The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Aves's Vacation

Nick22 · 406 · 23239

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Where might your ship be, Captian?" Eddie asked, glancing up and down the beach.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sho the orca glanced out to sea away from the beach, "Maybe it is off the beach a ways, out to sea."  He said thinking that a small boat had been used to get to the beach.

"or it may have some sort of cloaking device." Dan said,

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My ship is too big to be hidden by a cloak' Jack said, not truly understanding what Dan meant.  As for whee it is. It's docked in a cove just out there" He pointed down the beach, where the shore reteated inland. "It's called the Black Pearl,its been crewed by the dead, and the living.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"The dead? I guess they do not need much food or water then.  " Sho the orca said, he thought for a moment then continued, "Are they mainly whole, or are they decaying and missing parts, since that could make the living folks near them sick." smells didn't bother him to much since being an orca he didn't have much of a sense of smell, or at least not as good as even humans'.

"What is the method of their animation?" Tah' asked through Dan curious.  He assumed some sort of tech, he had heard some ancient devices could do such thing, though there were many rumors of what the ancients and their devices could and could not do.  

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They were cursed.. they were not really dead, nor really alive. comsdemned to a sort of limbo' jack said. "I was their captain, but my first mate led a mutiny against me.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Cursed? That is dire indeed, any way to help uncurse them?  That first mate fellow sounds like a rather unpleasant fellow." Sho the orca said.  

Dan was thinking about what was said, thinking to himself and Tah', I wonder if we are in another universe where magic does work, or it is one of those ascended ones, or partially ascended who did that.  Heard some of them are not very pleasant.

Tah said in replay to him, It is possible, either of your ideas, or it may be both.  Though if the others did not interfere it may indicate that either it was an ori type who did it, or perhaps indeed what some may call magic.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Eddie listened silently while the others questioned their new captian. He wondered for a moment if he should bring up the question of what the crew's share of potential profits might be. Neither he, nor the symbiote were very interested in money though.

They only cared about getting off the island and then proceeding to some sort of adventure.

"What sort of share of the treasures might we expect?" Eddie asked, since no one else had yet. He wasn't interested in the money, but Sparrow's answer could well reveal some of the pirate's character.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Aves had grown a bit displeased with the overcrowding figures who were all blocking his sun. so He snuck away and towards another palm tree. there he had a great view of the ocean that glitered like a sea of diamonds beneath the mid day sun. He sighed happily and slumped back down against he palm.

Paws was still with the group half listening to the chater of the so called pirate's treasure and half sneasking a glance at the retreating fennec fox

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Fulll and equal share, my good man" Jack replied. "If we are lucky. We'll be taking enough booty so that each man and lady will be wealthy beyond their wildest dreams. treasure to make kings look like paupers." His eyes were gleasming with excitement, and the call of the treasure hunt. "aS for my first crew. The curse was lifted some time ago, thanks to a lad named Turner, Will Turner. I dealt with my first mate, that traitorous swine barboosa" He spat at the name."There are things such as curses and magic, my friends, but whether or not they are helpful or harmful, depends on the person you are dealing with in such things. everything has a price, it depends on whether you are able or willing to pay said price" He gave the orca a odd glance, and went over to collect his things from his blanket.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Eddie was satisfied by Jack's reply. He seemed to be an honourable, even if he was an outlaw.

He frowned as the symbiote asked him a question.

It's true that not everyone here is exactly human, but I'd rather keep your existance a secret for as long as possible, Eddie thought back.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Coming Aves? We're going on an adventure! Grab your belongings and get ready" mause said to Aves, who was trying to enjoy the view from a nearby palm tree.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
"Adventuring?" muttered Aves feeling very reluctant to move from his lazy spot "What? do we look like we live in some silly cartoon movie about baby dinosaurs or something? My adventure is here!"

despite his reproach, he was soon forced to accept maters and even more reluctantly went back to their motel room to fetch his luggage while mumbling words unknown to the English or Latin language

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Come come aves' I'll make it.. worth your while if you come along quietly' Mause said very softly as she followed Aves around. put it this way.. would you rather be back at that resteraunt of yours right now, or here?' Here you don;t have to worry about greasy food, although you do have to worry about odd eye-liner wearing pirates who walk around like they're punch-drunk."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Or pirates who are vegetables.  Didn't see the movie but I did see the trailer." Dan said not sure what sort of movie it was, likely one aimed at kids written down at kids perhaps.  

likely very childish. Tah said to him mentally.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What the hecks a movie?' Jack wondered aloud. "Never heard of them. Being from the 18th century. Jack was from  a time long before movies..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"It's something like a painting that moves." Tah said through Dan.  Thinking that would be the easiest way to explain what a movie was to someone from before the movie era.  

I'm glad we don't have to try to explain a computer.  We'll have to remember to just use 18th century type of phrases.  Dan said to Tah'.  

I agree.  We will have to be more careful in the future.  Dan said.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I see' Jack said with a casual air. You'll have to show me one of those things lad. It mighght be an interesting experience. "

Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"It would be," Eddie said. He frowned, it had a while since he had seen a movie with spending most of his time hunting the Spider and the other half in jail.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Shall we get going?" Dan asked.   He wasn't sure if he had some videos on his sdhc card, but his pda would eventually run out of power.  Otherwise he would think about showing a movie on that.  

"Unless some are tired and want to set here for a while and rest." Sho said.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"It would be better for us if we leave soon," Eddie said. He glanced around the beach.