The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Photography

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
These are mine:

Adam's Nature Photographs
Adam's Nature Photographs

These were all taken with a 35mm Canon Rebel.  Yeah, I'm a bit in the stone age and do not use a digital camera.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Those are some pretty beautiful photos.  I especially like the coastline photos.  :DD

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Thanks.  The coastline photos were taken in Maine.  The rest were taken in the Northern part of New York.  Also, the ones where I appear to be in an airplane or something were actually taken on a ski lift; you could see about sixty miles or so I was told.  :wow

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here is a picture of the USS Alabama at dusk.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
And this one shows the superstructure and some of the awesome gun turrets.

Attachments:

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
:wow  You stayed on that?  Pretty cool if you ask me.  I have never been on an aircraft carrier in my life.

Attachments:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'd love to do it again too.  It smells like oil on the thing though.  It is the biggest (and the only for that matter) ship I have ever been on.  She is over 600 feet long.
(btw, I really would like to stay on an airctaft carrier sometime but the Alabama is a battleship.)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Those are some fantastic pictures, guys! :wow

I enjoy photography, but I don't have many pictures worth sharing; most are of my friends doing random stuff, my basement and grad pictures, among others.

I guess I need to get out more :lol

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
:D Actually, the battleship pic, I got those off the internet because I couldn't find where I put my pictures.  If I find them, I'll post them too.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I'll agree with you there, F-14, the older ships do smell like oil when you go on them.  :x

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I heard than the Alabama took no damage from enenmy action.  One of the turrets was destroyed and five of the crew died in the explosion, but that was because someone loaded the guns wrong and not because of enemy attacks.  Also, there are two holes in the railing where the AA guns at the back of the ship fired too low and shot right through it.  One is just a dent and the other goes all the way through.  The ship is so cool.  SHe was in four battles I think.