The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Armegedon in the Beyond

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Hunter almost instinctivly turned on the newcomer and asked harseely "Who the firewater are you? Or more to the point....what are you?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Motochika recoiled a slight bit, then regained his composure, and said...
"I am little more than a wanderer.  What species I am even I know not.  But I know what is in my heart, and that is a desire to protect this place that I had heard about since my youth.  If you must call me anything...I am a Tosan, for that is the name of my place of birth."
He bowed deeply, and then stood again, looking around at the other gathered residents of the valley before him...

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"He's with the others, meeting some new wanderers to the valley. Besides, I asked if I could come alone anyway. I wasn't sure I could contact you with the others around. Too much noise." Zaine hesitated before asking his next question.

"I've been thinking about this for a long time, and I have to ask you. Are you my mother?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Motochika looked at the gathering of the others, then said in an almost sad way...
"I get the feeling that you don't trust me.  If that is the case...How can I prove myself?"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'I have a way. I need you to find me a fast-biter. He is very dark gray, and he has a few slash marks around his chest. He also has a mark around his left eye that is completely black. His name is Dark-Eye.' Vylor said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The voice was quiet for a minute and then said "No, I'm sorry Zaine, but I do have a suprise for you... you can see your mother right now. Just don't move."

In a moment the place where Zaine was standing began to change, and little dots of blue light began to form in front of Zaine and when it was over two forms stood in front of him...a flyer and his mother who was smiling at him.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine couldn't believe what he was seeing. Ever since the great earthshake, he had mourned for the death of his herd. He even wished sometimes if he could kill himself in order to rejoin his family in the afterlife. Now, he was finally meeting with his long lost mother again, and it was too much for him to handle. He began to shed some tears. "Mother? Is it really you? Am I dreaming?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Agreed.  I shall go and find this fast-biter.  This shouldn't be too hard, since I recall that I saw him near here recently."
Motochika said, turning and walking off, strumming his instrument as he did so...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zaines mother smiled at him and said "No dear, you are not dreaming...it really is me. I am so proud of you...you have made many friends, and your willingness to stand by them is what following your heart is all about." She then turned her attention to the fast biter spirit and said "Yes, This is my son."

The female flyer smiled at Zaine as well and spoke "It's nice to finally get to see you zaine...this may be hard to believe but I am Longtail's mother. My name is Soul."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Well then, allow me to introduce myself, Zaine.  I am Arius Oubouros.  I believe you've met my... adopted son, Dante?"
The male spirit said, bowing gracefully to Zaine as he did so...

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Finally, I can have this curse lifted," Dark-Eye said.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Your curse?  I sense no such thing about you.  Rather, I see that you have been given the power, like many of us here, to defy the tides of fate, and to carve your own path."
Motochika replied, looking back unflinchingly...

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine was stunned by the flyer spirit's words. "Longtail's... mother?" He never mentioned anything about her to me before. He finally realized what Soul meant when she told him that Longtail also felt his pain. He then looked over to Arius. "Your son? You mean the one that just arrived here? I knew there was something different about him, but I couldn't figure out what. Why isn't he attacking us right now, and what are we supposed to do about the five sharpteeth?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Dante has always been...different.  He hates blood, and will avoid killing unless it is absolutely nessecary.  As to the other five that approach, they will meet strong resistance.  There are many in the Valley with powers that are far beyond their own.  Dante, for one, and Longtail both have such powers."
Arius said, a faint smile crossing his face as he did so...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Soul smiled and said to Zaine "My son is something special. Arius is right...many in the valley will stand and fight, and those who can...will use their gifts to aid us all." Soul then smiled and said "But thats not the reason you came here is it?"

Zaines Mother then said "What do you need my dear?"

OOC: What is Zaine's mothers name?

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'It is a curse to me. I can't be with my own kind. I am an outcast with my own, and others flee from me.' Dark-Eye said.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
OOC: Mia. First thing I could think of

"I have two questions that I'm stuck on. The first is about Kor." He hesitated for a second. "I'm not sure if you remember, but Kor wants Longtail dead, but for some reason he acts fine towards me. He offered to help us defend the valley, but can he really be trusted?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Soul sighed and said "Oh...I remember it well Zaine. He will keep his end of the bargain and help the valley, but then I must warn you he will try to get his vengance and I'm not sure how he'll do it...he may use anyone including you to get to Longtail. I'm sorry, but that's just the way Korr is."

Mia then replied "But my son won't fall for that he is far too smart! Zaine you must listen to us and try to help both Longtial and Korr settle there problems, or this fight may just end both of them...and even if the valley is spared by the death of the Mighty Five, they will still be lost. It is all up to you!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Indeed.  I'll tell Dante to help in the task, but I fear that much of it will be on your shoulders, Zaine.  I worry about Longtail as well."
Arius said, growing rather grim...

"Perhaps fate's shifting currents will one day allow you to put your...'curse'...to good use, Dark-Eye.  Perhaps now is that day."
Motochika said, a note of calming in his voice as he did so...

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"You may think that, but once it has exhausted all of its usefullness, I shall have that elf rid me of it." Dark-Eye said. "Shouldn't you be going back now?"