The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Do U like Rinkus? :)

Jrd89 · 31 · 4834

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hey, I just wanted to make a thread about Rinkus, and ask.. what do you like (or not like) about the pink rhamphorhynchus?

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/_img/c.../char_62845.jpg

As for me, I like him, I trust him, I would love to be a tan rhamphorhynchus and be very good friends with him.  Sure he was very sneaky in "cold fire" but I still like him, and his funny stuff, and I do like his shades of pink, too.  :D

What are some of the things (if any) that you like or love (or not like or love) about Rinkus?

I like him, and I would give him a second chance. He's not such a bad guy after all, and i'd love to be friends and hang out with him. He deserves a second chance if you ask me. ;)

What do you think of Rinkus?

Bruton the Iguanodon

Meh, I don't really like him. I thought he was a girl when I first saw it.

Now Sierra, I think he's awesome! (In the typical villian way, of course!) :smile

I really like that awesome midnight blue color he turns only by the night. Even if it was just for one scene, it was awesomeness!

I believe Sierra and Rinkus survived and that if LBT is ressurected and they have the decnecy to bring back some of the old villians, I'll be seeing my favorite "mean flyer" and you'll be seeing yours, Jared!  ;)

P.S. I like your avatar. It's cute.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I believe Sierra and Rinkus survived and that if LBT is ressurected and they have the decnecy to bring back some of the old villians, I'll be seeing my favorite "mean flyer" and you'll be seeing yours, Jared!

P.S. I like your avatar. It's cute.

I believe they survived, too, Bruton! and yes, that's a very good way of putting it. we'll both be seeing out favorite "mean flyers" again.

And thank you. I'm happy that you like my avatar.  :yes

Bruton the Iguanodon

You're welcome. I noticed Pterano is standing on all fours in that part which you have as your avatar. Which is cool since flyers rarely do it. I think Petrie sorta did in 1 after Littlefoot and Cera's fight but he was more leaning on his hands i think.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I personally loved both Rinkus and Sierra. They reminded me a lot of Ozzy and Strut, and the chemistry between the two of them was perfect.

Although I wouldn't necessarily say he wasn't such a bad guy. If you remember, he was the one who suggested they threaten Littlefoot about the Stone of Cold Fire, so there is definitely some evil hiding underneath his likeable bumblyness (if that word makes any sense). Also, he is the one to suggest that he and Sierra betray Pterano when they reach the stone. Sure Rinkus may not be as aggressive as Sierra, but he's definitely got a twisted mind of his own. But I think that's what I like about him.

All in all, I say he is easily one of the more memorable villains  :)

Bruton the Iguanodon

I found something interesting about him on the wiki though:

Rinkus is at first shown to be the more humorous of the trio, as well as seeming rather giddy with his own ideas. He also first appears cowardly under Pterano's temper; however during Pterano's song "Very Important Creature", he is seen convincing Sierra (who seems altogether ready to kill Pterano immediately) that it would be in their own best interests to tolerate their leader long enough to be lead to their prize; as quoted: "Be patient, let him lead us to the stone." This reveals Rinkus to be more clever and more conniving than first presented and that his "cowardly" nature is just a deception.

So is his silliness all a cover then? Cause I originally saw him as a character like Strutt, and if it is...well, he's making a huge fool out of himself, really.

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
^ I thought he was just acting dumb to fool Pterano.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Curzon,Mar 28 2012 on  11:37 PM
^ I thought he was just acting dumb to fool Pterano.
This is what I think as well. His bumbling nature was a ploy to throw off Pterano. I also forgot to add that Rinkus is the one to smack Petrie out of the sky when he flies after the three of them when they first kidnap Ducky.

Sierra simply didn't need to hide his evilness because he wouldn't put up with any of Pterano's noble leader "crap".

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
LBTFan13, yes Rinkus is a very memorable villain. :)

The only thing i didn't like that he did in the movie was the "little gnat" incident with petrie where he slapped him to the ground.

I also like Rinkus because he doesn't show any dirty, nasty, fussy anger like Sierra does.  I LOVE him for his funny stuff/bumbling moments, (falling over the log!  :D  falling/landing on top of sierra with his fat belly/gut on top of him.  :D , him falling off the cliff, and the crash-landing at the cave before "very important creature".

I know that he's sneaky. As long as he didn't make any nasty remarks, or yell/make any threats to me,  we'd get along great.

(If i was an lbt rhamphorhynchus, i'd run right up to Rinkus and give him a long, warm hug, and become great friends with each other.  I'm shy and very nervous, too.) i'd love to be a rhamph and be friends/pals with him.  :D

Bottom line, I really like Rinkus and would love to be an lbt rhamphorhynchus, be friends, and pal around with each other.  :yes

Look at this drawing someone did on deviantart: see how nice he can look and be? http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/228...ightlight12.jpg

I know he was sneaky in "cold fire" with the plotting...but....i just.....i see....friendliness in him. And i'm sure he'd say "yes" if I shyly/nervously flew up to him and asked if I could be friends with him.

He's an lbt villain, a very memorable villain, but he's not a sharptooth, and he wouldn't make constant fusses/threats at me (like Sierra) I would trust Rinkus, too. I'd be as nice to him as I could be if i ever got the chance to meet him.

*sigh* I love Rinkus.  :)  I'm a big fan of him, and i'll always like him.

Bruton the Iguanodon

His bumbling nature was a ploy to throw off Pterano.

Which is another reason I can't say I like him a lot. If he was a sincerely bumbling sidekick villian like Strut, then I'd think of him as, well, the funny villian and Sierra as the nasty one, like Ozzy.

As it is, Rinkus isn't "Strut #2", as the film highly suggests a lot of the time. He's in some weird limbo between funny sidekick, and well...outright bad guy. And he's extremely creepy looking (I think).

So really, I think I would be honest if I said right now that Rinkus is my least favorite of the LBT villians---1), because he is the outright weirdest (both in appearence and nature), and 2), because while all the others were at least sincere about their villanous nature, he isn't.

Additionally, he is also my least faovirte of the flyer trio, with Sierra being at the top, and Pterano being in the middle.

I'm not saying this to offend Rinkus lovers like you, Jared. I'm just saying how I feel, and that I'm simply not one of them.

Also: if his stupid nature was a ploy, then did he actually let himself fall off the ledge?

And I just have to say this: for the longest time I thought Rinkus was a creepy old lady flyer cause he's pink!  :lol

Anyways, you like Rinkus and I like Sierra, and I think it would be cool if we both played the flyer we like in a live-action take on one of movie 7's scenes!

Unfortunately i don't think we live close together... :(

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
It's kinda funny, when I first heard Rinkus speak I thought "What! Pinky? Is that you?! :spit
I did think he was funny, but I like all of the flyer trio (Sierra in particular) and personally I'm glad that he isn't exactly like Strut because I think that each character should be somewhat unique.

Bruton the Iguanodon

If LBT ever is resurected and Rinkus is brought back, I'd want to see him acting with his true vicious nature and not the Strut-like bumbliness he apparently faigned for almost all of his screentime of 7. To symbolize this I think he should even be drawn more of an angry red shade, sort of like how they apparently made Hyp look softer to show his change (though I don't know for certain if this is the reason).

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I had to post here - I love this flyer! Definitely my favourite character. I love how pretty much everything about him, from his voice to his pink colour and bumbling, clumsy attitude makes it look like it he can get walked over so easily. But then towards the end, we see that he's actually a lot smarter than he lets on.

To symbolize this I think he should even be drawn more of an angry red shade, sort of like how they apparently made Hyp look softer to show his change (though I don't know for certain if this is the reason).

I like this idea. And it would be pretty funny if we could see him flipping between being evil and acting dumb to get what he wants more often.

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
I like Rinkus, while he may look a tad creepy sometimes I actually loved all the designs of the Flyer Trio.

Also, just to throw in my two cents. Rather than say he's hiding his true nature, I like to think that Rinkus is clever or conniving...but not smart, if that makes any sense. Sure he can think of a few sinister things here and there, but I don't think he could put together an entire plan and such. And while he's made nasty suggestions and hit Petrie, I don't thinks he's outright violent like Sierra.

Basically I think he just has moments of evil, followed by long periods off funny foolishness.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
I like Rinkus too, probably because his funny voice and personality, but at the same time a little scheming and persuasive  :DD

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Ludichris: Yes, like bushwacked... I love Rinkus's voice, pink color, and his bumbling clumsy attitude, and his funny personality. :)  :D  :lol

He's not plain, outright violent like Sierra is... yes he is clever.. I personally don't think he looks creepy. (but it's ok if you think he looks creepy. You have your own opinion.) Although personally, I don't think Rinkus looks creepy.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
The other thing I noticed about Rinkus was that he seemed to be more competent than Strut was, continuing my comparison between Rinkus and Sierra and Ozzy and Strut. Strut didn't really do anything to help Ozzy out, even though he did suggest that they throw Littlefoot off the Great Wall. Rinkus at least helped kidnap Ducky and plot to betray Pterano. Just another thought I had.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
He's not plain, outright violent like Sierra is.
That one I would question though. He is the one who suggests the use of violence to force Littlefoot to tell where the stone of Cold Fire landed. Unlike Sierra he was not in a fit of rage or with any motive for revenge at the time he suggested the use of violence. In the German translation of the movie he actually uses the word "torture" while making the throat slitting gesture. Also keep in mind that we are talking about violence against children rather than adults of the same age.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
I can't realy imagine him as a friend.Yes first he can be kind,but his personality is very  intriguing,he will easily betray you if he have other intrests.Also since his more smart than Sierra hi don't show his violance often,but that doesn't mean that he can't do ugly things if he have own reasons to do it.Overall,I think he only care about what is good for him.

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
He honestly never was a favorite of mine... But I do like the idea as how he was secretly the conniving one of the three. Rob Paulsen did a very nice job on voicing him.