The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rules for the RP Discussion Board

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
These boards were simply made for the continual commentary and questionnaires of current RP's. Here are some simple rules to consider and follow (will be updated as we progress)

Rules:
1. It is up to the RP author to create a discussion thread for his/her RP. Only he/she can do this. Unless he/she gives you special permission to do so yourself.
2. If you have a question concerning an RP, and a Discussion thread already exists for it, please post your question there. Do NOT post a separate thread for that question.
3. All the original forum rules apply here, this includes rules on conduct. So bad behavior will not be tolerated, nor any spam.
4. Any topic that does not fit in here will be moved and the author as well as the participants will be noted of its move.
5. Please stay on topic. If for some reason one discussion thread inspires a new RP idea, please develop a thread specifically for that idea or talk about it via PM.

Suggestions:
1. If you'd like to generate an early hype for your RP, simply start the Discussion thread for that RP a day or so before posting the RP itself, this will allow others time to offer their assistance or ask questions about joining as well as communicate their opinions about the RP concept.
2. If you need a topic change for any topic in the RP section, you may notify me and I will change it for you.

Notices:
1. As I only have mod powers, I can still call upon the almighty powerful admin when their powers are needed. Nick is and always will be the head admin of the RP section but I have the Head Mod powers, simply to move posts when needed, change titles when requested edit out unnecessarily bad material from posts, and warn trolls before summoning the Admin God's to abolish his/her soul from these premises if such actions are really needed.
2. If there are any disagreements, suggestions, ideas for these rules or forums, feel free to post them in this thread.

These forums are very user friendly and the community here is as a family and a team. We should all continue to act as one...

Thank you for your consideration. And happy postings!  B)

Signed,
The Fox

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I have the Head Mod powers, simply to move posts when needed, change titles when requested edit out unnecessarily bad material from posts, and warn trolls before summoning the Admin God's to abolish his/her soul from these premises if such actions are really needed.

Admin Gods...that's funny! :lol  Hopefully you'll never need us.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Quote from: Petrie,Dec 15 2007 on  09:54 AM
I have the Head Mod powers, simply to move posts when needed, change titles when requested edit out unnecessarily bad material from posts, and warn trolls before summoning the Admin God's to abolish his/her soul from these premises if such actions are really needed.

It would be a pity, really

who in their right mind would troll a LBT forum?

then again, is that a logical question?

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Only those poor souls who have nothing better to do, then waste their time and make enemies.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Dec 15 2007 on  09:54 AM

Actually, I thought trolls were fed to Sharpteeth by Sierra or thrown off the Great Wall by Ozzie, pursued by Red Claw, Screech, and Thud without mercy,  or worst of all, they are left to feel the wrath of Cera's dad.   :wow  :lol  :lol  

Anyway, how does a RP differ from a fanfiction?  Is this one like a fanfic done with two or more writers?

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Naw, All trolls are fed to Chomper. Poor little guy's gotta keep his strength up, ya know! :lol

About an RP, it stand for Role-Play. Everyone get's assigned one or more characters that they play as, taking turns writing out, or 'playing out' a story. It's different from a fanfiction, in that the people doing it usually don't know exactly what is going to happen. They just have to play off of each other, dealing with the situation like the character they're playing as would deal with it. It's a lot of fun.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Jan 1 2015 on  02:51 AM
Naw, All trolls are fed to Chomper. Poor little guy's gotta keep his strength up, ya know! :lol

About an RP, it stand for Role-Play. Everyone get's assigned one or more characters that they play as, taking turns writing out, or 'playing out' a story. It's different from a fanfiction, in that the people doing it usually don't know exactly what is going to happen. They just have to play off of each other, dealing with the situation like the character they're playing as would deal with it. It's a lot of fun.
That is what I'd love to do.  That way, I could get a script for a fan fic or a movie and it wouldn't be just me creating it.  I could get more ideas than just my own.

However, can I set boundary lines in it:

i.e.

Chomper isn't allowed to eat the Gang of Five
Ruby mustn't die

things like that?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
You probably could, but only in roleplays you start yourself. If you join another, you cannot take over and say "this character mustn't die" or "this character mustn't do this". It would be seen as rude.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
only if you start your own rops. if you participate in another rp, you must abide by the rules the creator of that rp sets down. i'm the admin for the rp section so any complaints go to me.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: