The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Bad Baby Names

Serris · 29 · 4817

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's pretty awesome that her name is named aftter a bottle of strong liquor.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I went through the obituaries and found someone named Sweetie Belle Rufus!

Granted, the woman was named at the turn of the 20th century but I don't thinnk Sweetie Bellewas a common name then either.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,May 10 2011 on  05:19 PM

The horse racing section of the newspaper are inappropriate places to pick baby names.
Well, well, it seems that rule has been violated too. My comments

Look at these:

Quote from: 2burkeboys on  
I kid you not, I met a 12-month-old girl last weekend named Zenyatta.
Source: http://forums.barrelhorseworld.com/forum/f...=352491&start=1 [That girl will never live down her name. Pray she never, ever gets into the equestrian world or even worse, the Thoroughbred racing world; she'll never live down her name!]

Quote from: StephanieNE on  
Ohhh my friend from the racetrack is expecting a baby girl in a few months.....

Name: ZENYATTA ALEXANDRA
Source: http://forums.barrelhorseworld.com/forum/f...588&mid=4684020 You combined the names of two champion racehorses? High hopes, much? Still the least you could do is invert it!

Through dense bush and treacherously steep terrain, the toddler - named after Melbourne Cup heroine Makybe Diva

[Her father is a former jockey]

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/family-overwhelm...0401-1cp3c.html  Dear dad, no more horse racing for you!

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
My next door neighbours just named their new kid 'Excalibur'. Urgh.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Celebs always have interesting baby names.

The latest one is Rainbow Aurora.

Also, of note, "Celestia" was a popular name in the 1800s-early 1900. It's still popular in Utah.

As for horrible names: I know people named Denim, Khaki and Jade.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: jansenov,Jun 16 2011 on  07:13 PM
Hey, check this out. It looks like some of our little heroes have their namesakes! Somebody decided to name their children after Petrie, Ducky and Spike. Now, Petrie (like "little Peter") sounds like an OK name for a human to me, Ducky is iffy and Spike is definitely not a good name. Still, not as outrageous as the names listed above.
Actually, (you might already know this but) GoF's most prolific poster at one point was a user named Littlefoot. On the forum and in real life. Though he legally changed his own name in honor of the show, so it's not a perfect example.

I'd have to say Spike is the best of the three. It's a real name (like Spike Lee), unlike the others. Cera spelled that way would be weird.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Littlefoot totally sounds like a Native American name, so I think it's a pretty good name. Spike, Cera, and Petrie are all ones I've heard. Ducky would probably be the worst thing to name your kid out of the five: the poor thing would be teased to death all through school.

For a girl? The worst name I've heard is Shawty. No, I'm not kidding.
For a boy? The worst name I've heard is recently is Sade. That just floods the brain with unpleasant trivia.  

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cera is in fact a human name in itself.  It's French an Italian origin, and one of the meanings of Cera is "A Colorful Personality".  Fits the bill with our little threehorn :DD.  Cera is also a nickname of "Cerise", which is French for "Sweet Cherry".  Imagine Cera's reaction to being called Sweet Cherry :lol  :spit.

Spike and Petrie are also names I've heard among humans.  I love Ducky's name, but a kid on our world probably wouldn't fare so well with that name unfortunately.  It could be a nickname for "Destiny" or "Desiree", but that's just me :p.  I often give Ducky the nickname "Dee" in my stories, so maybe a kid with that name could be nicknamed "Dee", "DeeDee", or "Deidre" :idea.

I've often thought, if I ever have a son, I would probably like to name him Atreyu after Atreyu from "The Neverending Story", but that's just an idea.  I'd have to have his daddy on board with idea first :lol.

Speaking of celebs, don't even get me started on Kim Kartrashian and Kayne West's baby name: North West.  I guess this is what happens when shallow tools breed :slap  :bang.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
In Australia a couple named their baby boy Burger...