The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2432 · 147915

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,May 9 2014 on  04:41 PM
Recently, after many years of biting them off, I have finally grown a full set of fingernails.
Me, too!  I've finally managed to break my awful nail-biting habit :x.

I have driven the Route 66 :).

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I am completely unashamed to admit that I am very politically incorrect.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Standing under trees makes me very, very uncomfortable.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if I wrote that here already but...
... I have a strong passion for weather, climate and everything related to that. In particular, thunderstorms and all other phenomena accompanying these :smile
Inactive, probably forever.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I am a temperamental person. Not in the sense that I can't control my feelings, but in the sense that I have a thing for complex, irreducible order. I love things (objects, animals, plants) that are useful, but also have the urge to make them beautiful as well. I dislike music of the Classical period , but I like the Romantic and Modern styles. I have a preference for traditional Celtic, Germanic and Slavic art over ancient Greek or Near Eastern art. I view the world as an infinite string of connections between things that is in a process of endless arrangement, like an incredibly complex machine bulding itself.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
So far in my high school life, I have not been very active extra-curricular wise, or at least that's what I think of myself. During my first two years of high school, I have participated in band (in which I play percussion), the school's musicals, Select Choir (as a bass), and for a short time, a local percussion ensemble. More recently, I have been inducted into the school's chapter of the National Honor Society.

During my next two years, I plan on being far more extra-curricular involved. Beside some of the events mentioned above, I also am thinking about participating in the following:
  • A local jazz band
  • Quiz Bowl
  • 24/7 (religious club)
  • Shakespearian Club
  • Mock Trial
And although I have never really been into sports, I am considering...
  • Soccer (though active, I just might like it)
  • Bowling
  • Golf (call me a nerd if you want, but it seems relaxing enough)

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,May 9 2014 on  04:41 PM
Recently, after many years of biting them off, I have finally grown a full set of fingernails.
Unfortunately, I have since gone back to biting them.  <_<

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
When I was twelve years old, I bet with one of my classmates that I'd get a girlfriend prior to turning 18... Well, I lost that one :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I have been soap-free for almost half a year now. I haven't stop cleansing. I just don't use soap to do it anymore.
I was diagnosed with ADHD, bipolar disorder II, and ODD as a child. My ODD didn't grow with me, but my ADHD and bipolar disorder did.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I listen to a wide variety of music. There are so many artists and bands I like that it's hard to name them all; so I'd be here all day making a list of my favorite artists and bands.

Kids in elementary school used to think of me as stupid until I got to about grade 7. As I grew older, I realized that kids can be cruel and ignorant when it comes to learning disabilities. I didn't know that I had Asperger's Syndrome until I was about 11.

Thinking back to my childhood; I wish I could have stood up to those kids who called me stupid.

I'm really scared of wasps and kids used to tease me about it. Luckily for me; it didn't last too long.

I am an avid Land Before Time fan and have all the movies on DVD. I used to have them on VHS; but, I got rid of them.

:(  :bang  :bang  :x  :p

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I listen to a wide variety of music. There are so many artists and bands I like that it's hard to name them all; so I'd be here all day making a list of my favorite artists and bands.

Same here, although I probably mentioned quite a few of them on here already.

Kids in elementary school used to think of me as stupid until I got to about grade 7. As I grew older, I realized that kids can be cruel and ignorant when it comes to learning disabilities. I didn't know that I had Asperger's Syndrome until I was about 11.

Thinking back to my childhood; I wish I could have stood up to those kids who called me stupid.

Honestly, I was the opposite. Sure, I remember occasionally being picked on during elementary and middle school, but I was quite acclaimed by teachers and classmates for my skills and excellent memory. As for me, I did not know about autism (and for that matter didn't know I had it) until I was about 12.

I'm really scared of wasps and kids used to tease me about it. Luckily for me; it didn't last too long.

I was stung by a bee at the age of 7 at the elementary school playground during recess. Since then, I've been scared to death of them, though marching band has gotten me a tad adjusted to them...

Needless to say, I guess you and me are quite alike in a number of ways.  :yes

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Ok...now to let you know about me...

How about something none of you would of guessed?

I'm not actually 'native' Australian-may I tell you my story? Not sure if a full story would go here..but I'll tell you anyway.

I'm actually from Sweden. My mother was Australian though she moved to Sweden in her teenage years,my father lived in Sweden his whole life.

I was born in Sweden and lived there until I was 13,my mother wanted to return to Australia again as her parents moved back there,my father was also sick of Sweden so we packed our bags and headed down under.

At first I kinda hated Australia,much different from Sweden. And it was confusing with the timezones.

Day was now night and night was now day..sesh. Not to mention the seasons were in 'reserve order'.

Luckily for me I already knew English,such my mother still spoke it in our swedish home,plus I took an English class at school,so speaking the language was no problem for me,it was fitting in.

I got to have a month to settle in to my new country before I attended Australian school for the first time,again it was different.

The Australian schooling system is much different from any part of Europe or even America,all 'highschool' is one school.

There is 12 'years' + Kindergarden

K-Year 6 is called 'primary school' and year 7-year 12 is Australian highschool..took me a while to get used to that.

To help me get friends in Australia,I signed up for horse riding lessons,I always liked horses but since I lived in Stockholm,which is the largest city in Sweden,we had no where to keep horses.

Anyway,I started learning to ride but didn't really speak to anyone. Though one day at school I saw a girl walk past and I realized I saw her at the stables the previous weekend,I realized 'oh cool there is a horse rider here'  called out to her..she either didn't hear or decided to ignore me..that person turned out to be none other then GOF member Nahla..dang Nahla being a snob to me..kidding.

I got made fun a lot for a while...yeah sucked to be me..until I did end up making friends with the snob..err..sorry Nahla ( :D)

Nahla said,and I quote..ask her yourself she said this..even ask her.

"Don't worry,Sarah..we can be outcast losers together"

Perfect line to start a friendship is it not?

Anyway..I bet you're bored reading about me so....

And yes,my real name is Sarah..so you guys can call me that from now on..or just keep on calling me whatever you's been calling me.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Well, right now I've been appointed as my Air Cadet squadron's official photographer! I've been out getting some stuff for my camera so I can practice getting some really good shots. I've still gotta go out to places and practice taking some photos (Birmingham isn't really the most interesting of places to live in, I'm more of a countryside girl), but I'm hoping that we will get some news posted online soon, because our website's been abandoned for over 5 years now. :wow

It's just a case of getting everyone to participate. Last time I tried getting a photo of us all as a group, everybody ran off to home. :anger

And on top of that, I really want to be a Corporal right now because the cadets are completely disrespectful and out of control and our current NCOs either join in or aren't being listened to because they're quite, well, 'weak'. I'm getting sick of the bad attitude there. It's making me consider either moving or just cutting cadets altogether. :/

And right now I've just thought of some really tragic story ideas. I'm such a depressing person. :lol

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Ok, what can be said about Midnight?

I'm the kind of person who canNOT watch a soccer match in peace... I normally spend the whole match going nuts (not something that I'm particularly proud of :lol).

I waste so much energy that I usually take a nap after the matches :exactly

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I would like to be a voice actor someday.
I have also written numorus hip hop songs (which has NO CUSSING whatsoever)
I am a nice guy and a huge Everlast and Mc Serch fan
Life Is Good

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I've been fostering some kittens since the week before Christmas, revived at two weeks old. The boy was adopted by friends of my family, and I just have the two girls now. The girls who are a little needier than the boy, and one of them is a big groomer. I named them after the characters of Little Shop of Horrors. Seymour, Audrey, and Twoey.

Christmas time is a weird period for kittens to be born and they got separated from their mother. I just hope my family doesn't have another kitten storm by the time spring rolls around, and I REALLY hope to get this darn carpet out of my room around my birthday.

One thing I've learned about myself from raising kittens: I am NEVER EVER putting carpet floors in my own household. Maaaaybe a rug. But not over the whole floor. Tile and wood. It's a horror show enough to clean up kitten messes on carpet, it's gonna be worse with kids. Also, it increases my affirmation of eighteen years that I am not bottle feeding my kids. Again, hard enough with kittens, harder with kids. (And I don't mean the goat kind of kid =P ).

And finally, I'm on my last semester of community college and about to get my Associate of Arts! Might do a few more classes in graphic design while I get a job (maybe even get an Associates in Graphic Design), but my personal end goal is to move to Minneapolis, Minnesota. Been there twice and I love it. I want to get out of my parents' house and out of Texas before 2020. Even if it's 2019. That counts.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,May 22 2014 on  02:17 AM
I am completely unashamed to admit that I am very politically incorrect.
Me too.

Also, Cera and I share a certain fear, we both are uneasy around lightning.  (It came from having a paper route during too many severe thunderstorms and also watching storm stories and seeing people get hit and also a morbid fear that I won't die, but get nerve and mental damage and not be me anymore.)  Also, as I'm wearing glasses, I'm afraid I'm going to get struck in the face.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot fan 1990,Nov 21 2014 on  09:37 AM

I am an avid Land Before Time fan and have all the movies on DVD. I used to have them on VHS; but, I got rid of them.

:(  :bang  :bang  :x  :p
I didn't know till I was 12 I think.  Yes, I had my fair share of bullies too.  However, being pretty smart got me high grades and so I was admired.  When I went to college though and didn't appear so smart anymore, I kinda got down on myself.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Oct 19 2014 on  09:34 PM
I have been soap-free for almost half a year now. I haven't stop cleansing. I just don't use soap to do it anymore.
I was diagnosed with ADHD, bipolar disorder II, and ODD as a child. My ODD didn't grow with me, but my ADHD and bipolar disorder did.
I have ADHD too and probably OCD.  Don't have bipolar disorder.