The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Devil's Box

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
The void seemed endless. Black as the blackest of Coal. Cold as the meat freezer of the Insane Cafe and as boring and endless as an infomercial about ear swabs.

For a while, Aves, the crazy little desert fox found himself trapped on a mysterious tiny ship hurdling through this strange abyss. There wasn't much to eat on this strange voyage aside from an endless supply of stale cheesy puffs and an endless supply of off brand diet soda that literally had no taste. And the only form of entertainment was some old television broadcast (via ancient radio waves floating through space) featuring US President, Nixon endlessly playing catch with some loud obnoxious warty toad named Rush Limbaugh.

Aves was obviously miserable from all this. He did not know how he got on this ship or why he was on it. He remembered being at the Insane Cafe once upon a time, then he blacked out. And then he awoke, finding himself in this odd situation.

The ship itself had no power to it, and therefor could not be controlled. He had no way to radio out for help. Strange, as it was, he had an endless supply of air and food. Where did it all come from? He really stopped wondering after boredom had set in.

Aves heaved a sigh as he glanced out the tiny cockpit window. He had finally muted the small tv monitor after getting tired of the Rush Limbaugh toad ranting and raving about how Nixon was terrible at catching (and then started bashing the referee for being a liberal pixie.)

His mind began wondering about the void, as it had done many a time. Just what was the meaning of all this?

Suddenly, something caught his eye. A tiny speck of light blinking in the blackness. He had not seen it there before. It was something different. He obviously felt very intrigued by it and even felt hopeful. Could this be some form of help?

He continued to watch as he gnawed on a stale cheese puff. The light grew brighter as well as slightly bigger. What was it?

Little did he know that as he looked on, his ship was being tracked and pursued by another ship, this one too far out for a visual but just far enough to get a signal of his ship. This vessel being captained by none other than Aves's friend and fellow Insane Cafe cook, Nick and crewed by a colorful assortment of characters, all from the more recent adventures in The Insane Cafe.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nick  turned at the controls ' aves owes me big time for rescuing him' he muttered ' how does he keep getting himself in these situations? he muttered as he noted the ship floating aimlessly in sace. ' he pressed a button' unload the tractor beam and pull the ship in. sections 17, 18, both  .35A, Prepare docking bay 7 for receiving vessel' ' affirmative" came Tigeress voice over the radio." wonder what Aves will think wghen he sees us?' Dont know the guy has several gaps in his memory, he missed most of the Shurlup incident, most of the war with Chong and most of the mertavius matter. hopefully the guy doesn't have a brain tumor or something.' Nick replied. "Tractor beam is  deployed.. ETa for ship docking is 5 minutes.' tigeress out" the purple wolf cut the communique, and nick turned to focus on the rapidly approaching ship.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
There was a sudden jolt in the ship, knocking Aves forward in his seat, implanting his face into the hard glass of the window "Merrrfph efff meeerfii?!??!" was all he could manage with his facial features smushed like a Picasso painting against the clear surface.

He pushed himself away and rubbed his temple before muttering to himself. "Deh heck was that?!?"

He returned his gaze towards the window. The distant bright light was gone, but the ship felt as if it was being pulled backwards.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(OOC - is this a 1-on-1 RP?)

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He awoke in the living starship he lived in.  He had had the same dream as before, but he knew it wasn't a dream but a memory from before.  He yawned and got up.

"Same dream?" the ship asked.

"Yea, but a memory from before. " he said as he made his way to the shower.  He showered then once done put on a green jumpsuit sort of thing and made his way to the small room he used as an occasional lab.  he was almost finished with his project.  He picked up some instruments and worked till he finished.   Then he put the tools away and reaching into a pocket he took out the green ranger power coin.  "This should finish it." He said as he put the power coin into what he had been working on and closed the hatch.  Then he put what looked like a bracelet onto his wrist and closed it with a snap.

"You sure it'll work?" The ship asked.

"Let's test it." he said.   He then morphed into the greed dragon ranger.   "worked.  I just wish I could remember more.  How I got where you found me, how I know this is a power coin." He said. Satisfied he changed back to normal.  Then he walked over to a small storage area and put some stuff he had on him before into his pockets including a captain kirk era type 2 phaser.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The tractor beam had locked on to aVes ship ad was beginning the process of bringing it  into th e loading bay. the hangar bay slid open in preparatonto receive the ship. once the ship was safely inside Nick would head down there and rtrieve his old friend.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tigress strolled up to nick in her armor, after the mertavius business she had become dixies partner as Cynder had started dating her counterpart from skylands, who was also named Cynder. flash  was now almost a year old now and loved her parents and her ' aunt " Dixie. flash had stayed behind with Tiger after Nick had asked her to help him find aves. once they found him, it would be a matter of filling the gaps in his memory.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"How goes the space around us?" he asked looking up from his current project.  He was thinking of taking a break as he was basically finished, just some list bit of touch ups from his upgrade to this device.  

"Just one ship on very long distance range that is doing a tractor beam on another ship that has no power. "  the ship said.  

"i guess some rescue or salvage or something." he said shrugging.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The ship itself was a bit small, being a one man ship. Probably no bigger than the millennium falcon. But the cockpit was tiny and served also as Aves's aparent living quarters. Empty cans were stacked abd piled in corners with balled up empty cheese puff bags. But finding the lone fennec wasnt too hard once they managed to break through the trash mounds. Aves himself was weak and a bit thick around the belly from his unhealthy diet of crap junkfoods and being seated in the cockpit chair most of the time.

He managed to turn himself around after hearing the comotion of chatting and the sound of trash being pushed aside

"Huh? Who's there?" he said. Not sure if these beings would be friendly or hostile. Hopefully he wasnt just picked up by a trade hoarding vessel and he was about to be sold off at an auction at the nearest desert planet.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hello Aves " tigeress said coming up up to him in her armor ' I;m Tigeress you might remember me from your stint at the hotel? anyway "Nick is waiting for you ondeck. we've been looking for you for quite some time. even since you disappeared near skylands.. i'm sure you have a lot of things to tell us.. so i'll keep this brief . Just climb on my back abnd i'll carry you off ship..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He continued working on some other things till he finished them.  Putting the other bracelet on and taking a 4-5 inch rod and held it up.  

"There, finished my wrist computer and sonic screwdriver.  With a few added modifications." He said pressing a tiny button and with a shunk sound it elongated out to be about cane size.  "End a melee weapon if need be." He said pressing the same button and having it return to it's normal size.

"Another thing you saw in a dream?" THe ship asked.

"The sonic screwdriver and telescoping cane.  The wrist computer I saw in an online catalog and looking at the specs knew I could make one better."

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Aves honestly had no clear memory of this Tigeress character. And seeing another living being in his space after what felt like an entire decade of being alone was like some weird dream. Speaking no other word he blindly accepted Tigeress's invitation and did as she had told him. He was heavier than he looked as they made their way out of the cockpit and past the piles of trash.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tigress moved her way past the piles of trash ' you certainly weren't much of a housekeeper , were you aves?' she said. her armor provided magical air she could breath while in space, and it amplified her own abilities and powers as well. ' i've got him nick. Headed your way now' she said into her ring. ' good work tigress. we're setting up a  cot for him to rest and recuperate. i'm sure hes had a long journey and been through a lot..'
- well judging by all the food wrappers in here, he hasnt wanted for food." tigeress replied as she dove through a large pile of trash that blocked the exit to the cockpit. '' this ship is going to need a through cleaning ' she sputtered, as junk flew everywhere.  tigeress made it through with aves in tow and darted her way towards the ships exit which she  opened with a gesture of her ring. ' nick stood below a smile on his flash as Tigeress dropped down, aves on her back. " good to see you Aves.' Nick said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Hwa...? Nick, is that... you?" said Aves. He blinked then rubbed his eyes looking as if he had just awoken from a long and deep slumber before falling over off Tigeress's back with an 'Oof'. He raised himself up into a sitting position and gazed up and around at his new surrounding.

"What on earth happened? Where am I?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We lost contact with you after our foray into the skylands. ' Nick replied. ' how you ended up on that ship, i don;t know. the important thing is, we found you and we've set up a place for you to rest and recover. " this is the Spaceship Twinblade. bought it from  my share of the bounty for taking down Chong,.. The Phoenix is in the shop for repairs, through the cafe reconstruction is coming along nicely.' Nick said motioning to  the surrounding. ' this place has 3 interior towns. 90 holes of golf(and minigolf0 all you can eat buffets courtesy of Aestorican chefs, those guys are masters of magical food. Theres are parts of the ship dedicated to all 4 seasons on earth, so you go from tanning your self in the summer area to building a snow fort in the Winter area ' Nick said proudly.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He tried using both bracelets.  Though this time instead of morphing and being done with it it was like the morpin process could not make up it's mind between the green dragon ranger or a mix of part dragon ranger and incomplete red zeo, flowing and till it seems the dragon ranger one won.  He took a step back, putting his back against the wall as he took off the helmet to rub his right temple with his right hand.  

"woh.." he said a bit disoriented.  

"What was that, I got some pretty weird readings in there." The said asked.

"I'm not sure." he said putting the helmet back on.  "must have cross wired something wrong."  

"Do you really need both bracelets? " The ship asked.

"Thought the red crystal may add some extra power to the process.  But the crystal seems... like it was split from a larger crystal, incomplete somehow."

"like was split?" the ship asked.  

"split... split..." he feel that stirred something.   Like he could almost remember, almost reach the memory of .... then it was gone as quick as it came.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Aves still seemed to be in a sort of daze as he looked around blinking at his new surroundings. He did not seem to pay much attention to Nick's explanation at first but soon blinked up at him before slowly getting to his feet. The fox's pudginess was all the more evident now as he stood before everyone. He had certainly put on some weight from all the cheesy puffs that he consumed over his long journey into the void.

"How did you guys manage to find me?" he asked finally. "I must've been floating in that weird black void for a long time... speaking of, what year is it now?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
2015, in earth reckoning ' Nick replied ' you've been missing for a good part of two years. we were lucky to find you.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He took the bracelets off and started to make adjustments to them.  He kept working on them till he thought he had fixed the problem.  "there." he said, fixed."

"You sure about that?" the ship asked?

he shrugged, "Seems so." He said as he closed the bracelet he had been finishing working on.  He put it on his wrist.