The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Jurassic World

Akiko · 16 · 3882

Akiko

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://wahyawolf.deviantart.com
I couldn't find a thread about this but if there is one already I apologize. Anyone else excited about the new Jurassic Park movie? While nothing can compare to the original (that goes for pretty much everything) I'm pretty hyped and plan to see it opening day! I'm intrigued about the plot involving the raptors in this one (but then again they've always been my favorite) :smile

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Watching it with my girlfriend tonight, so hyped for it too :D It seems to be getting decent reviews from most people who've seen it so it's looking good so far :)

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I really want to watch this movie but being cramped up with so many being in a theater is just not my thing. Maybe I'll get over that and go watch it. From word of mouth, this seems to be the Jurassic Park sequel I've been waiting.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I won't spoil anything, but I really liked this one. Honestly, I'm torn between whether I like the original or JW better.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I just saw it today and I bloody loved it! I highly recommend it.

Akiko

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://wahyawolf.deviantart.com
Well this is the first movie in a LONG time that I've seen TWICE...and this from someone who very rarely goes to the theater at all. I think that says a lot. I saw it the first time Saturday then again tonight with some friends. I won't spoil anything but it's absolutely worth seeing in my opinion! Best JP sequel to date. While nothing can top the original for me JW is a worthy sequel and I really enjoyed the story. Blue and the raptor pack were the best! :smile

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I thought it was a fairly good and enjoyable film, but somehow it didn't really feel like a Jurassic Park film to me. Plus the two kids were really annoying :p The acting from the other leads was really good though, and the CGI was pretty convincing.

The Lost World is still my favourite J.P sequel, but I still thought this was a decent film.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just got home from watching it and I have to say it was pretty awesome! It was better, in my opinion, than the 2nd and 3rd movies.
The action scenes were incredible. The pacing of the movie is well done as well. The comedic moments are pretty funny, too. Not "ha ha" funny to me, but the people in theater laughed. The dinosaurs are definitely the best part of the movie. And there's Claire being badass in heels!
The story could have used some work, as well as the dialogue, but it wasn't bad.
It was definitely money well spent. I didn't even mind that the theater was so packed. I kind of want to go watch it again, but first I want to see Inside Out.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Anyone else tear up a bit when the Apatosaurus died? Because I don't know about you, but that scene was VERY reminiscent of one scene we all know quite well...

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I did, too. This is the first of the franchise to actually make me feel for the dinosaurs the way I would a dog or cat.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Over three years late to the party.  Don't know why it took me so long to see this.

Indominus Rex, you were a monster.  A creature truly not meant for this world.  May you never roam the earth again.

I enjoyed this quite a bit.  I'll make sure to see the sequel soon.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
So you'll tell us how you liked "Fallen Kingdom" in another three years?  :lol

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I first watched JW and Fallen Kingdom pretty recently myself. I personally thought they both were pretty good *runs away before everyone kills me*. I definitely did tear up at both the dying apatosaurus in JW and when the brach got killed by the volcano in Fallen Kingdom (and yeah, I think I blame a particular sauropod death scene that we all know so well for that). The I-Rex and the Indoraptor were both quite the beast. I'm honestly pretty excited for JW3, given how Fallen Kingdom ended.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I first watched JW and Fallen Kingdom pretty recently myself. I personally thought they both were pretty good *runs away before everyone kills me*. I definitely did tear up at both the dying apatosaurus in JW and when the brach got killed by the volcano in Fallen Kingdom (and yeah, I think I blame a particular sauropod death scene that we all know so well for that). The I-Rex and the Indoraptor were both quite the beast. I'm honestly pretty excited for JW3, given how Fallen Kingdom ended.
JW3 is going to be the "Cadillacs and Dinosaurs" movie we'll never otherwise get.