The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

No more Land of Mists?!

Guest · 25 · 5048

Bruton the Iguanodon

Why do we never get to see the Land of Mists again?

Are we ever going to? Cause it would be soooooo sad if that was the last shot we ever got of the place!

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I doubt it. At the moment, there's no reason to go back. Unless another of the dinosaurs in the Great Valley were to get sick and need the night flower. The only problem though is then this would be just a rehash of LBT IV. There would be no suspense at all because they know how to find the night flowers now. They'd probably run into Dil and Ichy again, assuming Dil wasn't eaten by the sharptooth that chased her at the end.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
There's no need to go back to the Land of Mists. There was never any urgency to go back there. And considering how dangerous it is and the distance (it's not exactly that close, though closer than the crater valley that Bron and his herd lived in), it wouldn't really be all that worth it to go there just to visit.

Only way I can see LF and his friends going back is if they moved there, but there's not much reason for them to do that.

Bruton the Iguanodon

So we're never going to see it again?  :cry

Am I the only one that really likes the land of mists?  :unsure:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Since there's likely to not be anymore LBT movies, then no we won't see the Land of Mists again.

And who said you were the only one who likes the Land of Mists? I'm pretty sure that multiple members here like the Land of Mists. Just because nobody else seems as heartbroken as you are that we don't see the Land of Mists again doesn't mean they don't like the place.

Bruton the Iguanodon

But we see the mysterious beyond again and again and again...

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That doesn't guarantee Land of Mists return. That doesn't mean that the gang will travel all that way back there. Just because the gang leaves the valley constantly doesn't mean that one of them will go "I want to visit the Land of Mists again!" and travel there.

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well, I don't think they'd go back to the Land of Mists again unless someone gets sick with the same sickness as Grandpa Longneck, which owould be kind of boring. And I think it wouldn't be very fun of they went exploring in a place where you can't see very well. At least they could see clearly in the Mysterious Beyond.

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well I have a few ideals why there could go back there but that would only be because of Chomper and Ruby wanting to go there to see what it's like. (Most of my ideals) OR someone gets sick. Like everyone else has been saying. :lol

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
But I don't even think Chomper and Ruby would want to go to the Land of Mists. I'm sure that Littlefoot and his friends have told the two of them about their adventure there, and it would honestly be out of character for them to want to go to a dangerous place just for the heck of it. Every other time the gang has gone to a dangerous place it has been for a sufficient reason, and Chomper and Ruby wanting to see what the Land of Mists was like would not be a sufficient reason.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As someone mentioned I don't see them returning to the Land of Mists unless someone does get sick like Grandpa Longneck did, with the same or a similar illness.

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
There could be kidnapped by dil and itchy and the gang go out and try to save them. But thnking about it I don't think that would happen.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dil & Icky would have to go to the Great Valley, or get close enough to grab 1 or more members of the gang as they do one of their exploring and wind up outside the valley.  Or Ali's herd could show up but Ali isn't there, mentioning she was captured or something.

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
That could work out very well for a story in my view. OR a fanfiction. :DD

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There could be kidnapped by dil and itchy and the gang go out and try to save them. But thnking about it I don't think that would happen.
Capturing or kidnapping are tricky elements for LBT. I have been using something like that in an LBT story in which Ozzy and Strut captured but didn't kill Littlefoot and Ducky hoping to catch the others too when they tried to free them. There are not many scenarios in which this works in LBT (my own was not exactly credible I think) because most "villains' villany" in LBT is based on eating the main characters so keeping them alive or "imprisoning" them would often make little sense to the "villains". Possible motives might involve using "captives" as baits or for some kind of revenge plot. Villains we have seen so far with whom this might work out would be Ozzy and Strut, Rinkus and Sierra.
Keeping any of the LBT characters in captivity too might be tricky though. And require one of the villains at least to guard the respective character all the time. In case of Ducky and Petrie it might be possible to "lock them up" by making up a "prison" with rocks too heavy for Ducky or Petrie to move.
In case of Littlefoot, Cera and Spike it would be very difficult though. In fact I think they might even be too strong / massive to allow Rinkus or Sierra to force them to anything at all.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
I have an idea.What if that little rat like thing shows up and ask for their help,becose there's something trouble,which he's kind can't solve without some help?I think they would go back if a friend ask for it.

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
That could work but because the rat can't talk it would be hard to tell the gang if someone was in danger. But I've been wrong before so yeah good ideal. :DD

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Blais_13,May 1 2012 on  02:45 AM
I have an idea.What if that little rat like thing shows up and ask for their help,becose there's something trouble,which he's kind can't solve without some help?I think they would go back if a friend ask for it.
That could be possible, except like it was already stated Tickles couldn't speak the same language as Littlefoot and his friends. However, he could at least understand them, so I'm sure there could be a way for him to communicate that something was wrong.

At the same time, the only problem with this is it is still kind of piggybacking off of what happened in LBT IV. Ali went back when Littlefoot was in trouble and convinced Ducky, Petrie and Spike to follow her back to the cave. Now granted, Littlefoot was stuck in the cave and not the Land of Mists itself, but it still seems a bit too familiar.

The only problem I had with Tickles is the same problem I had with a bunch of the characters from the TV show, like Rhett and Scuttle. Tickles did not need to be in the movie whatsoever. Nothing he does really benefits the gang or hinders them, and he is only in it for maybe twenty minutes. Now one could say that he helped them find Cera, but I highly doubt that Littlefoot and the others wouldn't have been able to find her once the rain lifted up. Just my opinion though, so I hope I don't offend anybody who particularly liked Tickles.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yeah,i understand your points,but i think there are ways to fix the mistakes i made.For example,what if a wandering herd who just arrived to the great valley starts to speak about a disaster,noticable from distance becose herds aren't going to the land of mists,like a big fire,or whatever,which makes the gang worried about Thickles.If i remeber correctly,Ducky seemed to especialy like the little rat,so i think she would remember him,and try to check if Thickles is fine or not.

I'm just saying,that there's a thing which can make them go back to the land of mists,becose they actualy left a friend there.It's minnor matter,how they get to know that he is in trouble.

For Thickles,i agree with you.He is definitely not the most memorable character in LBT.I even forget his name,and i was too lazy to look it up.Thats why i called him little rat like thing.