The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Discuss: The Mysterious Tooth Crisis

Noname · 96 · 21122

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Like Noname said, Topsy will always hold a grudge against Chomper because he is a sharptooth. Telling Chomper that he was going to turn to bones was probably his way of torturing him, especially since he is still very young and gullible. You could tell by Topsy's smirk right before he leaves that he most likely did not mean what he said, but he still chose to say it for his own amusement.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Indeed. Topsy doesn't like predators very much, but Tria accepted Chomper without question. Had she been there, she might have had some words for her mate...

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I find this episode is among the better episodes. The plot was real funny and there weren't many things bugging me (most of them have been pointed out already so I won't mention them again).

Inactive, probably forever.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
There is something rather disturbing.  Ok, considering if he gets his adult teeth, do you realize how big those are????????!!!     He's going to look weird with a foot long tooth when all the rest are normal!!!!  Perhaps Sharpteeth lose their teeth many times (like sharks) but Ruby doesn't suggest this.  

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I like in this episode how Topsy was scaring Chomper into thinking he was falling apart after he lost his tooth. I also like the subplot where Tria takes some of the gang with her to her mud pool. One part I found disturbing is where Chomper showed off the empty spot in his mouth where the tooth used to be. Other than that, good episode.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Topps's sense of humor was interesting.  But I'm sure most of us have had an uncle or grandfather with a similar sense of humor.   and I do agree, it makes the most sense that sharpteeth may loose and grow new teeth in a similar matter that sharks do.  Imagine if they could do this for humans.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Chomper comes unhinged, but if we are honest it is a fear many people have. In fact, dreaming that you lose all your teeth is quite common. So Chomper's freak out moment, especially because he's a Sharptooth is understandable, but I am still struggling with continuity errors. LBT V: The Mysterious Island Chomper is much older and here he seems of the age between LBT II and V, but Mr. Thicknose is from LBT 8 and so chronologically there are problems.

But regardless, having Chomper as focus is always a plus.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah the episode was eh I didn't care for it much. The plot was meh but still not the best episode I saw

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 26 2017 on  08:45 AM
Yeah the episode was eh I didn't care for it much. The plot was meh but still not the best episode I saw
Have you seen the one with Redclaw the Sharptooth? I want to see it.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah I've seen that one it's not great but okay so if you want to see it you should

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 28 2017 on  09:01 AM
Yeah I've seen that one it's not great but okay so if you want to see it you should
Does Redclaw and other Sharpteeth show up in series much?

Back to Chomper, I imagine every Dentist loves this episode (if they know about it), put the fear of losing teeth in kids :lol

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I think so not sure check out the series and find out

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
This one wasn't bad. The whole thing was a little cringey, but I can't blame Chomper. He had no idea, he was just so worried.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The main plot here wasn't that strong but it was pretty pleasant to sit through due to Chomper's antics. The songs were decent and the handling of Chomper's struggles was okay. However, the Tria storyline (darn, I hate her x(cera ) was a huge minus on this episode as it held entertainment value at all.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I wasn't crazy about the pilot episode, "The Cave of Many Voices", but this one I enjoyed quite a bit more. It's pretty ridiculous that something as mundane as Chomper's tooth falling out ends up leading the Gang on such a dangerous adventure, but something about that premise actually works really well. There is something darkly comical about the fact that the whole tooth thing almost gets the characters killed twice. :p

I did notice there was this stock scare chord sound effect that they used three times in the episode (at 13:12, 14:04, and 17:00) which I got a kick out of. :p

As for the songs, "I Feel So Happy" was pretty corny, but I did like "Fix Your Tooth". :yes

Quote from: Noname,Mar 8 2007 on  03:49 PM
Chomper being unusually frightned about losing his body parts (especially his tail for some reason)
It is said that, if a T-Rex didn't have that tail of their's, they would lose their balance and be unable to do certain tasks that require the legs.  In a strange way, I think Chomper knows this about his species, and understands how important his tail is.
Huh. I didn't think of that before, but that's a great observation. :)

Both Cera and Ruby, sounded almost stoned... "man this stuff is good' stoned.
Another great observation. :p

They could have had a maybe funny scene if Tria had found out what Topsy said to Chomper.  Maybe that happened a bit after the episode ended.
Ah, yeah, I agree. That was a missed opportunity.
:PAli

Topps's sense of humor was interesting.  But I'm sure most of us have had an uncle or grandfather with a similar sense of humor.
Indeed. I have an obnoxious uncle with a very similar sense of humor. :rolleyes

Hammy

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Echoing the sentiment that the episode would have benefited from a bit where Chomper explains Topps' cruel little prank and Tria says something along the lines of,  "I'm sure he was joking, but I will be having a word with him later."

She leaves him alone for two minutes and he's already off scaring kids off different species just because he can. What a guy.

Also, I find it very hard to believe that none of the leafeaters who have teeth ever lose them. When you're grinding down plant matter your whole life, that can be really, really hard on those teeth. Most mammals don't lose their teeth more than once, but toothed reptiles like crocodilians can fairly easy replace lost teeth. Now, crocodiles are predators, but they're also the closest relatives to our leaf-eating dinos, and having replaceable teeth strikes me as something that would be nothing but beneficial for herbivorous dinosaurs, just as they're beneficial in predatory ones.

Maybe everyone in the Great Valley was just in on the joke to make Chomper freak out for the day only to let him relax in the mud. Buncha jerks.