The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time Sequels Music Collection

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Music from The Land Before Time!

:DD Your wait is over, my friend. Behold! All the music you have ever wanted to hear from The Land Before Time sequels as well as homemade music from the original The Land Before Time movie! You’ll also find MIDIs, sheet music, karaokes, remixes, and other fun stuff. Just click here for the top-level link, or here for a sub-level link.and you’ll find everything you need! (links updated 2/14/22)

:wow Also featuring; for the first time ever; previously unreleased scores from the sequels by composer Michael Tavera himself!

What may not be readily apparent at first (since Google Drive only shows titles) are the file attributes for scores and songs alike. The MP3s have filename, title, comments, contributing artists, album, year, track number, genre, part of set, and part of compilation; so they're definitely ready for plug and play into your music library!

:oops I would also like to thank action9000 for his outstanding and numerous contributions to the homemade folders, and to Malte279 for additional homemade contributions and for supporting me throughout this project.

:smile I hope you all enjoy these fruits of labor as much as I have had in working with themófruits I will relish for a lifetime. This really is the definitive collection, and I’m happy I was able to pull off such a big project. Now enjoy, and let your heart guide you to the music!

Changelog:
If a file is updated it will be mentioned here with an image in the Updated Files folder. You can either update the files individually from the Updated Files folder, or get the new copies from their original locations in the LBT folder.

5/13/15 - See the Updated Folder. I hadn't known this before because I hadn't actually added the songs to my media player yet (all done in Windows Explorer). 25 files have been updated because of errors in Contributing Artist commas, Year, and/or Comments. Sorry!  :oops
6/27/15 - "If We Hold on Together (Children)" in the Miscellaneous folder was replaced with a better version provided by Petrie, now called "If We Hold on Together (McAfee, Curzon)".
4/06/16 - Transferred Dropbox files to Google Drive and updated Photobucket links.
10/06/17 - LBT 14's score is now available! Thanks goes to Sovereign for contacting Michael Tavera this time. Also, minor cleanup. Thirdly, track "v2" had a missing piece at the end so I had to cut it best I could.
12/01/20 - Just a short addendum: LBT 14 songs are currently unavailable at this time.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 07:04:30 PM by Ludichris1 »

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Wow, this is real neat! I just got to listening to the other language If We Hold On Togethers which I never heard before. Dutch was my favorite of the non-English ones, but I still like Anndi's and Aria's version best. Great work!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Beautiful!

Excellent compilation! Thank you for putting this together! :)  :yes  :yes

I feel like this perhaps belongs in the LBT Project subforum but I'll leave that call to the admins.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: Ludichris1,May 11 2015 on  07:21 AM
Glad to do it ^-^
Question. Are these songs from the movies or soundtracks?
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
:wow  :wow  :wow  :wow  :wow  :wow  :wow  :wow  :wow  :wow

I'm impressed, Ludicris! Great Project! This calls for reviving giving project awards to folks like you  :exactly
Inactive, probably forever.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
OMG YES IT DOES HAVE THE SCORE IM GONNA GO INSANE
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Glad you like it, Hypnobrai  :lol:
Aww, thanks, Ducky  :oops yeah took me quite a while to do that's for sure!

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
anyone having trouble with the score? When the zip opens, it says: Bad Zip Header Found.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Hmm strange. I used both my WinRAR and 7-Zip and there's no problem. 7-Zip is free to download online, by the way. I can't test the original extractor that comes with Windows though. Try 7-Zip :)

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's fine now, just tried downloading and extracting the whole score. That's what was not working. Downloading the score for each individual movie works though, so thanks for this! :D

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Hmm also strange because like I said with either of those two programs I was able to extract all the score folders within Scores at once xD oh well

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Hey, thanks a lot for this! I downloaded the whole score and selected a few of the more relaxing scores to add to my relaxation playlist during the exam period. I'll still be enjoying this for a long time to come. Again, thanks!  :DD

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Bump!

Happened to walk around and discover that you got this set up!  I must say this is a massive undertaking and you've done a great job.

Now a question/thought or two regarding your source files:

1.) The score tracks sound like they are studio masters.  I have a pro studio headset and these sound 100% like isolated score.  How did you get this?  Did Michael Tavera make files for you to share?

2.) The songs....well, I think they came from the DVD, given all the sound effects.  Correct?

3.) The one version of "If We Hold On Together" sung by 'children' as you have it labeled (even though we know its Aria Curzon and Anndi McAfee), is actually a very bad copy.  I don't know where you obtained this one, but I have a better copy.  I'm not sure how to share it with the rest of the group if it is indeed ok to be sharing these song files like this.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Just downloaded my first lbt piece of music...movie 11's opening music. Listening to it as I type---so gorgeous!  :smile