The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Red Claw and vision problems

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, I just thought of something in LBT TV Series.  Chomper says that Red Claw had trouble seeing them if they hold still or something.  No T-Rex in LBT up to that point had that problem.  Also, Chomper seems to know Red Claw has this problem.  

Well, in case you noticed, Red Claw has two different eye colors like one of them got damaged.  If he had some kind of vision impairment, then that would explain what Chomper said.  Also, if he has vision problems, it might also explain why he has Screech and Thud, as he might need them to be able to harass other dinos as they'd be able to get away from him without them being there.  With them, they can help his harass and also help point him in the direction of others.

I doubt he's anywhere near as blind as Dil, but I doubt he has 20/20 vision either.  

Just a theory I thought of.  How Chomper would know that Red Claw has this problem, if my theory is right, is mystery, unless Chomper did something to his eye (maybe Red Claw tried to knock off a Leaf Eater, Chomper clawed him in the eye, and now Red Claw wants to wipe Chomper off the face of the earth for it.  It would also parallel possibly to the original Sharptooth, who in addition to wanting to eat the Gang of Five,  was determined to get them for the thorn in the eye issue.)

Also, as Chomper might have had a role in Red Claw's damaged eye, we can be sure that Red Claw is NOT the original Sharptooth as Chomper hadn't even hatched yet at the time of that incident in the first film.  

Heck, if Chomper DID rescue a Leaf Eater by attacking Red Claw in the eye, the Great Valley would probably feel a lot of sympathy for him that, perhaps, they might not otherwise have given him.  

As for Chomper's parents sending him off, Red Claw might have other pals somewhere and perhaps they didn't want to take on Red Claw directly, as would be their only option other than sending Chomper away.  As they might have feared Red Claw might try something whenever they turn their backs, they probably, realizing that Chomper would be most miserable having to be guarded 24/7/365, have sent him off with Ruby with the mission to get help from the Great Valley, which, having been there, they might have told Ruby (Note: As Chomper was like a day old when he last left the Great Valley, he might recall the way, but Chomper's parents are adults and so would know the way and no doubt told Chomper and Ruby.

Of course, perhaps they decided they might need to tell them about the Great Valley but had them lay low with Ruby's family first and kept visiting them there often, not too often as it would be a giveway.  Red Claw just happened to come on a day when Chomper's parents weren't visiting.  

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
When did Chomper say that Redclaw couldn't see them if they didn't move?

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I always thought it was just a joke on Jurassic Park's expense, honestly. :D

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Quote from: Coyote_A,Feb 11 2015 on  02:11 PM
I always thought it was just a joke on Jurassic Park's expense, honestly. :D
Yeah, I thought so too... it is hard NOT to make some jokes on JP's expense, even for TLBT.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
This vision impairment thing doesn't come into play in any other episode so I think it's safe to assume that it WAS just a gag.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Yeah...and plus it didn't work. He can still smell them out, and that's what he almost did in episode 1.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Interesting theory, but as said above, it's been invalidated, sadly.