The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time

dinorawr · 966 · 48576

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
*Eons and eons ago. Before the first people and humans walked the Earth, there were The Dinosaurs. We see all of the dinosaurs of the Great Valley gathered around near the Thundering Falls. The children are playing and splashing with one another while the adults are bathing and eating the grass growing under the surface of the pond. Twilight, the elderly longneck, is seen with his head underwater and when he comes back up his mouth is full of pond grass. He's chewing it slowly and turning his head when something catches his hear. He quickly turns toward the horizon and begins to talk to himself.*

Twilight: "That's strange. I know i've heard that sound before, I just can't quite figure out what it is."

*He squints his eyes trying to get a better look while the others go on about their own business.*

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail was busy playing in the water and jumped onto a rock to dry himself off when he slipped and fell right back in, and after several moments burst to the surface with a smile on his face as he laughed at his mistake.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot was getting a drink of water, after having eaten.  He decided he would go looking for his friends after he had finished his drink.  

Mim was resting near some water and eating a bit of a tree sweet that she had managed to climb up and get.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Ecco was eating some treestars. Hmm, these treestars are delicious. You are right, Ruby said, very delicious, one of the best treestars I ever ate. I agree Ecco said and smiled at Ruby.

OCC: I hope that¥s okey if I run Ru

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante sat on the shore, and when he saw Longtail fall in, he started laughing and as his friend surfaced, began laughing...
"That was... Smooth, Longtail, pal!"

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ecco went to a watering place to get some water. Ruby followed him. At the watering place he saw Longtail laughing in the water and gave a big smile. What are you laughing about? He asked. Ruby came next to Eccos side and drank some water.

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
* Twighlight, tired from squinting his eyes, looks over in time to see LongTail surfacing out of the water and climbing back up on shore. He slowly walks over there and begins to talk to them.*

Twilight: Hey youngsters. Excuse me for interrupting you all, but I want you all to take a good luck over at the horizon. Please, tell me...do you hear the same familiar sound I do when I look over there?

* Twilight finishes his speaking and then turns his longneck around again straining his ears to try to get a good listen.*

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail heard Twighlight speak and looked up. After the longneck was fisnished speaking did Longtail nod his head and listen for any sounds. But hearing none he decided to fly up into the sky to get a better track...and finally he did indeed hear something!

He flapped down to the ground and said to Twighlight "Yes sir, I do hear something from over there...but I don't know what it is."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot had been getting a drink from farther up and once he was done he walked along in the direction of the voice he heard.  He could not fully understand what they were saying at first but the voiced sounded like friends of his so he headed in that direction.  

"Hey guys, what's going on?" he asked.

------

Mim was finishing up eating before she'd set out to see what some others were up to and decide what to do next.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby looked with a surprised look to twilight. Surprised that he heard that sound too. Yes, sure I did, it was strange, I can¥t really explain the sound. What do you think could it be? She asked. Ecco listened to that what Ruby said. I didn¥t hear anything.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante nodded as well, shaking his head...
"I hear it, but... I don't know what it is..."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Sound, what sound." Littlefoot said then tried to listen for it, he thought he could almost hear something.  "What is that, I can't hear it enough to quite make it out." He said.

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
* Twilight then closes hie eyes and shakes his head from side to side before talking again.*

Twilight: I'm not at all sure that i've heard this sound while i've been here in the great valley. However, I am certain that I've heard it before while traveling in the Mysterious Beyond in my younger days. I fear what it is to come. I have a very bad feeling about the future.

* Just then, the Earth slightly begins to shake. Rocks tremble and parents begin to call for their children. The water from the lake begins to come onto shore and the Dinosaurs all clearly have fearful faces on their faces. Twilight gets down and curls around hiding his face under his own tail. Then, the shaking becomes more violent and as everyone disperses while scrambling for protection, three huge flying rocks throw themselves across the sky. Twilight peaks from under his tail in time to see the rocks flying behind and thundering falls. He also hears the great sound they make, which must have been created as a result of the rocks landing down somewhere. Then, for an instant , a chaotic and violently rough sonic boom hits the Earth, causing a old tree in front of Twilight to begin to fall towards him. Twilight quickly gets from his protective stance and jumps out of the way just in to avoid himself harm. The thundering falls have stopped now, but Twilight hasn't noticed yet. As all of the shaking stops and the other dinosaurs begin to come out of their secret hideaways, Twilight begins to speak again.*

Twilight : Is everyone safe?

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante rose shakily to his feet, shaking his head as he did so...
"I'm... alive at the least... What about everyone else?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail being in the air since the earth shake started he blinked as he heard Twilight ask if everyone was okay and responded "Yes...I'm fine." However he saw several bushes rumbling, and out of te bushes stepped Chomper.

The young purple sharptooth shook his head and called out "Wow...did anyone else feel that?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim appeared near where Littlefoot was, "You look ok, how is everyone else?" She asks.

Littlefoot nods, "That was one scary earth shake and whatever else it was." He said looking around.  "Maybe we should see how everyone else is."

"And how the valley was effected." Mim said.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine had luckily found shelter during the earth shake, so he peered out from the cave he was in and looked around. "Wow, that was scary. I hope the others are safe." The area around him was greatly affected by the shake. Large rocks had fallen on top of bushes and trees were split apart. "At least the whole valley isn't badly damaged. I better go see how my friends are." He then began to walk and look for the others.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby looked around. Ecco was lying on a rock. She stood up and walked to Ecco. Are you all right, she asked. well, I don¥t know. He tried to stood up. Well, I can stand, but I twisted my ancle very bad. Oh, I don¥t know what to do if something like that happens. Ruby looked to the folks. Do anyone here know what to do if one twisted his or her ancle?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot and Mim were walking along.  They headed to one of the areas where Littlefoot's friends, and some grownups sometimes went.  They heard voices and headed off in that direction.  They heard the latter part of what Ruby said.  

Littlefoot nods, "The grown ups often put some leaves and mud on it.  And the person rests." Littlefoot says, remembering what he had seen them do.

Mim nods, "The leaves of certain plants help to reduce swelling and ease pain, the mud is to help keep the leaves on and give the ankle some support." She said.  "You should sit down and not put any pressure on the ankle, unless you have to." She said.

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
* Twilight looked around, thankful for his life. Noticing all the damage done, he twisted his neck to try and see how everyone was doing. He looked over and saw Ruby, Mim, and Littlefoot staring down at Ecco. He heard the conversation and did his best to get over there as soon as he could.*

Twilight: Good job Littlefoot. Your grandparents would be proud to know that you know the proper procedures. However, I don't know of any healing plants in the Great Valley. ( He then stretches his neck and looks over at some other grown-ups. They were in the watering hole when the earthshake hit.) But, i'm sure one of the other grown-ups would know. Would you like a lift over to the watering hole? Or will you two sit with him while I go ask?