The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Flyers of the Mysterious Beyond art

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
This thread is for artwork of the RP by the same name.

now for the long awaited drawing from Nintendoofah64...
http://nintendoofah64.deviantart.com/art/F...eyond-195022428

(I wish I could post the art directly but it doesn't work :cry )

Feel free to post your own :yes

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
You can post art directly, right click the image, click properties, then on the panel, copy the full link and past that in between this
Code:  on  
[IMG]
and
Code:  on  
[/IMG]

Here ya go. :)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Impressive drawing Nintendoofah64.  I like the orange one. :D

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Wow! You did really an impressive job on the color gradient and light and shadow effects of the flyers (and it shows on the orange one in particular with the color of his belly differing from the rest of his body). Also making their thin wing membranes semi transparent worked out really well in the picture. This is some really excellent crayon work indeed :yes
When it comes to constructive criticism all I can say is that perhaps the wings are a bit too small to keep the large bodies airborn.
But really this is great work Nintendoofah64 :yes

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Nice job  :D  Impressive colouring and shading. Jrd89'll like this  :yes

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yes. I LOVE this. The flyer art is really coming in, now. and i'm very very happy.

oh, and here's one flipperboidskua did, back on New Year's Day for me. The "leaf bed" one. That should cover it. Now all the "flyers" drawings are on this thread now. Cool. (well, up to Jan. 27, 2011 that is.... ;) I know there'll be more to come )  http://flipperboidskua.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3656o6

Now, nintendoofah, I thank you for creating this thread, and your drawing and art style is great here in your picture. It's really cartoony, and the way you drew Rinkus is a HUGE improvement over the last Rinkus drawing you posted on Deviantart. I'm glad you even remembered our belly colors, too. :yes

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone :lol !

And to clear up any confusion

the pink flyer is Rinkus, the tan one is Jrd89, and the green one is Bushwacked. Im not in the story.

I used colored pencils for coloring and shading.

oh and if any one has suggestions for drawings I'll gladly accept them :yes

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
*Just bumping the topic*
Thank you for the art so far. I still love the 2 drawings.

I turned out beautiful in flipperboidskua's first one with me feeling how soft my leaf bed is. I look so innocent, happy, and friendly. And that's how i'd be in front of Rinkus.

(Today, I looked at a video online *It had the part where Rinkus falls off a rocky edge down to another lower cliff* I kept freezing the frames and looked at them while Rinkus falls, and there was one frame where he looks down with a small smile with one of his giant claws out...

(and it looked like he was ready to reach out of the screen and pull me in with him, I bet he'd say something like:

"C'm 'ere Jared. If you really wanna be my pal that bad, c'mon in. You can be friends wi' me. We'll 'ave a great time. Come on' don' be shy" And i'd grab Rinkus's pink claw, and he'd pull me in, and i'd instantly turn into a rhamphorhynchus and then i'd hang with him and we'd have so much fun!

And Nintendoofah: I saw your "Rinkus Kong" picture. That was a good one. The only problem was you gave him 4 claws on each hand. Rinkus (like most flyers) has 3 claws on each hand. But other than that, you did a good job.

Have you guys been reading the story, lately? Me and Luke just left the cave to go fly around with Pterano and Rinkus while Sierra stays behind still sleeping in the cave. They're going to show me and Luke around a little bit. Y'know, to help us get more acquainted with the area and show us a few neat places, too. I also wanted to talk to Rinkus some more and let him know how friendly and nice of a fellow rhamphorhynchus ( or long-tail) that I am..

Rinkus is so much fun and very funny.. So, why don't I talk to him more often and be very nice and kind to him? (He's my FAVORITE!)

Also: (Guys, did you like the part where I farted in the story?)

I just wanted to add something funny, that's all. I thought that farting would be funny. After all, I am a lazy rhamphorhynchus in the story. Did you want me to stop the farting, or keep it in. Because I am one lazy, stinky flyer in the story, and I like reading that. But, I don't want to gross you out too much here.

(I can't believe I woke Rinkus up. He smelled my stinky fart and that was enough to get him awake.)

Now then, if any of you would like to post any more "Flyers" art... feel free to.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Awww~ That is one wonderful drawing! :wub: Thanks for sharing and keeo up the good work!  :)

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thanks, Sky. I LOVE Nintendoofah's drawing.. I look SO HAPPY!!

I'm glad you like the drawings. I love them, too and they're very sweet.

Soo...

You're a microraptor and like to have fun with Guido..

And i'm a tan, blue-eyed rhamphorhynchus hanging out and having fun with my pink pal, Rinkus  :D  :D

(He needed a buddy after getting slapped and bossed a little by Pterano... not to mention getting shoved a couple times by Sierra in "Cold Fire" )

Now i'm with him (along with bushwacked *Luke*... the rhamphorhynchus on the bottom of the picture..)

Rinkus sure does LIKE me... doesn't he?

See? I've been nice and kind to him so far in the story, and he's being nice and inviting right back to me!  :yes  I've made him happy and friendly. Yay!

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I also think your artstyle is very good for being hand drawn.  Please keep it up so we can see more of your work.

:angel

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hey, guys. Just bumping the topic..I'm really in a happy upbeat mood. I got to watch LBT7 on my dvd today... Now I love Rinkus more than ever..

His belly looks even bigger and fatter on the bigger t.v. screen than on the smaller computer monitor...

I also learned something new (it's been 8 years since i last watched it, so I learned some new stuff

Sierra is afraid of lightning...I saw him get startled and say "AHH!" in one scene where he and Rinkus and Pterano were flying in the rain on their way to the cave when there was a flash of lightning that startled him...
I would think that a mean, rough and tough flyer like him wouldn't be afraid of anything.

So, guys..if you wanted to post any new drawings from the fanfic, feel free to.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
*Giving the "Flyers" art topic another update bump* I'd love to see any new character art for "flyers of the mysterious beyond" if any of you are interested. It could be anything...   Me (Jared), Luke, Rinkus, Artie, Pterano, Petrie, Harper, Roger.... y'know.. whoever. ;)

just bumping the thread. "Flyers" has really slowed down in the past few months. I'd hate to end my adventure with Luke, Rinkus, Pterano, Artie and the other flyers, now.  :(

The story is still "alive".   I'm not calling it a dead rp, yet. ;) It's a great story, especially for flyer fans. (I even got a comment that they appreciated that Rinkus was a spotlight character, and not a small, minor, "side" character.   I love Rinkus so much, just as much as Petrie, Harper, Pterano, and Artie.  And Luke's been a great buddy with me in the story, too. He's a fun character.