The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Top 5 favorite sequel songs?

Guest · 14 · 2273

Bruton the Iguanodon

I found this on this page...it was the 5 songs of the sequels that were mentioned on it:

Say what you will about the sequels, but they certainly had their musical moments. The odd one or two of the musical numbers fall into this (Best examples being "When You're Big", "Very Important Creature" and the magnum opus of LBT songs, "Bestest Friends", sung to Littlefoot by his friends as he faces the choice of staying with his grandparents and friends, or leaving with his long-lost father. Even better, an orchestral reprise of the song plays later in the film during a very heartwarming ending.
 ◦ Another song of note is "Things Change", as sung by Cera. Granted the lyrics aren't spectacular, but still, it's the only song that Cera almost gets entirely to herself. And being arguably the best singer in the gang, what we got was a touching lament over how she wishes things could go back to how they used to be. Å° And to a lesser extent, "Flip Flap and Fly" simply because of the scale. It probably holds the record for most characters singing in one musical number. Not to mention that slick piano intro.

Which brings me to wonder what other peoples top 5 would be. I don't think we have a topic like this yet, so I'll start it. T

The ones listed on the page...are not my top 5. I'm seriously shocked that "Always There" did not get a mention yet "Flip Flap and Fly" did.

But anyways, my top 5 would be these:

1. Kids like us
2. Who needs you?
3. All sorts (from what I remember)
4. Peaceful Valley
5. No one has to be alone

Can't wait 2 hear what everyone else's is!  :D

Bruton the Iguanodon

Hmm...I thought this thread would have gotten a reply this soon, but no? Hopefully it's interesting enough to warrant disscussion. I thought it was, but... :unsure:

Bruton the Iguanodon

Is this thread not good enough to warrant disscusion? I'm afraid now that it isn't  :unsure: ....but for the life of me I can't see why.  :huh:

Bruton the Iguanodon

Ok, I'm getting kind of worried... I can understand why some topics I make don't get many responeses, but this is a topic I would think many members would consider something completely relevant for discussion, yet it hasnt' gotten a single post. I would like to at least know why it's apparently being ignored.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Feb 20 2012 on  07:51 PM
I found this on this page...it was the 5 songs of the sequels that were mentioned on it:

Say what you will about the sequels, but they certainly had their musical moments. The odd one or two of the musical numbers fall into this (Best examples being "When You're Big", "Very Important Creature" and the magnum opus of LBT songs, "Bestest Friends", sung to Littlefoot by his friends as he faces the choice of staying with his grandparents and friends, or leaving with his long-lost father. Even better, an orchestral reprise of the song plays later in the film during a very heartwarming ending.
 ◦ Another song of note is "Things Change", as sung by Cera. Granted the lyrics aren't spectacular, but still, it's the only song that Cera almost gets entirely to herself. And being arguably the best singer in the gang, what we got was a touching lament over how she wishes things could go back to how they used to be. Å° And to a lesser extent, "Flip Flap and Fly" simply because of the scale. It probably holds the record for most characters singing in one musical number. Not to mention that slick piano intro.

Which brings me to wonder what other peoples top 5 would be. I don't think we have a topic like this yet, so I'll start it. T

The ones listed on the page...are not my top 5. I'm seriously shocked that "Always There" did not get a mention yet "Flip Flap and Fly" did.

But anyways, my top 5 would be these:

1. Kids like us
2. Who needs you?
3. All sorts (from what I remember)
4. Peaceful Valley
5. No one has to be alone

Can't wait 2 hear what everyone else's is!  :D
lol sorry I haven't been on lately.

You have some nice choices, I like those too :). There's so many songs that I list as 5 star it's hard to narrow it down lol.

I haven't put mine in order yet, but I guess if I tried putting my top five they would be:

From LBT 2-7:
1. Beyond the Mysterious Beyond
2. It Takes All Sorts
3. Always There
4. Very Important Creature
5. On Your Own

Well, I guess anyway. Like I said, too many to list XD.

From LBT 8-13:
1. Bestest Friends
2. Girls and Dads (it's sooooo CATCHY :D!)
3. The Le--
omg can't even finish it I'm looking over these songs and I like too many of them lol haha.   :smile
I looked them over, and and 8-11 (and most of 12 and 'some' of 13) are all completely absaballolutely perfect  :)

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kay... I may change this over a couple of month's time...

5. Family
4. It Takes All Sorts
3. Peaceful Valley
2.  Bestest friends (It would be the graduation song of my choice)
1. Tie between No one has to be Alone and Always There (both songs match me well)

Bruton the Iguanodon

I'm very pissed though, that this was Tv tropes' highlights of the sequel songs:

"Say what you will about the sequels, but they certainly had their musical moments. The odd one or two of the musical numbers fall into this (Best examples being "When You're Big", "Very Important Creature" and the magnum opus of LBT songs, "Bestest Friends", sung to Littlefoot by his friends as he faces the choice of staying with his grandparents and friends, or leaving with his long-lost father. Even better, an orchestral reprise of the song plays later in the film during a very heartwarming ending.
◦ Another song of note is "Things Change", as sung by Cera. Granted the lyrics aren't spectacular, but still, it's the only song that Cera almost gets entirely to herself. And being arguably the best singer in the gang, what we got was a touching lament over how she wishes things could go back to how they used to be. Å° And to a lesser extent, "Flip Flap and Fly" simply because of the scale. It probably holds the record for most characters singing in one musical number. Not to mention that slick piano intro."

Huh? Not gonna mention "Always There" or "No one has to be alone" or even "Peaceful Valley"?

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
5. Beyond the Mysterious Beyond

4. Peaceful Valley

3. Always There

2. Very Important Creature

1. Eggs song

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Mine would be

Adventuring(10, all repeats in the TV series sucked)

No one has to be alone(LBT 9)

Bestest Friends(10)

I can't think of anymore.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
In alphabetical order:
  • Always There
  • Bestest Friends
  • Beyond the Mysterious Beyond
  • No one has to be alone
  • Peaceful Valley

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There are too many good songs to have a top 5... Besides I change my favourite songs almost daily :rolleyes:

EDIT: Here is my official rating but I disagree with some ratings I made back then now  <_<
Gotta update the thread soon...
Inactive, probably forever.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Speaking of songs I have this cassette with Danish dub.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
My top 5 favourite songs are...

It takes all sorts.
peaceful valley.
Good inside.
 Beyond the Mysterious Beyond.
Your one of us now.

Alex Popp