The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Management Changes and Contact 11/21/2006

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
The fifth and likely last admin we will need here at the GOF has been appointed.  Tim, I have no idea what theme music you want playing as you walk down the aisle to accept a new member group picture badge and an orange marker so you can go over all those neon-green name tags of yours.  :P:

So as of today (21 November 2006) the GOF has five admins:

Petrie/Adam
Malte279
Nick22
Littlefoot1616
action9000

We are also moderators so the likelihood that we'll need any additional staff is very unlikely since any one of us could take care of the mod abilities and board changes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's one order of business down.  The second order of business that is to take effect starting now revolves around how issues, problems, and suggestions will be dealt with at the Gang of Five.

If you go to the main page you will notice that each section has a piece that says "Forum Led By:" with the name of one of us admins next to it.  If there are ever any problems or concerns that occur within that section, PM or email the appropriate forum leader.  (Just as an example, if you had a question about something posted in the Welcome Center you'd contact Nick about it and he'd deal with the issue.)

The only time you would not contact the forum leader is if something very serious was occuring or needed to be addressed ASAP and another admin was online--then you should contact the admin who is online to deal with the problem right away.  (Issues might include spammers, trolls, etc.)

The reason for these changes were to spread out responsibility across the entire board.  I also see it as a way of strengthening our community here and it allows people to talk with other admins besides myself when they have something to ask.  I appreciate that members do come to me with concerns and suggestions, but I can't be around all the time, and there are other admins here who can deal with the concern just as efficiently as me.  I can trust them; so can you.

Over and out for tonight.
~Adam

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The fifth and likely last admin we will need here at the GOF has been appointed. Tim, I have no idea what theme music you want playing as you walk down the aisle to accept a new member group picture badge and an orange marker so you can go over all those neon-green name tags of yours.
*Fire streams down from the sky as an evil laugh echoes over the Gang of Five*
At last, I shall have my Vengeance! :D
First order of business: Every member shall get down on their knees and beg for mercy, at least 3...no 4 times per day!  Oh, and bring me coffee and coke on my command. :yes

:lol ...Well, maybe not (Adam insisted that I do my worst, so blame him for the elaborate entrance! :P: )

*Plays the Hercules theme, "I can Go the Distance"*
It is indeed a pleasure to be among the admins of the Gang of Five.  As a board evolves to the level that the GoF has, being able to trust and have real, relaxed conversations with staff members becomes more and more important, especially if and when issues occur.  I wish to proudly continue this 'tradition' on the boards, and I hope to get to know each of you better as time goes on. B) I'm on MSN messenger quite often.

Anywho, enough with the sentiments.  Let's party! :wow
The Little Mermaid's rendition of "Hot Hot Hot" begins to play and high-energy dancing begins!

See you all on the forum! B)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
At last, I shall have my Vengeance! 
Err... Come again? This sounds more like the Darth Vader Theme to me :lol
Congratulations Tim! You really deserve this promotion!  :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Aww yes! Sweet! Major congrats Action! Somehow I had an inkling that you'd get it!  :^.^: Loved the over-elaborate entrance! But you can get your own coke! PMSL :p

Congrats again mate! Welcome to the admins! You'll do a fine job! ;)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome to the club! as for bowing and getting you coffee< No way! That should be YOUR job, running errands for the more senior admins. :lol:
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I thought I was the only caffiene addict here.  :rolleyes:  I'm the only one who absolutely needs that coffee in the morning.  :P: