The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5628 · 287013

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Mercy's face paled. "It...was destroyed‽" She again tried to leap up, and succeeded only in smashing her face against the heartrate monitor hovering over her bed. "I need to contact them! I need to let Overwatch know I'm not dead--"

"S'not possible, lassie," Hapsburg shook his head sadly. "Overwatch disbanded. Earth's a wee bit different from you're used ter. Plus, we're nowhere near it and currently in the process o' saving the universe so..."

Mercy sighed. "I suppose my hands are tied..." She collapsed back in her seat. "Where is my Cadeuceus Staff and my pistol?" she asked Stripetail. "I may be dead to the world, but I think I can manage so long as my trusted tools survived as I have."

-----------------------------

Hailey walked up to Chong, yawning. "I don't mean to bother..." she said sleepily. "But it feels like you haven't given me anything to do in over four years. I can only play Call of Duty, Duke Nukem, Mortal Kombat, Tekken and Resident Evil games for so long..."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chong looked up from his papers  " ah, Hailey. as a matter of fact I do have a task in mind for you.  I am expecting a message from a Pirate Captain Named Slagg, I approached him about  nabbing some of my enemies, in exchange for a large bounty, the amount I'm raking in from sponsoring Dreadzone more than covers  it. The captain is a stout fellow, as far as robot pirates go, and has a short temper. I want you to meet him,  hear his terms for agreeing to do this for me, and the price he wants, and write them down. . Do this for me successfully,  And i'll pay you, 50000 as a bonus ' Chong's face was the most cheerful Hailey had ever seen him, not only was he getting vengeance on his enemies, but earning a fortune in the process . Heck he was ever wiling to part with some of it."
_
 If your weapons were with him when they weere found ' Stripetail said' then they should be in the weapons storage locker in sector 5. But , for now, your physical health comes first over your possessions. I imagine you are hungry. Fortunately Winterville has lots of different foods available, from salads to sushi, to steak and soup. Just ask the nurse over thee if you want anything, and We'll take care of it for you.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
At his tavern, Nick Wilde had prepared a bunch of drinks for all the paying customers. "What'll it be? We got drinks from all over the galaxy," he grinned in a manner that would entice customers. The fox knew how to make serious money.

Kiara nodded and remained perfectly silent. In her mind, she recited her prayers to the Mawashiian king. She thought of the most important ones to ask about.

After the session, she turned to the sumo lioness. "How about we hit a mawashi store now?" she offered.

"What kind of kart do you wanna use, Ollie?" Oliver asked, interested. "Maybe a Mawashiian one....we could both fit in the seats." Arlene's boy had a taste for speed.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'm getting paid? Hailey didn't expect any compensation for her servitude beyond having been resurrected from the dead, but she certainly wasn't going to look a gift 50K in the mouth. "Sure, sounds easy enough," she shrugged. "Doesn't even sound like I'm going to need to immolate anyone for once."

She left the room and headed for wherever Chong's lieutenants could check the faction mailbox. When this Named Slagg sent his message, Hailey would be ready for him.

------------------------------

Mercy looked at Hapsburg. "What's on the menu?" she asked politely.

"Anythin'!" Hapsburg winked, jabbing the replicator with his finger. "Computer! Diet Coke fer the missus, extra large!"

"Sorry sir," the replicator hummed. "All we serve is Pepsi."

Hapsburg furrowed his brow. "Humpf. Okay, how abou' a cocktail. Lemon mimosa."

"Negative. All we serve is Pepsi." An ice-cold Pepsi materialized in the slot.

Hapsburg gave Stripetail a sideways glance. "Okay...and perhaps some mixed vegetables, mashed potatoes, cranberry jelly, and steak for the main course."

"I don't think you get it," the replicator sighed. "ALL we serve is--"

Hapsburg turned it off. "You know wha'? There are some lovely restaurants in Winterville! Let's take this opportunity to introduce ye to some of the sights!"
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 12:07:47 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(Spire of Winter)

Mr. Bigmouth scowled as he looked at the intercepted transmissions from the Dreadzone. Not only was the Terrarian battle about to start, he had gotten the schedule for the battles to come. And the prime time match was three-way battle between Rainbow, Drobot and the two winners of the Terrarian battle.

He rubbed his forehead and radioed Stripetail. "Stripetail, this is Bigmouth. I have intercepted transmissions from the Dreadzone. Our schedule has been pushed up further seeing as tomorrow, they're planning to have a battle with Rainbow and Drobot tomorrow as the prime time event."

--------------------------

(Dreadzone)

The battle was in full swing as Gracie took to the skies to avoid a massive pillar of green fire that erupted underneath her. Her jetpack roared to life as she banked and raked Amaria with a stream of ichor laced bullets that temporarily ate away armor. She spun out of control as a silver ball shot forth from Amaria's metal wings and struck her jetpack.

Amaria took a few hits but quickly dove into the water to temporarily hide from the others. She found a treasure chest hidden under the water and quickly opened it, browsing through the contents.

--------------------------

A set of grenades harmlessly splashed again a metal edifice that rose out of the ground. Rufus growled and lobbed another grenade over the wall. A cloud of green gas rose up from the impact site. Soon, Rufus flitted about, trying to dodge a seemingly endless stream of bullets that sprayed forth from Alex's minishark. Several more pod bombs released a choking cloud of green, poisonous gas that obscured Rufus's position as he soared straight upwards towards one of the floating islands to try and get more ammunition.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thats a problem Stripetail sighed ' As we dont have a lock on Dreadzones location yet and we'd need time to get our group ready. Time, however is a luxury we won;t be given. Get my Broadcast group in here, tell them that theres been a change in plans, we'll need to have them be ready to broadcast from dreasdzone by Tomorrow.  First, we need ti find the place and send them there. UTsa is going to be puttting in overtime.
- the holoscreen in the Mailbox room turmed on a large robot appeared on screen " so/ are you the emissary of that Chong fellow? Well, I'm ready to state me erms for grabbing those swine!  200000 bolts, per target! think your boss can swing that much/ IF so Hes gotaa deal! Watta you Say?'
-
  i have a better idea. grabbing some grub ' sima said. ' folllow me.
-
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Spire of Winter)

Mr. Bigmouth rubbed his forehead. "Acknowledged. It appears to be transmitted through a relay that is receiving encrypted messages from the Dreadzone. However, I cannot directly pinpoint the location of the Dreadzone. However, I can pinpoint the location of the relay. If I can get direct access to that relay, I may be able to find the position of the Dreadzone. Bigmouth out."

-------------------

(Phoenix)

The mail room supervisor nodded. "Well...you should speak to him directly. I can patch you through to him."

He then radioed Chong. "Captain Chong, we have a mercenary who's offering his services. 200,000 bolts per target. I'll patch him through to you."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
“What’s going on?” Mercy asked.

“Do ye think there’s goin’ ta be combat, Stripetail?” Cedric asked the squirrel mage. “Sorry lassie, looks like ye don’t get yer shore leave after all, we got ter fly.”

‘Oh. Well, I’m that case I’d like to help!” Mercy’s eyes steeled. “I know a thing or two about battlefield doctoring, if we ever deploy ground forces I could be a big help.”

—————————

Hailey yawned. “Yeah sure, 200,000 sounds good to us,” she replied to the freakish-looking mercenary. Chong was loaded, so presumably he could afford to spend that much. “Chong authorized me to speak on his behalf. We’ll be eager to hear if you’re successful or not, Captain Named. Chong thinks very highly of you and his praise could do wonders for your reputation...so I suggest you don’t disappoint him.”
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 06:35:14 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My reputation, Missy, is already well established here in polaris. i'm one of the worst cutthroats in robot piratedom, you get on me bad side, and you're stew for me first mate Rusty Pete. romulus Slagg's the name. consider these foes of yours thrown in the locker, har har' Slagg said.
-
 Mona and Flash entered Wilde;'s bar and took seats at the counter ' Two diet cokes pleae" mona said, waving some oh her allowance at the fox. "  Whatever your largest size is, please' She added. " fries, too" Flash piped up.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Our largest size is jumbo size fries," Nick told the young wolves, "And Large for the drinks. Don't worry, you'll be able to pay for them easily." The Zootopian fox quickly had the order taken back to the kitchen for the fries to be made while a bunny served the soda.

"Right behind you," Kiara said, following Sima. "Hungry eh?" She smirked, knowing how often Mawashiians got hungry.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Great. Cut the signal," Hailey told the mail room supervisor.

She walked back to Chong. "He wants 200000 bolts."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 200000? Very well, He'l get it, so long as he shows me proof that hes captured the targets, I'll wire him the  money ' chong said.  Here ' He tossed a large bag filled with gold in front of Hailey. " do as you like with it. Gorge yourself silly at the eating places aboard this ship.  I'll be making an appearance at Dreadzone shortly to plug my newest spot- CHong's  Chaos and Carnage! Its an event where all the weapons are maxed out in power , basically guaranteeing 1 hit kills!" chong showed his teeth in a malevolent grin.  'its all about the ratings Hailey. Higher the ratings, the more money coming our way. Soon, I'll be able to buy a ship that puts the phoenix to shame!. Then I can ditch this ship into the nearest asteroid belt."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mr. Bigmouth sent a general message for the broadcast group to report to Stripetail's meeting room. While he waited for them to arrive, the  [Saurolophus/i] spoke up. "I will be taking some volunteers to help tap into that relay I found. It should only take a few hours."

-----------------------------------

(Dreadzone)

"Oh ho! Would you look at that! Who knew a simple excavation tool could be used in such a manner!"

Alex ran out of the ruins of his hut, his minishark blazing away and filling the air with bullets. Rufus's wings were pierced slightly but his only reply was to throw some sticky dynamite that blasted a crater in the grass. Amara took several direct hits to the chest but she managed to land and duck behind a rock outcropping as she gulped down a health potion.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Just report back to me when you've pinpointed Dreadzone ' Stripetail said. " I'll send you there as soon as You do."

Dixier was going through the calls on her phone ' and an image of a lovely great Dane appeared on her phone ' MIssy! Dixie beamed ' DIXIE! Just calling to say I'm headed up to your place for a break. I've been meaning to go up there, but repairs and maintenance to our showboats take priority. Hows Scooby doing? ' Hes great. We're currently on  a job for Stripetail, its kinda hard to explain. " Well You've told me a few things about that old wizard, not the kind of guy you want to tick off. BY the way, that wedding of yours was absolutely lovely.  same for the reception. You must have had 1000 guests there!"Missy said. " at least that yeah. Did you meet some of my teammates? " Yes,  lets see, there was those wolves, Tiger and tigeress, their daughter is a very sweet little girl.  There were the Dragons Spyro and Cynder, and those creatures- Digimon?_ " Agumon and agumina" Dixie chime in. " Yeah, that sounds right  They were nice. Agumina asked me where she could get a dress like mine. " Yes you were wearing that lovely berry blue dress.  From Smithsons?" ' you got it. Said hello to Pa and Ma doo of course, as well as pretty much everyone I could introduce myself too.  Showboat season starts  in a couple months, think you're up for a tour of the Ohio?. Chris and i have gigs booked in Cincinnati, Memphis and St Louis." Those sound lovely. Scooby will love the grub and it will be a nice break  from the jobs Stripetail sends us on. " Might have a few of my girls stop by. Kitty, and Tigeress have inquired about the showboat. " OF course, any friend of yours is a friend of mine. Creola, Cruny and Marybelle also send their regards. They just stopped in, for a break from restoring Marybelle's house. Its coming along nicely, Marybelle's waiting to talk to you, but you've got several ' waiting calls." ' Sure I'll put her on next. Oh, and I'm thinking about bringing you along on my next adventure, IF you're up for it" girl, sign me up! Missy smirked." anyone else you want to bring along?" Probably, Mukua, Janus, Argo and Chie. " and I'll bring the spirits too" "Missy said. Dixie's wrist glowed " Boss is calling , Missy, I gotta run" Of course. I'll call you later when you are free. Love you, girl." " Love you too Missy. say Hi to your mom for me." will do." Missy said and broke the connection. Missy's image was replaced by Marybelles, the great Dane smiled broadly as she looked at Dixie . ' Hello Dixie, sorry  IF I'm calling at a bad time. jUst wanted to update you on how my home is coming along. creola, Cruny and I Are  staying on  Miss Scarletts boat for the time being. Time, of course being a relative matter as you know. " Dixie smirked ' OF course, how close are you to getting it finished?. " well the House itself is probably 80% finished, its the interior thats  requires the most work. We want it close to what it looked like in my time, with allowances made for the present ' Such as solar panels on the roof?" ' exactly.' Marybelle nodded.' Saves on heating bills, especially in the winter.  Creola and Cruny send their regards. Creola is currently moving some of her stuff from Nashville into her house next door, which we are also restoring. Cruny is currently serving as the  forts ' Re-enactment Supervisor.  ITs a good paying job. ' Thats wonderful Marybelle. MY boss is calling me though so I'll have to call you back " OF course, see you later' Marybelle broke off contact  and  the phone went dark.
- Agumina and Gabuna paused theior game and handed the controllers back to the boys. Start a new game, we'll dfinish ours when we get back ' Gabuna said. "   I'm close to winning, I just need to knock off 600 points from Agumina." and Gabuna still has bnearly 5000 thanks to that restore health thing she just got." Agumina said with a sigh ' Wish us luck guys. We're gonna need it " She said hugging agumon. Gabuna nuzzled Gabumon, making her partner blush. ' Good luck girls. Stick close to Tigeress and Dixie. ' Gabumon said, trying to regain his composure.
 Stitch walked into the meeting, the first of the group to arrive ' he eagerly climbed into a seat and began rotating it around ' Mesa get to use my powers on this job!' Stitch said with a toothy grin.

TIgeress ring glowed and She stood up from the table where she and  Jing King had been eating lunch ' Well, Jing, I have to run, the wizard has a gig for me ' Before you go" Look at thee plaes for my date with Po' Jing said ' The mawashii  Gorging grill, the Winterville Pizza Palace and  the Great Noddle shop" Hmm. I'm thinking pizza would be a good ice breaker ' Tigeress said ' HmM. Good thinking. I'll give pizza a try. Any recommendations for attire to impress my boy?' Jing asked ' Hmm ' Something formal, but not too formal" Tigersss said. " after all this is your first date. something that puts both of you at ease. after all, its pizza , its not as if yiou're going Fine dining. That can come later. ' Well, Good luck on your job" Jing said ' I'll be sending you some more ideas' She added with a grin " thank you for taking the time to read my stuff. I really appreciate it." Certainly' Jing ' Tigeress smiled ' wE can have these lunches to help you during your courtship' Jing nodded ' Thats great!." she Said Squeezing tigress in a hug. " I'll see you later. I've gotta go wrote more about my boy" TIgeress nodded and headed to the conference room.
-
 Sima finished incanting prayers and got up from her seat ' Come on kiara, lets go get some food in us. I'm usually hungry, but i get tthe sense you need the food more than I do. " She grinned. ' Winterville cafe, has some nice burgers, that I think You'll like.
  Tiger and luca joined the  wolf ciubs at Nick's. " having fun Girls" Luca said as two menus were brought to them. ' yes Miss Luca ' Flash said as she munched on some fries.
-
 Warfang and Skylands flew towards the conference room after being summoned. they found stitch enjoying himself hopping from seat to seat." So we;re early " Skylands said with a grin.  Warfang took a seat near Stitch and Skylands sat next to her.
 Kovu relaxed in the recovery pol in his cell ' allowing his strength to recover after the grueling fight with Jumbo and he felt the cold water slosh over him, slowly removing the aches and pains from the fught.
-
 itsa flew towards ther convention room. dragon by her side. the pair had met while Utsa was taking in the sights, and observing the occupants of winterville (She had 5 pages fill of nortes already) and Dragon had offered to show her around, all the whiole talking about Far Far Away along with the golf game she had Played with Ember, Korin and Samia. Dragon had taken a liking to Utsa and vice versa, utsa had already agreed to go flying with her on Hoolefar once they got there, or, whenever she was able to get to Hoolefar.' they entered the conference room, and took searts across from Stitch, Cynder and Skylands.
-
 Oliver and Ollie wre now racing on a city wide course, which covered the length of the city.

Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Here I come!" Oliver declared as he managed to take the lead over Ollie. He was making careful maneuvers all over the course. It was all for fun, though the candy prize would be nice. The young cat kept his eyes on the road.

Jing sat down in a new location with her notepad. She was thinking of all of Po's notable points that she could bring up. "His noble spirit.....his determination.......his squishy belly, oh, there's so many good things to say about my beloved Po," she grinned, adding each mark.

"Sure thing," Kiara nodded to Sima, "And I trust they'll be able to make huge portion sizes for you, Sima." The royal lioness smiled warmly.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ollie drew level with  Oliver as they reached the middle of town, then pulled ahead as they entered the park. Ollie had a grin on his face as he  startd to pul away.
- Ember entered the convention room, followed by Gabuna and Tigeress, who all took seats near the head of the Table, Where Utsa was seated and going through her notes.
-
 The Next caller on Dixies phone was  Atrua, the pantheress waved at Dixie " Hi Dixie!, Just heading into Toon town on the ' oNca is Awesome! Tour! Its a little play the prizes put together after the games. it involves dancing, flutes, and Elephants playing the drums.You should come see it!" wEll, I would , But I'm currently on a job from Stripetail.' Dixie began. " YEah you mentioned he keeps sending you on dangerous missions. LIke the spies in the movies?" something like that" Dixie said ' Well you know that Onca considers you one of his favorites, even though you were only a Prize for a few weeks. I'm a bit jealous of that, I must admit. But I cant really be too harsh on you, given all the stuff we've done together. i remember the race between us and mukua on elephant back, remembver that?' Of course, i do,  mostly for the fact my elephant kept farting during the race."  Smelly Sika" Atrua laughed.
-
 Kitty was in the winterville mall, looking for an outfit for tiger who was out on patrol in the West side of the City.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Dreadzone)

Alex was finally killed (though not permanently. Thanks to the inherent magic of Terraria and some of the magic from the planet, they'd resurrect back in their cells) thanks to a combined assault from Rufus and Gracie. The small bunker he was hiding in was reduced to a smoldering crater thanks to the liberal use of sticky bombs and sticky dynamite from Gracie. And Alex himself fell to a barrage of homing shurikens made from shadow.

Of course, once Alex's body and items were teleported away, the two immediately went after each other.

A fireball missed them as Stacy ordered her imps to attack the duo. Amaria then joined in the fight with her razorblade typhoon -- a spell that shot out two rebounding disks of water that ripped apart anything in their path.

-------------------------

(Spire of Winter)

Mr. Bigmouth and a few Spirarian troops boarded a shuttle and headed out to the relay that they would hack into and use to find the location of the Dreadzone.

------------------

Captain Carson looked at her console. They were in orbit around Merdegraw. She then broadcast a shipwide announcement. "Attention everyone, we have arrived at Merdegraw." She then switched channels to the official spaceport channel. "This is Captain Sharon Carson of RIMCS Spire of Winter, I request permission to land."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 " This is Dockport 10. We read you Captain. You are cleared to land . Welcome to Hoolefar" Came the reply. A hiolovideo appeared in the middle of town showcasing a large hoolefoid  dressed in a golden sash . ' Greetings Spire of Winter! Welcome to Merdegrew! I am Mayor Worley, mayor of Hoolefar, home to the planets best- and well, only- Tourist Hotspot! we have a fine mini golf course, miles of sandy beaches and the hoolefar Island diner, with all sorts of comfort food from across the Polaris Galaxy! If you like magic the Hoolefar magic Emporium has all the spells wands and curses you need! Plus this month we're having a buy 10 healing potions, get 10 free sale! SO please stock up . the Worley Inn, has 8 floors with prime ocean viewing, and each room, costs just 10 bolts! So  enjoy your stay here on merdegraw and enjoy all the sights Hoolefar has to offer! Worley, ouT!' the holovid vanished, as the  island of hoolefar was soon visible below. it was a largest island on the planet, by a good margin, but it was dwarfed by a enormous seas that surrounded it. Merdegraw was nearly entirely water, and there were several enormous hurricanes spiraing around the seas, although fortunately none were anywhere near Hoolefar.
-
 Utsa drew a gavel made of solid gold out of her uniform ' and banged it on the table " Alright, Alright. i'm calling the meeting to order! While we still have a few stragglers at the mooment, we'll fill them in, as they arrive. For now, though I'll begin by saying that  we are being fiorced to move up our timeline, as Chiong  has pushed up his time line for your friends to fight. These fights are kill or be killed, theres no mercy rule, judging from the broadcasts I've watched. We will need to get that fight postponed, at least for a couple weeks. Normally, that only happens if new ' contestants' are brought in. we'll have to dredge up some "contestants" for that." " so basically , we'd need to find a group of fighters wiling to die in battle. " Gabuna said. " Or Convicted criminals ' agumina said. " " Chongs already plucked several prisoners out of Zordoom, and picked a number of condemned prisoners, so we'd have to find a third route.." Utsa said. "
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If  fighting is necessary , Mercy, of course your talents will be needed in that area. But for  now,  I think a couple days to rest and renew in Winterville will do you a world of good. After all, you've had a very traumatic ordeal.  medic, if fighting is unavoidable I will need your services as well.  Ideally, we dont want a pitched gunfight that blows up the arena, there are many prisoners being held captive there, its Vox's standard procedure. IF push comes to shove we could send you and mercy  into the station, posing as doctors, But i'm not sure how well that would fly. " stripetail said. "If you got caught you'd be thrown into the arena yourselves, and i dont want that.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"We're behind ye all the way," Cedric nodded to Stripetail. "If we need ter go undercover, Ah reckon we could probably hold our own," he grinned.

Mercy sighed and laid back. "What have I gotten myself into?" she murmured.