The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT - War for the Valley

LBTFan13 · 120 · 14116

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine laughed. "You better fly Longtail, because she's gaining on you!" Zaine remembered a bunch of times when Cera and Longtail would playfully argue over who was better. They always tended to be interrupted by something even more important, but he was wondering how this wound turn out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sierra finally decided his flight was done. He turned around and headed back to the Mysterious Beyond. The time is almost here. These fools will have no idea what's in store for them.

When he finally made it, he ran into Rinkus. "The leaf eaters suspect nothing. This is almost going too well. How are your preparations coming?"

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail picked up speed as he heard Zaines call. But he was still staying low to the ground to make it fair for Cera.
"You really need to move faster Cera, if this were a dangerous situation you'd be sharptooth bait right now!" he chuckled aloud.

~~~

Rinkus grimaced as Seirra landed and asked about his progress.
"Well...ya see...I was waiting for you to come back....so i could tell ya, well...I was only able to find a few flyers willing to go along with this...but enough fastbiters and sharpteeth...I think. Look for yourself." he said pointing to the group collected behind him.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Good morning, Rhett," Ali smiled. "We're just going to go get breakfast and then I was hoping to find Littlefoot and the rest and see what they had planned for the day."

She hoped they wouldn't have a repeat of what had happened the last time they had been here. She wanted to balance the time she spent with Rhett and her friends in the Great Valley.

"Do you want to come with?" she asked.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sure" rhette agreed readily.. "lead the way.."
_
Petrie woke uin his nest to find himself alone..his family had already woken had left..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Claw and Ovie eventually arrived at the resting place. There, waiting for them, were six other sharpteeth and one fastrunner female. All of them were resting, which was understandable considering how long they had been traveling before reaching this place. Claw looked at them for a moment before he called:

"<Shadow and Blacktail to me!>"

At that two fastbiters got up from the ground and came to Claw. The first one, Shadow, had a very dark green skin with brown and grey stripes, which made her well camouflaged amongst the trees. Claw knew that she was probably the best scout he had ever saw and good second in command too. They both lived through many dangerous adventures and she never let Claw down. The second biter he called, Blacktail, (green with white stripes and black end of his tail) was a type of "more muscles than brain". He was very strong (which was good) and liked to show or use his strenght on others (which wasn't so good). Blacktail was also so independent that he barely racognized Claw as his leader and few times he tried to win leadership in fight, without a success as yet...

"<Welcome back, Chief.>" Shadow said respectfully, but Blacktail did not care about formalities.

"<Did you find that tunnel?>" he asked.

"<Yes. Ovie showed me its likely location>" Claw answered.

"<Likely location? You mean you didnt see it?!>" Blacktail growled and Shadow gave him angry look. Claw ignored Blacktail's voice tone.

"<It can wait. Now I want us to find a bettel place to settle. While we will be looking for it, you will go to the Valley>" he said that last part to fastrunner.

"<To the Valley? What for?>" Ovie asked.

"<I want to know more about its inhabitants: where they usually sleep, eat; who is the fighting type; who leads them and so on>" Claw responded.

"<So you want me to be your spy then?>"

"<Yes. You have any problem with this?>" fastbiter's leader asked. Ovie thought that for a second he had heard a threatening tone in Claw's voice, but perhaps it was just his imagination. After all this time spent with pack of predators he was still partly afraid of them, remembering that they only had tolerated him and his mate because they needed informations.

"<Not at all. I am just suprised you are asking me for it. You usually send Shadow to check things out>" Ovie answered.

"<She is a scout and I need a spy, as you adequately put. Fastrunner will be better for that job>" Claw said, at which Ovie whispered under his breath: "<Lucky me>". At aloud he asked:

"<You are sending only me, so I take that Amber is staying with the group?>" he glanced at his mate, who was sleeping right now. He feared to leave her alone, but he knew that he had no other choice. If he wanted fastbiters to continue with protecting them that is.

"<Yes. One is enough for that task>" Claw said, looking shortly at pink fastrunner and again at Ovie.

"<Can you be so kind and do some spying for us now, please?>" Blacktail asked snidely, showing his teeth "<Or should I make you do that?>". At that Ovie walked away hastily. Shadow again looked at Blacktail with a frown.

"<Could you stop acting like a jerk, Blacktail? There was no need for that.>" she told.

"<What?! I just gave our 'friend' a little motivation to move>" Blacktail laughed "<Besides... This is only a weak fastrunner. Who cares if I scared him a bit?>"

"<Shadow is right>" Claw said sternly "<Dont do that again or...>"

"<Or what?>" Blacktail asked defiantly.

"<Or you will be all by yourself from that moement. Understood?>" Claw said. Other sharptooth was silent for a few seconds before simply nodding and then he went away to the others, who were still resting.

"<This biter can be a pain in a tail sometimes, Chief>" Shadow stated.

"<Tell me about it>" Claw responded with a sigh...

(I hope this post is not too long, but when I was writing it I couldnt stop :) )
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Ozzie and Strut were among the group gathered with the sharpteeth.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Strut asked.

"Why yes." Ozzie replied. "We can get revenge on those brats and a place to live. Kill two with one stone."

Strut gulped.

--------------

In a different part of the group Dromaeo and Deimos were standing at the ready.

"Ready to fight?" Dromaeo asked Deimos.

Deimos nodded and snapped his foot claws forward. "Yes." Not for you though. He thought.

---------------------

Ovius and Hyp were enjoying a game of ball.

"Catch me if you can!" Ovius teased as he wove around Hyp.

Hyp grumbled and tried to catch Ovius.

Ovius easily outran Hyp and kicked the ball between two stones. "And that's why you're only a Runner not a Fast-Runner." Ovius joked.

"Yeah, whatever." Hyp replied, kicking the ball pack into play.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"Hey, not fair, you're too fast when you fly!" Cera managed to yell between gasps.  Eventually Cera had enough, she dug her heels into the ground and came to a skidding halt.  The three horn let herself fall flat to the ground as she tried to catch her breath.  The run was good though, the exercise had put her in a slightly better mood.  "You win" Cera said as she began to get her composure back, "this time".

------------------------------------------

Spike nudged Ducky again and began pointing his head towards the bushes, trying to indicate that he wanted to go find their friends.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail turned around and landed on the ground a few fee from Cera.
"Well glad you see it my way!" he commented with mock pride. He then stepped back over to Zaine and asked, "So what do you want to do today?"

Cyrix cleared his throat.
"Aren't you forgetting something Longtail?"

The flyer sighed and faced the ground for a moment and shuffled his feet.
"But I wanna play." he whined.

Cyrix turned to Zaine and replied, "You are more than welcome to join in our morning exercise if you choose."

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Doc nodded at Grandpa longneck's remarks. "Well then I guess I can't argue with that. Here kid let me show you how to really use that tail of yours." Doc approached a tall tree, glanced at the tree stars at the top, and whipped his tail. A few tree stars gently floated to the ground, and Doc smiled. "First one's yours kid."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zaine smiled. "Well, I guess it could be fun. Besides, if I end up doing better than Longtail I get braggin rights."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sierra glanced at the group and nodded. "Perfect. We have enough to send the valley a warning. We'll regroup and then arm ourselves for the full scale attack. Anybody up for taking children hostages?"

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Wow..." Littlefoot stared with amazment at his friend. "One day I'll be able to swing my tail just like you do Doc! I just... need to grow bigger..."
Seeing the treestars got him on other thoughts though.
"Treestars! Yeah!" Littlefoot jumped over the first treestar that hit the ground, starting to chew it.
--------------------

"So... Blueberry's lazy?"
Skitter broke the silence in the cave tunnel around him and Fry as they walked.
"Nah... that was a joke. He has a tention of sleeping longer sometimes." Fry replied with a chuckle. "Once he..."
Skitter stopped.
Fry kept walking a few metres before he realized Skitter was behind.
"Hey, what's wrong?"
"I thought I heard voices...? Where are we?"
Fry looked around.
"I think... we're somewhere under the middle of the valley... That... no that tunnel leads to the surface, why?"
"I thought I heard Cera... Skitter made a pause, before grining. "And she sounded mad!"
"That's Mr.Threehorns daugther, right? A friend of yours?"
"That's right, shall we go see?" Skitter said hopefully.

Fry nodded.
"Sure, I think I'll run into Blueberry sooner or later anyway. Let's go!"  
"This way!"
The two dinosaurs took a turn and headed into a tunnel leading slowly upwards.

------------------------------------

Chomper was done eating. He was lying on the ground and hold his belly.
"...Hey Ruby, wanna go find Littlefoot and the others?"
"Sure Chomper!" Ruby replied, swallowing one final leaf.
"Let's go and try find them."
They both got up on their feet, and started heading back into the lushy woods.

-----------------------------------
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dromaeo nodded. "Yeah! Let's do it! Of course we could kill a few of the children to demoralize the Valley dinosaurs."

There is no way in hell I am joining this conquest! Deimos thought.

He wandered to the edges of the group.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"All right," Ali glanced up at her mom. "We're going to go eat and try to find Littlefoot and his friends."

One advantage to the Great Valley was that there was food everywhere, so you could walk around and get breakfast at the same time in you wanted to.

"Okay, just be careful," Ali's mom said.

"Let's go!" Ali said, running off towards the gang's favorite meeting spot. It also happened to be in the direction of some tastey-looking treestars.

---------------------------------

Al led his pack forward. They were in the mountainous area just outisde of the Valley. He glanced back at his mate and daughter and farther back his brother who brought up the rear. He felt a momentary surge of pride as he watched Lori trudge along. She had always been a tough little dino.

He stopped and the pack paused as they heard voices. Al slowly started forward. Leo came forward and followed at his side. Alice stopped and stood guard over Lori.

They turned a corner and spotted the fastbiter camp. The two sharpteeth glanced at each other. Al spoke first. "They're probably here to escape the disaster, too."

"What should we do?" Leo said. His stomach growled. "I'm hungry."

"We're not going to eat them," Al hissed softly at his brother. He exhaled calming down.

"I wasn't suggesting that," Leo said gently though the thought had briefly crossed his mind. "There were be plenty of food in this Hidden Valley anyway."

"I'm going to talk to them," Al decided. He stepped out from behind the corner and spoke loud enough to be heard, but not to sound threatening in anyway. "Excuse me. Are you looking for a way into the Hidden Valley as well?"

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
An eery mist was starting to rise around a rocky area... The dense fog seemed to come from nearby mountains, but descended to the ground with amazing speed.

Kyro travelled quietly through this mist, trying not to wake up any of the rockbacks around him.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Sierra shook his head. "The children are of no use to us dead. I want them alive! Especially the longneck Littlefoot!" He then turned back and faced the valley. I've waited too long to get back at that twerp, and I'm not going to let my chance at revenge fail. In the corner of his eye, he noticed Deimos inching away. Coward. He can stay here until we return for all I care.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doc nodded. "I'm sure you will kid. I have no doubt one day you will grow to my size. Then he felt it. Something was about to happen, but he didn't know what. He looked around sharply. "I knew it. I knew this day was too good to be true." He glanced down at Littlefoot. "Kid, get behind your folks."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zaine then noticed something he hadn't before. It seemed too quiet, almost too peaceful. Normally that wasn't a bad thing, but this was worse. Something was wrong. Something was going to happen very soon but he didn't know what. "Hey does anybody else feel that? Something seems strange, but I can't explain it."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"There are plenty of children there. Killing 1 or 2 to demoralize the Valley dinosaurs could make the battle easier." Dromaeo countered.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Bron laughed. "Okay, so maybe I got a little carried away... But here we are!"
He slowed up a bit at the mouth of the farwalkers' entrance to the valley, taking in the sight. The journey had been rough and dangerous, but here his herd could find refuge until he decided their course.
Certainly, Littlefoot had been a major factor in traveling toward the valley in the first place. But if his herd found the risk unnecessary, none said so.
They trusted their leader's judgment.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Hmm?" Littlefoot looked up at Doc.
"Doc, what is it?"
But Littlefoot needed no more convincement. Doc's look was more than enough.
Slowly, he stepped backwards under the legs of his grandparents.
"Grandpa... what is going on?" he asked nervously.

Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck chuckled.
"Very well done Doc." He then smiled. "Mind if I tried?" he asked quizzically. As Littlefoot asked his question he looked down and answered truthfully "I don't know Littlefoot...but it can't be good."

~~~~

Longtail scoffed and said aloud, "Yeah, that'll be the day Zaine. My uncle you may beat, but me...hehe...no bragging rights for you!"

Cyrix chuckled aloud.
"Oh boys now relax. Would you like to practice here, or somewhere else?" he asked Longtail and Zaine. He then stiffened and gasped.

Longtail noticed this as well, and he looked around expectantly.

~~~~

Ducky smiled.
"Yes, spike...let us go find our friends.

~~~~

Rinkus cackled with delight as he said, "Oh yes...there are quite a few I'd like to give a slow, painful beating too!"

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Cera walked up to the spot Zaine, Longtail and Cyrix were standing and noticed their expressions.  "Whats wrong?" she asked.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"I swear I will leave this pack and take Amber with me if this Blacktail guy do something like that again" Ovie was mumbling to himself with annoyance, as he walked towards the Great Valley. After some time he went through the main entrance to the Valley. He hadn't noticed anybody so far.

"No guards. They surely have a little to fear, dont they?" he kept talking "Well... Still none is in sight. Even the welcome committee is not here. Perhaps I've came at wrong Bright Circle... Oh..." he gasped as at that moment he entered the Great Valley and the view reminded him why it was called Great. There was so many trees with more treestars than anybody could eat and there was more water than one could possibly drink through his entire life. It was so beautiful place, that it would be hard to imagine for someone who had never been to the Great Valley. Ovie of course lived here for a short time, but even now he couldn't help to just standing there and then, staring. Only after several minutes he was able to move again.

"Alright. Now it is a time to look around and do my task" he said it so quietly, almost as he was whispering. He run forward, in direction of the centre of the Valley.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.