The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So, does this movie look some Golden Globes 2010 noms worth?

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
This Movie = awesome. That's all I'm gonna say.

SouthPawRacer

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.racedepartment.com/
My family and I plan to see it before Christmas. I'll let you guys know my thoughts when I eventually do see it... :yes

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm going to see it tomorrow so I'll post a short review of it after I come back from the theater.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does look like it may be a good movie, with action, a good plot and maybe a message.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
http://spoonyexperiment.com/ The guy sitting on the left with the "Leave the Bronx" T-shirt in this review sums up my feelings of the movie.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

SouthPawRacer

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.racedepartment.com/
Watched the 3D version of the movie this morning with the family... And I have to say it was FREAKIN' AWESOME. :lol:

Those special effects and the technology used to create them were absolutely mind-blowing. The wildlife of Pandora is very well-designed... seems alien yet similar to our creatures. And the battle scenes... my gosh. The only movie I've ever seen that was more epic than this would have to be Transformers. (No, I'm not joking, I really liked Transformers.)

Truly excellent film, I'd recommend it to anyone who loves Sci-fi films.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
The Lord of the Rings easily trumps this.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Edit: oops, double posted the above by mistake. Might as well take this opportunity to expand on the above then.

LotR trumps Avatar because it takes more than stuff blowing up to be epic. There also has to be an emotional investment that connects one to the characters. LotR had that by the bucketload. This...did not.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Just got out from this. Initial reaction: best movie of the year, ridiculously awesome. Weirdraptor, we get it already. You worship Lord of the Rings. We understand. There is no need to constantly refer to the Lord of the Rings as if it were the Bible. Everyone has an opinion. I still love the Empire Strikes Back more than this movie, and I still think Return of the King was about as good, but I don't have to constantly try and compare things. It's just getting a bit annoying, that's all. I'm sorry if I snapped or something.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Best movie 2009 for me. Breathtaking, emotional, has a good plot. A must see!

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I wanna see this movie. Badly!
I just hope that the camera doesn't fly around like crazy as it does in movies such as Quantum of Solace and 2012... It makes you dizzy!
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
well, there are some scenes I noticed that. But it isn¥t really bad.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Just watched this movie today... 2 WORDS: Epicness overload.

Behold, the true holy epicness of a James Cameron film! :lol

I loved every single second of it. Too bad my mom says otherwise though - she starts falling asleep when the Na'vis show up. Same goes for my dad, but he'd practically fall asleep on any movie we go to watch. :p

Anyways, it's a really awesome film. My fav part is when Ney'tiri was teaching Jake the ways of the Na'vi. (*cough* b**** slap *cough* XD)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw the film yesterday and all I can say is WOW James Camaron+great plot+Imax effects+great acting and emotion= best film of the year seriously the audience(Including me) actually clapped when the film ended ,its that good.

Camaron recently announced that he is making Avatar a trilogy(good luck James).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A trilogy? I hope the next 2 are as well written.  I've heard from multiple folks on 2 forums how good the film is.  I may need to add it to my dvd's to eventually purchase.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I saw it myself. It was BEAUTIFUL. The animation, the storyline, everything. :D :wow

I loved how they were able to surpass some cliques with spiritual parts.

I really don't understand your comment WR. At least this movie HAD a storyline and things weren't just blowing up....there was betrayal, spirituality, and the concept of being in another world. So what was it about it that was so bad?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I haven't seen this movie yet, but outside of WeirdRaptor and a friend of mine, I haven't seen any really bad comments about it. I heard it was an excellent movie. I may decide to go see it.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I saw this movie in 3D last week, the ticket sure was expensive (7 euros with a student discount!) but it was worth it. All in all, great plot, great design, photography, special effects. It's pure science fiction at its best.

However, for me it wasn't the best movie of 2009. That would have to go to 500 Days of Summer, a great film, it's wonderful how they picked up a simple script and turned it into something epic.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

• Spike
    • View Profile
i just got back from seeing this in 3d and this movie is the greatest movie i have seen thus far in 2009.

as a side note, i just searched and the language is a real language of about 1000 words, grammer, everything.