The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GOF in Esquestria

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"I uh crashed into after I lost control in flight." Spark Scream said. He looked at his legs the tell tale sign of blue warts covered his legs. "Well it may take a while to get there since the posion joke seems to be goin after my legs."

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
"Just three more days... then this set of the heat wave is over..." the GOF member known as the Dark Patriot thought as he sat before his computer, sipping at a bottle of banana milk. The heat was draining his will to do... well, pretty much anything, so he was just reading a My Little Pony fanfic. As he read, however, he noticed that his monitor was beginning to glow unnaturally.

"Strange..." he muttered, looking around for anything that could have been causing the odd glow, when suddenly he felt a sharp pull... then everything seemed to fade away.

---

The first thing he noticed when he awoke was the feel of grass against his side.
"...How did I get outside?" he mumbled to himself as he went to stretch... and noticed that his shape was all wrong. His mind ground to a halt.

"I have four legs, hooves...and a tail." He checked out his motion ranges, and a protrusion on his head tapped against a tree. "...And a horn." He rolled over and pushed himself up onto his hooves, looking himself over as he started to think properly again, his mind shifting into analysis mode. "I'm purple, too... A very nice, very dark purple, though...wait." He took a few experimental steps - and felt none of the ususal pain from his hips during them. "Sweet!" he cheered, doing a little joy-jump - and promptly planting his face into the ground. Chuckling sheepishly, he returned to his feet and continued his self-examination.

His eyes shifted to the mark on his flank. "Well, that confirms without a doubt as to what I am... Now I need to find out where I am..." he said to himself as he began to examine his surroundings... and he instantly recognized it. "The Everfree Forest. Most definitely NOT a place I want to be right n-Hold on. Other ponies that I'll probably run into will most definitely think I'm some sort of maniac or something if I introduce myself with any of my titles... I'll have to think of something that fits here..." He studied himself briefly again and pulled something at random from the sea of thoughts running through his mind. "...Midnight Sun. Yeah, I think that'll work. Well, onwards I go, I guess," he continued as he began to search for either a way out of the Forest or somepony else to point him in the right direction.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Sorry if I woke you Twilight.  I just thought I heard something, like someone crashing into the roof or tree." Spike said as he looked up.

-------

Kor slowly stood up and looked around as he thought to himself.  "Looks like I landed on top of the library tree thing in Ponyville.  At least I'm near the ground.  Though I need to practice flying.  And come up with a name." He thought for a moment.  "Why not use Kor, I use that name often online, and the ponies here may think I mean core, which isn't to strange of a name.  There could be a pony named core after all." He said.  He looked to see how far the ground was and hoped it was easier to slow his fall then to fly.

He stretched his wings out and jumped, doing his best to slow his fall, and mainly succeeding, landing with a small thud outside the door, instead of the louder sound if he had just jumped without using his wings.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Spark Scream continued to walk wobbly but ended up tripping over his hooves. "Um could I get a little help here please?" he asked.

-----------

Fluttershy was in her cottage making some tea she'd just finished feeding the animals around her place. "Oh Angel please calm sown you just ate." she told the white rabbit who was bouncing around her living room calm tone.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It was a rainy summer night in Philadelphia. Lightning zigzagged across the sky, casting bright flashes of light onto the broad sidewalks below. A tall young boy dressed in a wet white lab coat paced himself as he hurriedly walked to his destination, carrying a sagging plastic bag in one hand and a clipboard in the other. He was the GOF member Dima02, who was known as Dima Gallop. He rounded a corner and came face-to-face with the huge wooden doors of the David Rittenhouse Laboratoryóthe main physics laboratory of the University of Pennsylvania. He hesitated a moment before opening the wooden doors and silently entering the building. Not making the slightest noise, he crept into the basement and to his usual post in Laboratory Station 3.

"Dima Gallop? Is that you?" a feminine voice asked.

Dima was so shocked that he dropped both the clipboard and the plastic bag. A thick, orange juice began leaking out of the plastic bag. "Don't sneak up on me like that, Daisy!" he yelled, still sweaty from the shock, "You made me spill our supper."

"I'm sorry, Dima," Daisy said, "Here. Let me help you." The 25-year-old lab supervisor picked up the leaking Styrofoam food containers and moved them onto a table. Daisy Mellow was a young woman with long, flowing hair and broad green eyes. Daisy and Dima were cousins, but they held little resemblance. The former was petite and charming with green eyes and brown hair. The latter was tall and stolid with black eyes and jet black hair.

"But couz," Dima asked his cousin, "Why did you call me here this late? I almost missed the last Septa train, and I won't be able to go home until tomorrow morning. I’d better get extra pay for working extra hours at night." He couldn't keep a straight face for the last sentence.

"They were testing some electromagnetic device in the lab today. Obviously, my boss saw something interesting and ordered me to stay behind to collect some data. I felt a bit hungry and lonely, so I called you. Lightning always scares me for some reason."

"Of course..." Dima and Daisy both sat down on the floor of the wide laboratory. Besides a big, green electrical generator in the middle of the room, the room was almost empty. It was nice to have the entire building to themselves. Dima unpacked one of the food containers and began to eat. Daisy recorded some data from the generator and propped open her laptop to enter the data.

"How about a little bit of My Little Ponies to cheer us up?" Dima suggested, "It's not like that we have anything better to do."

Daisy nodded and found the pilot episode of MLP: FiM. She put the volume on max in order to cover up the sound of the lightning. She was only supposed to check the gages on the generator every thirty minutes, so there wasn't too much to do. Dima was glued to the laptop screen.

Suddenly, just as Nightmare Moon appeared at the celebration in a cloud of lightning, a real flash of lightning hit the building. The entire electrical system of the David Rittenhouse Lab went berserk. Lights in the hallway flickered on and off, and there was a loud crashing sound. Then, red lights illuminated the room as fire alarms activated throughout the building. The generator in the room began to emit a stygian green fog. It almost instantly filled the room, blinding Dima and Daisy.

"Daisy! What do we do? Daisy? DAISY?" Dima panicked.

"Shut off the generator! Help me shut off the generator."

Dima, despite the blinding fog, managed to locate the generator with his foot. He started yelling so that Daisy could locate him by voice. Daisy frantically pressed the controls on the generator, but it was no use. The controls were damaged by the lightning strike. Dima watched as the gages soared to the max.

Then, the generator exploded. The last thing Daisy remembered was being thrown back from the explosion and hitting their head on the concrete floor. Daisy was immediately knocked unconscious, but Dima struggled tenaciously but futilely for another thirty seconds. He eventually succumbed to the chocking fog and fell unconscious.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Art Guard gave a short grin as he stepped over to Spark Scream and tried his best to hoist the pony onto his back. "This is... harder than... it looks!"he commented aloud as he looked to Hikari. "Mind lending me a hoof?"

~~~~

Twilight nodded her head as she looked towards the door to their library home. "Yes Spike, I hear it now too. I wonder who it could be?" she asked quietly as she stepped over to the front door and opened it with her magic. She noticed a pony standing right outside, and always one to make a good first impression gently asked, "Hello. I'm Twilight Sparkle. Who may i ask are you?"

Before the other pony could answer Pinkie Pie appeared behind Twilight and laughed. "Well duh Twilight! He's one of the new ponies in town and he gets an invitation to the super duper over the top party I have planned for later today!" she commented as she bounced around the library.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hikari smiled and nodded.  
"Of course.  Lemme see here..."
He shut his eyes, and as his horn glowed, lifted Spark Scream onto Art's back.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Woah!" Spark Scream exclaimed as he was lifter off the ground.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"Dima? Wake up! Dima!" Dima felt someone shaking him. He woke up and found himself staring right at the face of a purple unicorn.

"You don't have amnesia, do you?" the purple unicorn asked, "I'm Daisy Mellow, your cousin, remember?"

"How did you turn into an unicorn? This has to be a dream." Dima tried pinching himself, but he couldn't move his fingers. He looked down at his hooves. Realizing that he had hooves instead of hands, he quickly scanned the rest of his body. He was... an earth pony. "And how did I turn into an earth pony?"

"I don't know what happened, but I think that we're in the My Little Ponies Universe. That explosion must have knocked us into some alternate universe. I'm not sure how to get back."

"Well, if we're stuck here, we might as enjoy ourselves. Maybe we can find some others. Right now, if I am correct, we are in the middle of Everfree Forest. This is a dangerous place to be... Wait! I hear something."

"You do?"

"Yes, follow me!" Dima dashed off in the direction of the voice. Daisy followed suit.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Forest Grove walked up to Twilight's house which was the town libary and knocked on the door. "Twilight are you home?" he called out.

-------------

Flutter walked out of her cottage after finishing her tea. "I wonder what Twilight's up to?" she thought to herself as she flew over to the libary.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Kor, my name is kor, nice to meet you." Kor said, thinking it was best to stick with that name since it sounded more like a MLP sort of name then his real name.   He wondered if there were any books that talked about flying or if he could get someone to teach him how to do that.  Or if he'd have to find a way to sneak off somewhere to try to practice & teach himself.

------

"A party, swell." Myrdinn said, eating a cafe in ponyville, in response to hearing about pinkie was going to have a party and how popular her parties were.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Fluttershy flew up to Forest Grove "Oh hi Forest Grove." she said quietly.

---------------

"Hello Fluttershy how are you doing today?" Forest grove asked.

"Oh I'm doing well today." Fluttershy replied.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Art Guard braced his legs as he felt Spark Scream lowered down onto his back. But was surprised to feel how lightweight the pony was. Must be because he's a pegasus. thought Guard to himself. He then turned to face Hikari and asked, "Perhaps you'd know a way out of here. I am getting a really bad vie from this place." He then asked Spark, "Are you comfortable?"

~~~~~~

Twilight was about to give Kor a full tour and opened her mouth to speak when she heard another knock at her door. Smiling she stepped over and opened the door once more and was genuinely surprised to see both Forest Grove and Fluttershy. She took a step back to let the two ponies inside and asked aloud, "Hello Forest Grove. Hi Fluttershy.... what brings you two by here? Need a book to borrow?" she giggled lightly knowing both living and tending as the librarian had it's perks.

She then turned to Spike with a gentle smile. "Spike could you put on a pot of tea for us please. And for all your hard work, I'll be sure to have Pinkie Pie make you a stack of cupcakes!" she added with a wink. She then had a question for Kor as it looked he was searching for something. "Are you curious about a particular book Kor?"

Pinkie Pie giggled as she bounced past the cafe where Myrdinn was eating with a large set of pouches on her back stuffed to the brim with party based object, most notably streamers. A lot of streamers in fact. But despite the weight on her flank, she bounced as if she were simply enjoying the day. She stopped for a moment and asked Myrdinn "Hiya! Wanna help me set up a party?! It'll be loads of super duper fun!"

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Forest Grove walked in followed by Fluttershy. "Actully Twilight I was just comming to see how you were doing." Fluttershy said before she noticed kor.

--------------
"Who is this?" forest Grove asked walking over to kor. "I'm Forest Grove what's your name?" Froest grove asked introducing himself.

---------
"Yes I am Art Guard." Spark Scream said quietly.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Tea?  Comming right up.  Pinkie pie cupcakes, yum." Spike said, rubbing his belly briefly as he ran off to start making some tea.  Instead of starting to make tea for those present he decided to make extra, in case anyone else came over in the meantime.  If he ended up with to much then no problem, it would get drunk anyway.  

Kor thought for a moment.  "I was just wondering if there were any books on flying.  Just thought there may be some interesting tips or tricks I've not thoughtof trying."

He turned to look at the new arrivals.  "Hello, I'm Kor, nice to meet you." He said.

---

Myrdinn nodded, "Sure, sounds like a lot of fun." He said to Pinkie.  He quickly finished, being almost finished with his snack anyway.  "Shall we be off to get started?" He asked her.

-----

Spike came in with the container of tea and some cups and started to serve the tea to those present.  "I made extra in case some more folks drop by." Spike said.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"So uh where are you guys from?" Spark Scream asked Art Guard and Hikari. "That is if you don't mind me asking."

------------

"I..I'm fluttershy." Fluttershy said quietly sitting down.

-------

"Hello kor it's nice to meet you to." Forest Grove said.

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Midnight Sun chuckled lightly as he continued his trek through the forest. "With my luck, I'm probably going deeper into the Forest rather than out of it... Heh, I should probably stop talking, but..." He trailed off as a thought struck him. "Wait a sec, I'm a unicorn. I might be able to use magic to help me find my way out of here." Now, how am I supposed to go about using it...

He paused for a moment, thinking. "Okay, let's try something." He closed his eyes. Visualize...Focus...And... His horn flashed dimly, and a weak pulse of magical energy radiated outward. "Wait for it..." he whispered.

Moments later, he felt a few small echoes return. Analyzing the returns, he determined that they were small animals close by. "Hmm... I think that was a sort of detect life spell, or something like that. That didn't get much more than ten feet or so, though... Let's try boosting the power some," he said to himself, then stopped again. This probably isn't a smart idea - Odds are there's something dangerous nearby that can detect my workings... he thought, then shrugged. "Nothing ventured..." he murmured, before repeating his focussing method, but putting more mental force behind it. His horn flashed again, and a significantly stronger pulse flew outward.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hikari shook his head.
I'm not...exactly sure where we are in the forest, much less how to get out of it...unless you want me to try to use my magic or something..."
He said, looking around the forest nervously...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Art Guard grinned lightly as he replied, "Well Spark Scream, would you believe... that I'm not from this world at all. That in fact, I'm from a group called the Gang of Five?" He then sighed and shook his head. "Yeah, that sounded crazy even to me!" Then the strangest thing happened, his ears as if having a mind of their own began to swivel as if trying to locate a sound, a whisper of a sound. Guard then turned his head in a general direction. "Yeah... Hikari, think you can use your magic to focus on a echo location spell?" he asked with a look of concern.

~~~~~~

Twilight smiled as she watched Spike return with more than enough tea for everyone and even some extra in case more guests showed up. "Great work Spike! I'll be sure to make those cupcakes into a total dozen for this!" she said with a bright grin. She then turned to face Kor and asked, "Well which book on flying would you like? We have the Basics for Ponies, Weather Pattern Lookout, Flying for the Soul, Advanced Tricks and Tips." she then paused for a moment and smiled. "But for you I think the classic Tutorial on How Wings Work might be best." she then used her magic to levitate the book off the shelf and down in front of Kor.

Twilight then turned to Forest Grove and Fluttershy. "I'm doing alright. A little tired from pulling another all-nighter, but... nothing to worry about." she said with a giggle as she tried to stifle a yawn.

~~~~~~

Pinkie Pie grinned brighter than even she thought possible as Myrdinn agreed. "Okie dokie lockie! This way please!" she said with a laugh as she bounced away towards the library intent on throwing the eventual party there. "This is going to be so much fun. I mean like, parties are always fun, but this party is going to be like the most super duper fantastical extra amazing over the top mega party! Oh I'll bet everypony will be there from Ponyvillie!" she said with a silly laugh as she thought about the party.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yeah I'd beleive you in fact I'm from the same group." Spark Scream replied quietly.