The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time: Chomper's Choice

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Long Ago, on a Mysterious Island far far away, there lived three Sharpteeth. This family of Tyannosaur spent their time scavenging the sea side and thick forests for food. The youngest, named Chomper, was a byzantine colored creature with red eyes. Chomper had an unusual upbringing. He was raised from an egg to a hatchling by Leaf Eaters, a band of mixed species Herbivores by names of Little Foot, Cera, Petrie, Ducky, and Spike. Chomper had developed a bond with these Five, and when it came time to leave with his parents, the little Canrivour felt a pang of sorrow as He said farewell to his friends and foster parents. Years later, when Chompter had grown more, the Gang of Five arrived on his island, and the reunion was filled with joyous RAWR! But Chomper discovered something, his parents considered all Leaf Eaters lunch, and these Leaf Eaters were not only his friends, but former foster parents. Chomper had a choice, and he decided to hide his friends in a stinky place. Tensions grew as a mysterious Sharptooth with plates and incredible strength tried to harm Little Foot and his friends. Chomper's parents joined the pitched battle with this intruder, and in the ruckus, Chomper was saved by Gang of Five and Elise. In rare turn, Chomper's parents accepted the Gang of Five, and finally Chomper felt completed, he could love his parents and foster parents. He no longer had to choose.

Not long after The Gang of Five returned to their families, Chomper found himself faced with another contradiction. While hunting with his father, Chompter came across a pink Ovaraptor. Chompter's Father with saliva seeping down his teeth and intent on taking a bite out of the Oviraptor, instructed Chomper to attack.

Daddy Sharptooth: Now is time, strike Chomper!

Chomper looked at shaking Oviraptor, and heard her speak.

Ruby: Please.. don't eat me. Please.

Chomper looked up to his father.

Chomper: But dad, we can't eat her.

Daddy Sharptooth: You are Sharptooth! Of course you we can eat her!

Chomper: What about my friends? We didn't eat them.

Daddy Sharptooth: That was different. They saved you.

Chomper: I can't do this.

Daddy Sharptooth: No hear son, you are Sharptooth! You can't get squimish every time you have to hunt!

Chomper: I can't.. she is too much like my friends.

Daddy Sharptooth: If you make every Leaf Eater a friend, you will starve and find youself the prey of bigger Sharpteeth!

Chomper: What if I don't believe in hunting?!

Daddy Sharptooth: You cannot live off bugs your whole life! At time will come when you will grow and need meat to sustain you.

Chomper: Then I will make my choice when I am older.

Daddy Sharptooth: You will make your choice now!

Ruby during this conversation was slowly itching away, when Daddy Rex noticed and stomped on her, making her knock out.

Daddy Sharptooth: Playing with your food like this is a sure way to miss a meal! Now, I am going to find your mother and when I return I expect you to have finished the job!

As Chomper's Dad walked away in a huff, Chomper looked at the Orchid Oviraptor. He felt divided in his heart. On one hand he was the successor, the next in line to be sovereign over his island, but the lessons from the Leaf Eaters, his time with Little Foot and friends had left an impression he could not shake. Chomper looked at Ruby and then sniffed her, she smelled of roses and tulips. An instrinct to snarl and sneeze overchame the little Sharptooth, and with loud sneeze the Oviraptor awoke.

Ruby: Ahhhhhh! Please don't eat me.

Chomper: I am not eating you.. I am.. sneezing!

Ruby: You speak Leaf Eater?!

Chomper: Yes, I learned it from friends in the Great Valley.

Ruby: I overheard that. I speak Sharptooth, Leaf Eater, and Ovanese.

Chomper: If you hurry, you can run away and I will tell my dad you escaped.

Ruby: What will happen to you?

Chomper: Probably a lecture and some form of punishment.

Ruby: I can't be cause of that.

Chomper: You would rather be dinner?!

Ruby: No, but I noticed your heart isn't in this.

Chomper: It's hard, I was raised by Leaf Eaters and yet I am a Sharptooth. I am dino with no tribe, I am Herbivore and Carnivore.

Ruby: What do you Leaf Eater friends think?

Chomper: Well they love me, and are fine with my insect appetite.

Ruby: And your parents?

Chomper: Oh, they love me too. My dad is only doing what he thinks best. But he doesn't understand me, I can't eat Leaf Eaters, I know what they are saying, their pleas for mercy make my stomach knotted.

Ruby: Hmm.. sounds like you have a choice.

Chomper: A choice?

Ruby: You have to decide if you want to be what your Father says a Sharptooth should be, or to follow your own path.

Chomper: My own path?

Ruby: Yes.

Chomper: And what is that?

Ruby: I don't know. But I do know you will be able to control what you eat on it.

Chomper: But that means disobey my folks.

Ruby: It's not easy, but you have to decide what matters more, your parent's approval or your integrity.

Chomper: Integrity?

Ruby: Yes, that inner thing that tell you something is right or wrong, good or bad.

Chomper: Oh.

Ruby: But first we must fix your current problem. I don't want to be dinner, but I don't want you in trouble either.

Chomper: If only there was something else to eat.

Ruby: Has you parents ever had eggs?

Chomper: We aren't omnivores, my Dad says "meat, meat is the only thing fitting for Sharpteeth."

Ruby: Hmm.. well we will just have to come up with something.

Chomper: Better hurry.. I hear my Dad's foot steps in distance, and my mom's too.

END OF FIRST PART

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith