresting?" Aimee exclaimed in disbelief as Hailey pushed the second panda none-too-gently into the cell.

"I cover many different cases at any given time, criminal," Hailey rolled her eyes. "If you didn't want to be arrested, you shouldn't have broken the law."

"Why do you insist on pretending you're a legit cop?" Aimee protested. "How stupid do you think we are?"

Hailey couldn't resist a smirk as she sealed the brig and sat back down in her pilot seat. "Sly Cooper, here I come..." she muttered, taking to the skies.

----------------------------

A few minutes later, she landed on a rooftop garden of the Hall of Heroes. I'm not interested in searching a glorified theme park for one raccoon... she mulled over her options.

Finally, she plotted out her lines and walked into Elaris' office. "Good evening," she introduced herself. "My name is Officer Spauling, INTERPOL. I have an urgent message for Sly Cooper. Can you send a message over the Hall of Heroes intercom and let him know to meet me here ASAP?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
hmm  find some action holofilms ' flkash said as luca came in wioth lunch ' lunch time, kids. i brought a lot of goodies. ' the mother wolf said carrying in a big bag pf groceries. ' any requests for snacks?' Could i have a grilled cheese mom?' Mona asked.

Kopa stopped patrolling for a bit as the group  took 15 minutes for lunch. being as they were in polaris the cafe served prime polaris pig chops, in small or large batches. Cali and Tessa had brought food from skylands, while Eris  Li ella and laval  had chima foods. portions  were frreeely passed around the table. Flurrie and webdy, along with Tadette gobella and gooombette had mushroom kingdom staples.
_
 panda king weas pout into a different compartment from Po aimee and lucia, and further he was screened so he couldnt see them. this patroiol had had 3 prisoner compartments, enough for 10 prisoners.
- so how did She nab you guys ?' po asked Lucia and Aimee. ' might as well pass the time talking we aint getting outta here for awhile.
_
  kovu was back in his cell recuperating from his last fight. it would be a couple days before his quarterfinal fight.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Pure dumb luck..." Aimee grumbled. "We just happened to be in the police cruiser when she hijacked it."

Lucia was looking at Po. "She warned you not to use any magic," she asked. "Can you really do magic? How?"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Meridian City)

Stripetail's radio buzzed. "Stripetail," Dr. Zanasiu's voice came over the radio. "We need to get to Qwark as soon as possible. Apparently, there's been some sort of miscommunication and Captain Carson has been mistaken for a space pirate."

(Dreadzone - Arena)

Mr. Bigmouth and the rest of the Dramosian group were invited out to Bespl. Bespl was an industrial scrapyard planetoid  that was home to many of the shipbreakers and scrappers of Polaris Galaxy. As a result, the planet was extremely polluted and wrecks of great starships populated the planet. Of course, Vox paid a hefty fee to the companies so he could use their scrapyards as arenas.

The spectators were all seated in their climate controlled box seats eagerly awaiting the battle to begin. Outside, the hazy light of the star lit the wrecked starships. Drones and armored workers flitted about as they cut apart wrecks, salvaging any valuables they could. Smoke and smog billowed into the air from many of the distant refineries and smelters.

It was to be an aerial versus ground battle, pitting Drobot and Rainbow against a group of Hoolefarian pirates.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 10:57:16 PM by Serris »

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A space pirate?' stripetail paused. ' you have to be joking!" there was a slight pause as stripetail read the transcript ' 100 million bolts for information leading to herr capture"  Stripetail's sigh was audible, as was the clear sense of frustration. "  i'll call Qwark and get this straightened out.  " in the meantime, we need to make sure no one else gets grabbed. Its going to be hard enough rescuing Rainbow, Kovu and the others, the more we have to rescue, the harder it is. last time we only had to rescue 3 from Chong, this time, at least 10, the way things are going, possibly more. Keep me in the loop. Stripetail out."
_
Bespl
 Nick paused as he took a seat near the front row of the Box seat that was given to the group. " i'd call this place a dump, but thats exactly what it is..' He said '  such grand old ships, too ' Saba said ' Sad, in a way, that they are being ripped into pieces and turned into weapons for fights." " we've established ouurtselves ' Utsa said from behind them, now we need to start looking for ways to undermine voxs security." In addition to being climate controlled.  each  box was sound proofed so that its occupants could talk in complete privacy, you literally would have to be in the box to hear what was said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Meridian City)

"Roger that. Zanasiu out." Dr. Zanasiu sighed. "We've already stepped up security with the 'no one alone' policy. And the Spire's guards are already busy guarding the massive ship."

Zachary's ears splayed in thought as the massive Clydesdale tapped a finger on his muzzle. "And it's not like we can keep everyone aboard the ship and lock it down. They'll riot from boredom."

James nodded in agreement. A trio of Meridian City police officers approached them.

"May I help you?" James asked as he leaned back on the bench.

"Are you Dr. James Zanasiu?" the first officer demanded.

"Yes. Is something the matter, Officer?"

"You are under arrest. Hands behind your back! Do not resist!"

James's jaw dropped as he was roughly pulled to a standing position and handcuffed by the two officers. Zachary was held back at gunpoint by the remaining officer.

"What is the meaning of this!?" he demanded.

The first police officer read from a display on their arm. "Dr. James Zanasiu, you have been charged with possession of controlled substances without a license."

James racked his brain. He had already spoken to the spaceport administrators and they assured him all the licenses and permits were in order. "Wait," he exclaimed as he was hustled off. "I can explain!"

(Bespl)

Ms. Swimmer watched as a sleek custom starfighter slammed into what looked like an old cargo hauler and exploded in a brilliant fireball. Lines of AA fire stitched the air as the ground contestants used the "helpfully" provided anti-air guns to attack the starfighters. She sighed, sat down and poured herself some Pozest -- a fizzy stimulant drink imported from Cruithne Crest III and popular among the robotic aliens known as the Glitch.

Mr. Bigmouth nodded. "From what we've seen, only voluntary contestants can be released from Dreadzone and even so, they still have to serve a term of several years. Captured and enslaved contestants leave only if they die." Upon hearing Utsa mention the security systems, he added. "I've noticed that they really don't check the dead competitors too thoroughly. We could conceivably smuggle a few out as 'dead', possibly under the guise of wanting a 'souvineir'."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Excuse me?" Hailey rapped impatiently on the window. "Get Sly Cooper on the phone! This is a matter of life and death!"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Elaris looked up and saw hailey tapping on the window " sorry, mam. was reading a rangers reports from   transporting a prisoner to Zordoom. Now  from my files, he seems  to be on an active case, dealing with thefts of  Mawashiis  from the Hall of Champions on mawashii. " She looked at Hailey ' ah, well ' i'll contact him anyway ' She pressed a button ' Constable Sly cooper. please report to room 103. you have and urgent call on line 7. Instructions to follow "
 " Copy that Elaris. I'm on my way. " Elaris smiled and she turned to Hailey ' He'll be here in about 10 minutes ' Elaris said.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 03:38:52 AM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: