The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The False Facts Game

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Oh, no, they didn't teach us to write on a computer first. When I said "printing," I was referring to a style of writing by hand where the letters are not joined. Like so:

Spoiler: ShowHide

As opposed to handwriting where the letters are joined, which looks like this:

Hopefully that makes more sense. :)

Hmm. Well I was going to guess #4 next, but Impractical already got it, and I know #3 is true because Owls and I have talked about languages before, so I'll pick #2.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Oh, no, they didn't teach us to write on a computer first. When I said "printing," I was referring to a style of writing by hand where the letters are not joined.
So, non-cursive writing then? I wish I could be non-cursive at times.

1) I have nearly drowned in three separate incidents in the past. Ducky, I am not... nope, nope, nope: Yep, yep, yep! I got incredibly lucky as there were three times where I would have drowned without outside assistance. Twice in the deep pool (1.2m depth pool when I was really young, and the standard deep pool in a separate incident when I was older), and once I ventured off coast too far and the tide almost took me out to sea. And this is why I can't swim to this date! I don't wish to tempt fate a fourth time... 4 is unlucky, after all.
2) I have previously been an emcee for a large event held at an auditorium, with over 1000 people hearing my lovely (panicky) voice over the speaker system: This was almost true. I did play the part of emcee, but only for the rehearsals: professional emcees took over the role on the actual day itself. What's funny about this is that it was a two-day event, so for the second day I actually was the emcee... but the attendance rate dropped to about ~100 only as it wasn't as large-scale. Oh, and my voice wasn't panicky. :)petrie
3) I can read and speak two different languages: Yep, English and Chinese. How fluent I am with the latter is up for debate, though. I'm definitely rusty in it.
4) I have seen someone suffer from cardiac arrest right in front of me: I wish this was false. While working as a cashier, an elderly man collapsed in front of my counter, and let me tell you, nothing prepares you for the real thing. My CPR accreditation expired so I didn't dare try resuscitation, and then a passerby screamed at me to call the ambulance, only for me to hang up because my superior already called ES... and then ES called my mobile back because you don't hang up on an emergency hotline. They eventually came and took him away. Nerve-wracking 15 mins. Yeah, I was not proud of my performance that day.
5) I have thrown a live grenade before: As unbelievable as this sounds, this is true! It was part of my basic military training when I was conscripted.

So looks like it's back to you, Stardust. :duckyhappy
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, no, they didn't teach us to write on a computer first. When I said "printing," I was referring to a style of writing by hand where the letters are not joined.
So, non-cursive writing then? I wish I could be non-cursive at times.
Yeah, that's the term I was looking for. In hindsight, I probably could've worded that fact a little better.

I actually knew you'd been in the military, and yet I still think I might've guessed #5 to be false. Interesting. Well thanks for sharing these with us.

I had the previous round, so I'll let Impractical go next if he wants. (Edit: Or do we want to go by the original rules where whoever guesses the false fact right goes next?)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 11:59:00 AM by StardustSoldier »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Oh, no, they didn't teach us to write on a computer first. When I said "printing," I was referring to a style of writing by hand where the letters are not joined. Like so:

As opposed to handwriting where the letters are joined, which looks like this:

Hopefully that makes more sense. :)

Ooh, I get it now. I had a slight suspicion that you meant something else the first time around, but I didn’t really have a clue what else it could be, so I went with what I thought.

So, handwriting as in cursive writing? So basically, I never learned to handwrite apparently. :lol
I mean, in third grade we kinda learned as well, just that I thought it wasn’t worth learning.

I’ll list my five facts next time when I’m ready. :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@ImpracticalDino: Have you come up with five more facts? Or do you want me to do the next round?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh lord, I really forgot about this thread, did I? Yes, you can go ahead.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
lol, seems like I forgot about it as well. :P

I'll try and come up with something soon.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oof! Time to revive this thread, shall we? :ozzysmug

1) I failed 10th grade English.
2) "You'll Play Your Part" is my favorite MLP: FiM song.
3) My favorite mobile game is Bloons TD 6.
4) I had 3 siblings in total.
5) I adore predator/prey friendship stories.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ah, yes, we haven't played this in a while, but I always had a lot of fun with it. I'm glad you revived it. :)

That said, I know you well enough that I know at least a couple of these for certain. Do you want me to let someone else have a go at it first?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes, that'll be great. Thanks for giving others a chance at guessing, and for not making this too easy, haha. ;)Cera :Mo

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, will do. In the meantime, I'll brainstorm some new items for when it's eventually my turn. ;)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
3) My favorite mobile game is Bloons TD 6. ?
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

...How!? :opetrie
You are correct first try.

1) I failed 10th grade English: Procrastination and not really bothering to do the work the latter part of the year, especially at the start of the pandemic. And plus I just don't like English in general as a subject. :P
I was also only 2 points away from passing, so rip me.
2) "You'll Play Your Part" is my favorite MLP: FiM song: Hands down the best MLP song in the show. And the harmonies of the princesses closer to the end is so melodious. <3
3) My favorite mobile game is Bloons TD 6: My favorite mobile game is Bloons TD Battles actually. But dang, nice guess.
4) I had 3 siblings in total: 2 older brothers and 1 older sister, whom unfortunately perished in August last year. She was 26 years old at the time of death.
5) I adore predator/prey friendship stories: Yep, yep, yep! You just can't help but feel all warm and fuzzy inside to witness species that usually don't get along as the bestest of friends! It's just so adorable and awesome.

So, who's next? :P

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Sorry to hear about your sister...

I skip my turn.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^I know. I couldn't believe it when I first found out. It's been many months now and I still haven't gotten over it, really. Sending you as much love and compassion as I can, Impractical. *e-hug*

...How!? :opetrie
You are correct first try.

1) I failed 10th grade English: Procrastination and not really bothering to do the work the latter part of the year, especially at the start of the pandemic. And plus I just don't like English in general as a subject. :P
I was also only 2 points away from passing, so rip me.
2) "You'll Play Your Part" is my favorite MLP: FiM song: Hands down the best MLP song in the show. And the harmonies of the princesses closer to the end is so melodious. <3
3) My favorite mobile game is Bloons TD 6: My favorite mobile game is Bloons TD Battles actually. But dang, nice guess.
4) I had 3 siblings in total: 2 older brothers and 1 older sister, whom unfortunately perished in August last year. She was 26 years old at the time of death.
5) I adore predator/prey friendship stories: Yep, yep, yep! You just can't help but feel all warm and fuzzy inside to witness species that usually don't get along as the bestest of friends! It's just so adorable and awesome.

Haha, ironically considering that I already knew a couple of these (#4 & #5), if I'd guessed first I would've gotten it wrong, whereas Sneak gets it on his first try. :D I was going to guess #1 was false; I knew you weren't a big fan of English, but I had no idea that you actually failed the course. Wait, so you were still able to enter into Grade 11 this year? Will you have to retake Grade 10 English at some point?

Also, I totally thought #3 was one of the true ones, since I remember playing Bloons with you earlier this year, but I guess I was getting the titles of the different Bloons games mixed up.
:ChomperOhhh

Anyway, I shall go next:

1) I have considered giving up fiction writing altogether on multiple occasions this year.
2) Despite being an avid cat lover, I am averse to the idea of having a pet cat of my own.
3) I used to live with a child molester.
4) As of about a couple months ago, I've grown tired of my username and wished I could change it.
5) Foobie nearly made it onto my list of top 10 favourite LBT characters.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Feels tough, but I've already eliminated 3 from the list which I'm certain is true.

#3?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
#4 is definitely false then, calling it. :cerasmug

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Correct.

1) I have considered giving up fiction writing altogether on multiple occasions this year: Each time I pulled myself out of it, and ultimately I'm still not ready to give up (yet). But yeah, this year has been rough on my creative energy levels for sure. You've seen me rant about this one before.
2) Despite being an avid cat lover, I am averse to the idea of having a pet cat of my own: After my last cat passed away, I've had several people ask me if I was going to get another one, but I'm just not feeling it any more. I loved Billy and I'm grateful I had him in my life for the time that I did, but losing him was rough and it soured me on the idea of being a pet owner again. Plus, even at the time, there were other things about having to care for him that were a burden to me. I miss Billy, but I don't miss being a cat owner, if that makes any sense.
3) I used to live with a child molester: I was (thankfully!) not one of his victims. It was back when I was around 19-20. After I moved out of my parents' house, but before I moved into the apartment that I currently live in, I lived in the basement suite of this schoolteacher's house for about a year and a half. And he was a totally nice guy too. It wasn't until a few years after I'd moved out of his place that my mother discovered a newspaper article about him, which revealed that he'd been exposed and subsequently sent to prison. To say that I was shocked upon learning this would be an understatement. The whole thing still feels surreal to this day. Definitely one of those truth is stranger than fiction things.
4) As of about a couple months ago, I've grown tired of my username and wished I could change it: Completely false. I've always been content with my current handle. :P While I have recently started going by "Ember" on Legion of Ducky, it was never meant to replace StardustSoldier or anything.
5) Foobie nearly made it onto my list of top 10 favourite LBT characters: An unpopular character choice for a lot of people, which is part of why I thought it might make an interesting item on my list. But I always found him kinda interesting, even despite my at-the-time lukewarm feelings about LBT 13 as a whole. But I ultimately decided I didn't like Foobie that much, at least not compared to the other characters that I did go with.

I figured you'd know that #1 was true, but how were you so certain about #2 and #5? I don't recall mentioning those to you before.
:olittlefoot

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I figured you'd know that #1 was true, but how were you so certain about #2 and #5? I don't recall mentioning those to you before.
:olittlefoot

Lol, simple inference and process of elimination! :cerahappy

But more specifically, I think you might've mentioned #2 to me at some point. My memory is very foggy on that but I am kinda certain you did.
:thinking

And for #5 I knew that you liked Foobie, but I also thought it might've been a stretch to say that it was a true fact...but then again the possibility was still there which is why I didn't think it was a false fact yet.

I don't have any facts right now at the moment, but hopefully I'll come back with some soon.