The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

High Fantasy Concept

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Hi guys!  :lol:

So, despite the fact that writer's block is making a habit of chewing down on me quite severely  :( I nevertheless am still developing new ideas constantly. One of the most prominent has been a high fantasy franchise. Whilst I have numerous character details and things about the world it's set in sketched out, I wanted to see what everyone thought of a high fantasy idea first.

If you're a fan of my writing, or high fantasy, or both, then by all means let me know, and maybe next I'll post some details on my characters/races/world.
Oh, and I wouldn't say no to offers for concept art.  :p

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Fantasy is not my preferred genre of literature but then again I've hardly ever tried it so... I like your writing anyway so I gonna check it out anyway :lol Go ahead and post what you've figured out so far, maybe some guys can offer help/critism whatever or inspire you even :p

BTW: Are you also going to put up the other story here (You know which one I'm referring to, right? I reviewed chp. 3 today btw ;))
Inactive, probably forever.

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
OK, so there are several races I've planned out in this constructed world. Most are based off creatures from Germanic or Greek mythology, but there are few with concepts of my own creation. Either way, I've added my own spin on these races.
The two major races with focus in this story are humans and elves. My elves are a little different from what may be expected, here's just a little profile on them...

ELF
Reproduction: Sexual
Sexual Dynamics: Semi-binary
Average Height: 5’9”
Average Weight: 138 lbs
Average Lifespan: ~250 years
Diet: Herbivorous
Estimated Population: 75 million
Habitat: Varies
Adjective: Elven
Elves are populous and successful beings, noted for being closely allied and associated with humans, but are distinguishable from them most notably by their protruding, triangular ears, which gives them a greater auditory ability. Notably on average also, elves’ skin tone is darker than humans, ranging from deep dark, to light tan, never verging on the paler tones of human skin. Their hair colour is also largely binary, ranging from white and blonde to black and grey, occasionally harbouring on red and brown. This hair colour remains throughout life and doesn’t change with age, although a reduction in the amount is often noted when an elf reaches their bicentennial years.
Unlike humans, elves have a significant asymmetry between the sexes, with only a third of elves being male (known as he-elves). There is also very limited dimorphism, as he-elves greatly resemble the female elves, retaining the feminine face and limb structure. The only noticeable difference (at least to other beings) is in the genitalia. Elves are considered by humans to be chaste, as for them, sex generally serves a ceremonial purpose. Upon courting, two elves will initiate sex and take note of their experience. If both find it beneficial, marriage is generally the next stage, attended by huge numbers. Marriage is generally expected of elves, although it is not an obligation. Reproduction between humans and elves is also not actively discouraged, save for from a few elitists (normally elves). There is an estimated 600,000 human-elf hybrids in the world, and although marriage is not an option for a same-sex elf couple, a human and elf of the same sex can marry. Gestation for elves is around two years, and unlike humans, elves do not experience menopause, although menstruation starts a few years later.
Elves are famed across the continent for their manufacturing skills, which has become a signature magic for the race in its own right. The most commonly manufactured items from elves are metal, weaponry and textiles. They generally wear clothes they have made themselves, although at wedding ceremonies, the bride and groom wear clothes made by their family and friends as a sign of respect. Elves are famed for being a race of barefooters – all shoes in elf culture are considered weapons, due to their long history of manufacturing bladed shoes. Therefore, an elf wearing shoes is seen as a sign of aggression. The soles of their feet have evolved to be leathery, but are not hard and calloused to allow for comfort. Elves are largely herbivorous, being able to digest many for plants and fungi than humans, though they do occasionally supplement their diet with small amounts of meat, mainly fish.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Interesting concept :)
Inactive, probably forever.