The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Uncut version

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Okay I got the images. I did not take a picture for every movie; I tried to just compare only the different ways he's appeared. Maybe I missed one. But this is the gist of it.

Notice how very dark he is in the original? Look at the other pictures. They aren't nearly as dark. The closest is the fifth movie, but that's still not as dark.

So LBTLover1's statement of "he's more light gray in the sequels" is correct.

Edit: Forgot to mention one of the pictures is from a TV episode.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Sorry, LBTLover1, I was just frustrated...we all get like that sometimes. Again, really sorry.

Well, at least the sequels did the justice of returning him to safe teritory.

P.S. where is the last picture from?

Bruton the Iguanodon

If you look carefully, you can see that the colours of every character become brighter and more colourful in the Valley when compared to previously in the film. So, I'm guessing that the lavender-grey colour is Topps' real colour, and he only appeared dark brownish-grey previously because of the harsh orange lighting outside the Valley

He does appear darker outside the valley, but he is not lavender grey. It's not his real color, anymore then the original sharptooth's real color would be fusia.   :lol

Bruton the Iguanodon

So he's never as dark as he was in the original.  :(

But I am right in thinking he was never as light as he was in the original too, aren't I?

Bruton the Iguanodon

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^Well, yes, but only because of the light of dawn in the Great Valley. Light of dawn can be very intense to a terrestrial observer; because of the low angle the sun shines under the contrast between light and shadow can be much greater than at noon. Hence the bright colours of the characters.

And if there's a lot of dust in the air, dawn can be as red as dusk, which would explain the purplish hue of the characters.

Bruton the Iguanodon

We see him at sunset though in 11, 5 and 9 and he's nowhere near as light as he was in the original either---I mean, dawn and sunset are pretty much the same thing...

Bruton the Iguanodon

"Actually he's more light gray in the sequels which kinda proves Allicloud's point. They are in a much happier place now"

Am I the only one who thinks this is a really crappy idea and is angered by it? People say Topps is never as dark as he was in the original, and they're right...and I think the very idea is just wrong.

Yet, he's never as light as he was at the end of the original in the sequels...is he?

Bruton the Iguanodon

Notice how very dark he is in the original? Look at the other pictures. They aren't nearly as dark. The closest is the fifth movie, but that's still not as dark.

So LBTLover1's statement of "he's more light gray in the sequels" is correct.

But he's also darker in the sequels as well, because, well...he isn;t pink.

In short, I'm pissed that he was pink at the end of 1.

DollFace

• Ruby
    • View Profile
The Original Land Before Time was more darker then you think. Sharptooth originally had scars over his body. The fight was bloody. Both Longneck and trex was bleeding. Lava was involved. I mean Sharptooth looked scarier in the original and when the thorn hit his eye blood just splattered evverywhere. He lost that eye for good. They showed him bite littlefoots mother's neck and back. no shadow scenes were there. There was lava and the earthquake was intense. My friend lives in Norway and he has scene the movie in theatres as a child. That's all I got to say. I don't think we'll find it. It's gone. Uhm maybe a norweign version that say 1989 on it is a great chance we got and we shoudl search for it. Other than that we are lost.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
How do you know this? Was this in the uncut or the theater version? And I must say the word "dark" doesn't really mean the same as intense fighting. It means rather an depressing story, dark environment and lack of happy moments and comics.
  Have you seen your friends copy or does he just claim that he has the original version?

DollFace

• Ruby
    • View Profile
It's the theatre version. He saw it when he was six years old. THe sharptooth had scars over his body. I can only take what he said. it played in Norway during the year 1989. That's all I have. I mean both of them were bleeding. There was more voilence and actual blood in the fight scenes. And lava shown in the theatre version during the fight scene.
I only explaining the earthquake and the fight scene. Sharptooth originally had scars over his body in the Theatre version and he got more for fighting littlefoots mother.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DollFace,Oct 22 2012 on  09:37 PM
It's the theatre version. He saw it when he was six years old. THe sharptooth had scars over his body. I can only take what he said. it played in Norway during the year 1989. That's all I have. I mean both of them were bleeding. There was more voilence and actual blood in the fight scenes. And lava shown in the theatre version during the fight scene.
I only explaining the earthquake and the fight scene. Sharptooth originally had scars over his body in the Theatre version and he got more for fighting littlefoots mother.
That should be relatively easy to find out. In Finland we at least have a national movie archive with original theatrical copies of the movies stored and you can go watch them.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That should be relatively easy to find out. In Finland we at least have a national movie archive with original theatrical copies of the movies stored and you can go watch them.
Well, could somebody from Finland go to this place and watch them?

I actually stumbled across a petition Let's do something to get those deleted scenes, shan't we?

PS: Does anybody know if there's a list of all airings of the movie in the near future (or does anybody know which tv-stations are airing them?)? I'm especially interested to see the next finnish airing for obvious reasons...

Keep hunting guys!
Inactive, probably forever.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Dec 21 2013 on  02:13 PM
Well, could somebody from Finland go to this place and watch them?

I actually stumbled across a petition Let's do something to get those deleted scenes, shan't we?

PS: Does anybody know if there's a list of all airings of the movie in the near future (or does anybody know which tv-stations are airing them?)? I'm especially interested to see the next finnish airing for obvious reasons...

Keep hunting guys!
If we have a member near Helsinki then just contact them and go watch it - http://www.kava.fi/ At least we could close the myth about the biting scene.

The original TV station did air the movie on subscription channels after they reacquired the rights following my contact about the movie, but nobody here had those channels so we couldn't check it. There hasnt been any airings since.