The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

7 Dinos and a Human

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Apologies if this chapter seems a bit rushed. I did have a bit trouble on this chapter of what to put in next. However, things should get better in the next one! So I'll try to improve as much as I can! Until then, enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 6

The kids were taking me around the Great Valley and showing me what it is like. And, well... what else can you say? The Valley is beautiful. In fact, more like a paradise. Wait, didn’t I already say that one place in this world was a paradise? The place where I crash-landed? Nevertheless, this place is definitely where you would want to call this home. Now, THIS is a vacation. The kids shown me different things in the Valley, like where they play, where they rest, and what games they play and how they play them.

For example, Toss the Seed. There are two teams. The objective is to toss the seed (hence the name) to your opponents to get them out. The opponents have to avoid getting hit by the seed. Then it is the opponent’s turn to do the same. Rinse and repeat. It is actually a prehistoric version of the sport, Dodgeball. But I am not going to lie, that is actually pretty innovative.

There are other games they play such as Tag, Swimmer and Splasher, The Pointy Seed Game, Sharptooth Attack, and more.

After the tour, we decided to have a sit down on the ground near a tree and have a conversation.

“So what you think of Great Valley, Callum?” Petrie asked me.

“As you can tell on my face, I absolutely love it here.”

“We knew you would love it here because everyone in the Great Valley loves it here.” Said Ruby.

“Indeed. I could not ask for a better welcome.”

“So how did you get to this world, Callum?” asked Littlefoot. The other kids looked at me, interested to what I was going say from that question.

............Damn it! I don’t remember! But why? It’s like the time Darkrai made me lose my memories by that attack he did to me while me and Grovyle were traveling through time! Oh, well, it will come back soon enough. At least it’s not worse than the time travel attack I already mentioned before.

“Unfortunately, I cannot remember how I got here.”

“Oh dear.” Said Ruby with a worried voice.

“But I can tell you what happened when I found myself in this world.”

The kids nodded their heads.

“OK, then. I crash landed at somewhere. When I got up, I saw some tress around, no danger in sight. As I had a look around, I found a waterfall, a tree with some grapes on, and as I went up a mountain, I saw a big view, and it looked fantastic. Then, I heard you kids scream. I must have landed at the Mysterious Beyond. And surprisingly, there were no sharpteeth around.”

“So, you landed in the Mysterious Beyond?” asked Cera, a bit shocked.

“That is not good, oh no, no, no.” Said Ducky.

“To agree, yes. Not the best place to land on my first day here in this world. Well, half to be honest. The place I went through was beautiful. Too bad it was found in a dangerous place known as the Mysterious Beyond.”

“You said you saw a tree with “grapes” on. What are grapes?” Littlefoot asked, saying like he never saw a grape before.

I then became puzzled. They don’t know what a grape is?

“Well, grapes are like purple things that you eat and they are juicy and delicious.”

The kids then looked at each other, then figured out what I was saying.

“Sweet Bubbles!”

Sweet Bubbles? Is that the name of the fruit I ate? Or is that the prehistoric name of the word, grape? Guess so.

“Oh, I love Sweet Bubbles! They are my favourite!” Ruby said with a smile, like she wanted to have a grape.

I think I remember I took ten grapes with me and they are in my storage unit. They are still in there. And don’t worry. They are still fresh. They are in the food part of the storage unit. Think of it as a fridge.

“Well, luckily for you all, I have ten of them with me!”

“You do?!” Ruby smiled widened.

“Can we have one? Please?” Littlefoot asked. All the kids looked at me.

Those eyes. How could I possibly say no to them?

I was pretending to feel like I was having a heart attack. “Okay, you all can have one! Just please stop trying to kill me with your cuteness!”

The kids started to giggle, saying I was funny. Yes, I can be a comedy person sometimes too, you know.

The grapes came out of the storage unit. “Besides, I did say I have ten grapes or “Sweet Bubbles” that you all call them, with me. So, there is just no point having them all to myself, so here ya go!” I gave one grape to each of the dinos. They eagerly ate the grape they held. I guess it must be their favourite treat. I ate one of the grapes.

There were two left. Who was going to have the last two? That is the question.

“It seems there are two left. Who’s gonna have ëem?” I said.

Littlefoot said, “Why don’t we let you decide? We don’t mind. Right, guys?”

The kids went “Mm-hmm.” while nodding their heads.

“Hmm, that’s a really difficult one. “I don’t know which two to choose. It just pains me to leave the others out.”

“Don’t worry. We don’t mind. Besides, there are more Sweet Bubbles on a tree near the lake. They can be eaten tomorrow.” Littlefoot replied.

“Oh, good, that saves my brain from exploding. Hmm... how about... Littlefoot and Ruby?”

I gave the last two grapes to Littlefoot and Ruby.

“Thanks!” They both said and ate their grapes.

“Anytime.” I then turned to the others. “Sorry if you five didn’t get the last two.” I apologized.

“That is okay. We do not mind, no, no, no.” Ducky kindly replied. Spike nodded his head, agreeing with Ducky.

Cera then said, “Like Littlefoot said, there are some Sweet Bubbles at the lake we can have next day.”

“And that helps a lot.”

We continued having the conversation. After minutes passed, we then found realized that the sun setting behind the rocky cliffs.

“Isn’t the Bright Circle beautiful when it sets?” said Ruby.

The Bright Circle? I guess that’s the prehistoric way they say the word “sun.”

“In our time, we call it the sun.”

“The sun?” Chomper asks in a puzzled way.

“You all say words which are different compared to ours. Like before, you call grapes “sweet bubbles.”

“Wow! That is very interesting, it is, it is!” said Ducky.

Littlefoot then had an idea. “Hey! Maybe you can tell us some new words on our adventures!”

“Uh, sure. I’ll tell you all I know.” I replied. “And Ruby, yes, the “Bright Circle is indeed beautiful when it sets.”

We continued to gaze at the sunset. Cera then said, “You already know this, but we were really amazed that you beat Red Claw and his Fast Biters.”

“Why? Is he that tough to beat?” I asked.

Ruby then said, “It’s because that Red Claw is the biggest, meanest, and most ferocious sharptooth of them all!”

Petrie started to get scared. “Ooo, that sharptooth is scary!”

I then replied, “Really? I thought he was not so tough as he thought. Or maybe I’m not an easy target. Or he’s never seen my kind before.”

Littlefoot agreed with me. “You could be right on those two guesses.”

Cera then said “But that still doesn’t change the fact that he is still the meanest sharptooth of all.”

Heh. That sharptooth didn’t even learn from his mistakes when he tried to stomp me with his feet and I kept dodging his stomps. I bet he is so dumb he can’t even count to three like a certain game company.

“So what makes him so dangerous? Does he have some special ability that he can only do while other sharpteeth can not?”

Chomper said “When Red Claw is around, he can find us with his sniffer by sniffing us out.” Sniffer must be the prehistoric word for nose.

“Okay, using sniffer (or nose) for sensing its food. Anything else he has?”

“He almost runs fast like us. And we always get found by him.” said Ducky.

Cera continued “We can hide if we are lucky enough.”

“Big giant T.Rex almost runs fast as you all along with quick finding. Gotcha. Anything else?”

Littlefoot then said, “He has his Fast-Biters, Screech and Thud to help him.”

“Raptor minions with him. Okay.”

“Ruby finished with “And that’s why all those things show that Red Claw is the...”

“...biggest, meanest and most ferocious sharptooth ever in the Mysterious Beyond!” the kids said altogether with Ruby.

“So that’s why Red Claw is the most feared one. Sensitive sniffer, almost runs at normal running speed, and has his raptor assistants with him.” The kids nodded saying I was correct.

Now I know. And knowing is half the battle.

Which raptor was which one though? I had to ask. “Just to help me here, those fast biters, which one is Screech and which one is Thud?”

Littlefoot replied “Screech is the blue one and Thud is the green one.”

“Thanks. Just needed to know.”

We continued to gaze at the sunset while continuing to socialize.  Later on, night had came. The moon was shining bright. We focused our eyes on it.

“Night Circle so beautiful.” Commented Petrie.

“In our time we call it the moon.”

We kept gazing at the moon. As Petrie already said, the moon looked beautiful. It was shining bright like a sparkling diamond along with the stars.

The kids then started to yawn and feel sleepy. They must be tired after that long chase from those carnivores.

“That sharptooth chase must have made you all tired, huh?” I asked them.

“It has been a very long day, it has, it has.” replied Ducky with a sleepy tone. Spike agreed with her.

Littlefoot said, “We should go get some rest so we can have enough energy to play again tommorow.”

The kids agreed with him.

I realized something coming out of my head. “I haven’t even planned whereabouts to sleep yet.”

“You could sleep with me and my grandparents.” suggested Littlefoot.

“Yeah, good idea. I’d like that. But... what if it starts raining sometime? Though I doubt that will happen, but still.”

The kids looked at me confused. I guess they don’t know the word “rain.”

“Rain means pouring water from the sky.”

The kids said, altogether, “Skywater.” So, skywater is other word for rain. Not too cryptic.

“OK, so what if “skywater” starts and I need to stay inside somewhere?”

“Why? Don’t you like skywater?” Petrie asked.

“I don’t mind rain. I can take rain anyday. It’s because I don’t sleep outside when it is raining. Not only I can’t get to sleep because of water pouring on, but also it’s too cold to my body to handle.”

Chomper then said “You could sleep in the Secret Caverns if it does! Me and Ruby sleep there!”

“Then that’s settled. Thanks, kids.” I said. These kids are awesome. No joke.

“Alright, let’s get some rest. Good night, guys!” Littlefoot said to the others.

The other kids said their good nights as they went back to their homes. I followed Littlefoot to his home. On the way, I found out the Great Valley is beautiful even at night. So peaceful. I love that.

We had made it to Littlefoot’s home where his Grandparents are waiting.

“Hi Grandma. Hi Grandpa.” Littlefoot said to his grandparents. They turned their heads to us.

“Hello, Littlefoot. And hello to you too, Callum.” Said Littlefoot’s grandfather with a smile.

“Hey there, Mr. Longneck.” I replied back with a polite voice. “If that’s what I should call you.”

“Just Grandpa Longneck will do fine. Everyone in the Valley, regardless if they related, are welcome to call me that.” Grandpa Longneck replied.

“And you can call me Grandma.” Littlefoot’s grandmother said. Or should I say, Grandma Longneck.

“Understood. I will remember that.”

“You two have come back early. Are you both tired?” asked Grandpa.

“Yeah. We have been through a lot after we’ve been through the Mysterious Beyond being chased by Red Claw.” Littlefoot replied. Then he started to yawn.

“That yawn pretty much describes it.” I commented.

“Callum is here so he could sleep with us.” Said Littlefoot.

“If you don’t mind.” I said.

“We don’t mind at all. You can sleep with us anytime.” Said Grandpa Longneck with a kind smile.

I love the Great Valley. It’s like Equestria, except they are dinosaurs instead of ponies. These dinos are such kind residents and they welcomed me with open arms. I just love the dinos that live here. Except that Triceratops, whose name is Mr. Threehorn. He really has anger issues.

“Thank you for being such a dear friend. What more could I ask for than to have great dinosaurs like you all?”

“You’re very welcome.” Said Grandma Longneck with a smile and gave me a face nuzzle on my face. “Now let’s get some sleep.”

I started to lie down on my back with my head on my hands, while Littlefoot started to sit down and curled his tail around himself. I could not help but find him adorable when he does that.

“Good night, Littlefoot and Callum. Sleep well.”  Said Grandma and Grandpa Longneck as they went to sleep.

“Good night, Grandma and Grandpa.” Littlefoot said to his grandparents.

“Have a nice rest.” I said to them.

I would tell my friends in Equestria with my communication device that I am ok, but I need some rest. After all, my day has been long too, for some reason. “Good night, Littlefoot.”I said to him, as I started to close my eyes and rest for the night.

Littlefoot looked at me, then scooted closer to me giving me more comfort.

“Have nice sleep stories, Callum.” He said while smiling, as he started to close his eyes and went to sleep. There was a lot of fun starting for us tomorrow.

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Great chapter, i felt the emotion: happiness coming out of the story! :)
The universe has a beginning, but no end. —Infinite.
The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline.  —Finite.
It the wise who are the most foolish. History has taught us as much.
The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.
It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.
- Steins;Gate (anime / visual novel)

retrorobby

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.retrorobby.com
Quote from: jorrdy12,Jun 11 2016 on  05:17 PM
Great chapter, i felt the emotion: happiness coming out of the story! :)
Couldn't agree more.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
How is everyone enjoying my story so far?

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
^^spike

I'm enjoying the story; can't wait for the next chapter. I love Land Before Time stories with humans in them.

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: CybertronianBrony,Jun 14 2016 on  02:13 PM
How is everyone enjoying my story so far?
Enjoying it greatly.
The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline.  —Finite.
The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.
It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I have returned! Here is Chapter 7! Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 7

It was morning. The sun started to rise from the rocky cliffs. I was the first one to get up from my slumber. I looked around, knowing I am still in the Great Valley. And, as usual, it looked beautiful. At day, at night, at evening, any type. The sun was shining bright. It is indeed a bright and sunny day today. "I love it when weather is like this. It's just perfect." I commented to myself.

Littlefoot’s grandparents got up next. They raised their necks off the ground. “Good morning.” I said to them.

They turned their heads to me with a smile. “Good morning, Callum.”

“Nice sunny day, eh?”

Littlefoot’s grandparents looked at me in confusion. “Sunny? What does that mean?” Grandma Longneck asked curiously.

“Apologies if I didn’t tell you this yet.” I said to them. “We say words in different ways. For example, in this time you all call it the Bright Circle, but in my time, we call it the sun. Here are a few more examples. In this time, you call it skywater, but in my time, we call it rain. You call them sweet bubbles, we call them grapes. You call it the Night Circle, we call it the moon. You get the idea.”

They were fascinated by what I said.

Littlefoot got up next. He started to yawn while waking from his sleep. “Good morning, Littlefoot.” His grandparents said to him while smiling.

Littlefoot’s eyes widened then stood up and turned his face to his grandparents. “Good morning, Grandma! Good morning, Grandpa!” he said with enthusiasm in his face and voice. He’s got a lot of energy right now.

“Hey there, little buddy.” I said to Littlefoot. He turned his head to me.

“Good morning, Callum!” he said to me with a happy tone. “Did you sleep well?”

“Yup. I slept perfectly, all thanks to the peaceful night and you all for keeping me company.” I said.

“You’re welcome.” said Littlefoot. “We all want to make sure you have a great time at the Valley.”

“And you all sure are doing a dandy good job at that. I love it!” I replied with a bit of fun in my voice.”

“Come on, you two, it’s time to find our breakfast.” Said Grandpa Longneck said. I followed the longnecks to find our breakfast with Littlefoot walking right beside me. I wonder what breakfast is going to be? I had to wait to find out.

It didn’t take too long until the longnecks stopped at a tall tree filled with green leafs which are shaped like stars. Grandpa Longneck shook the tree with his foot making the leaves fall off the tree.

Littlefoot said happily “Treestars!” Treestars, eh? Nice name for it, since it IS a star shaped leaf.

“In our time we call them leaves.”

Grandpa Longneck passed over some “treestars” to me. The longnecks then started eating the treestars.

I guess our breakfast must be treestars. For dino herbivores, eating leaves is common but humans unfortunately can’t eat leaves like these herbivores can. So I had to tell them this to let them know.

“Um... pardon me for saying this but... I can’t eat treestars.”

Littlefoot and his grandparents turn their heads to me.

“Why? Don’t you like treestars?” asked Littlefoot curiously.

“It’s because humans can’t eat leaves like you dinosaurs can. So that means I can’t eat these. Apologies if I made you all mad... if you are.”

“Why would you think we are mad? Of course we’re not.” Said Grandma Longneck smiling.

Grandpa Longneck continued, “We understand that your type can’t eat treestars and that is fine. Everyone has different tastes. But there may be something in the Valley that you could eat.”

“Well, if there is any fruit around, that would be nice. Humans can eat fruit, so yeah... if that’s ok.”

Littlefoot then smiled immediately. “Hey, Callum! Remember we said about the Sweet Bubbles that will grow on the tree ready to eat tommorow? Well, tommorow is today!”

Of course! The grapes! How did I forget? “Well, what do ya know! Why didn’t I remember that? Thanks for reminding me, Littlefoot!” I patted his head and he gave a giggle.

“Then the Sweet Bubbles or any other types of fruit can be your breakfast.” Said Grandpa Longneck smiling.

“Gotcha. I’ll wait until you’re finished eating. Then I’ll go find Sweet Bubbles.” I said to them. The longnecks continued eating their treestars. Littlefoot stopped eating again.

“Can I come with you? I could help you find the tree which has sweet bubbles.” asked Littlefoot.

“But of course. I did say I will wait until you are done. We can even meet up with your friends along the way. I’ll be right over there when you are ready to go.” I pointed to a rock.

“Thanks! I’ll be right there when I’m done!” Littlefoot said, then he continued to eat his treestar breakfast.

I went to the rock and I sat down on it, waiting for Littlefoot to finish eating. To pass the time, I hummed some tunes from 80s pop songs and music from retro games while looking at the view of the valley.

After about five minutes, Littlefoot finished his breakfast and came over.

“So, you’re ready?” I asked him.

“You bet I am! I’ll let Grandma and Grandpa know we’re going!” replied Littlefoot. He ran back to his grandparents as I followed him.

“Hi, Grandma and Grandpa! We’re ready to go play!” Littlefoot said to his grandparents.

“Alright, Littlefoot. But remember, Callum still needs his breakfast, so you’ll need to show him where the sweet bubbles are.” said Grandpa Longneck.

“I will, Grandpa.” Littlefoot replied.

“Well, Littlefoot, shall we be going?” I asked him. Not to be impatient or anything.

“Yeah! Okay, Grandma and Grandpa, see you later!” Littlefoot said.

“We’ll be back soon.” I continued.

“Have fun.” Grandma and Grandpa replied happily.

“Ok, Callum, let’s go!” Littlefoot said to me with enthusiasm in his voice.

“You got it.” I replied. We started to go find the sweet bubbles and Littlefoot’s friends. As we kept going, we chatted along the way.

“So, did you have any good sleep stories, Callum?”

“Sleep stories?”

“Yes, sleep stories. When you sleep, you have a story inside your head and it keeps going until you wake up. Is there another word for that?”

“Oh, yes, I know what you mean now. And yes, there is word for that in my time, and that word is called dreams.”

“Dreams?”

“Yes, dreams. And about your question about if I had a good one, yes. More of an action one, to be honest. My dream was about I was on a race track, racing in car, bike or jet mode against other ones. We were racing to see who finishes in first place. As I expected, I emerged victorious. What about you? What was your sleep story about?”

“I had a really happy one. We were on an island which looked like the Great Valley but much more beautiful. There was no vicious sharpteeth around. No Red Claw, Screech or Thud. There was only me and my friends. We all played together at the island through the rest of the sleep story.”

“Aww, that’s a sweet one.”

We kept going until we arrived at a tree near a pond which grapes on it. In other words, my breakfast. There were plenty of grapes on the tree. Lots and lots of ëem.

“Thanks for showing me where the grapes are, Littlefoot. Appreciate it.” I thanked him.

“You’re welcome. Will you be able to manage getting the sweet bubbles?”

“Of course. I have my foot boosters to help me fly up there.”

“Okay. While you go get the sweet bubbles, I’ll go gather my friends!”

“You go do that.”

Littlefoot then ran off to gather his friends. While he was doing that, I used my foot boosters to float up in the air to grab the grapes. I took about 20 grapes, landed gently back down on the ground, sat down and I ate the grapes. Not really filling, but hey, they are small grapes, so let it pass.

Few minutes passed, Littlefoot came back with his friends.

“Hi, Callum!” Littlefoot and his friends said to me.

“And hello to you too, kids.” I replied. “Are you all feeling much better now?”

“Oh yes, I feel much better after that nice sleep, I do, I do!” Ducky said. Spike nodded his head, showing he has been fully rested.

“I’ve been fully rested, full rested I have been! Nothing like a good sleep to help you get better after a stressful and tiring day!” said Ruby.

“Yeah, I am feeling much better too!” continued Chomper.

“Threehorns always get fully better after a night’s sleep.” Said Cera sticking her horn up in pride.

“Me all better too!” said Petrie while flying around.

“That’s good to hear. I have been fully rested as well.” I replied to them. I continued eating the grapes I held. The kids joined me by sitting down, then we started to socialize.

“Did you sleep well with Littlefoot and his grandparents?” asked Chomper.

“Yup. Slept like a tree.”

The kids started to giggle a little.

I put another grape in my mouth. “Man, these grapes are so juicy! I love them!” Words said it for me.

“Sweet Bubbles must be your favourite thing to eat, huh?” Chomper said.

“Well actually, these grapes I am holding are my breakfast. But yes, these grapes are just too good to resist.”

“You haven’t had any breakfast yet?” asked Ducky.

“No I haven’t. But now I am. These grapes are my breakfast today. Don’t worry, I will leave lots of grapes out for you all to have as well.”

“Why didn’t you have treestars for your breakfast?” asked Cera.

“Why do you ask? Do you all always have treestars to start the day?”

“Well, yes.” Replied Cera.

“I know that was a stupid question to ask, but it was just to make sure. As for your question, I can’t eat treestars (or leaves as my time says it) like you guys can.”

“Why can’t you? Are treestars bad for your type?” Ruby asked.

“Well, no. My type just can’t eat them like you all can, for some reason. You see, I am an omnivore.”

The kids looked at me puzzled. “What is an... omnivore?” asked Ducky.

“An omnivore is a mixture between herbivore and carnivore. Herbivores are plant eaters while carnivores are meat eaters.

The kids gasped. “Wait, so you’re meat eater too?” asked Petrie in a scared tone.

“Yes. But don’t worry. My type doesn’t eat dinosaur meat, if that is what you all are referring to. Dinosaur meat would be too disgusting for me to eat, anyway. I am half a meat eater. Humans need to eat meat in order to survive and get protein. Since I am an omnivore, I also eat vegetation like fruit and vegetables. Some humans are vegetarian, meaning they can survive without meat. And to be honest, I prefer vegetables more.” The kids sighed in relief while they nodded their heads, understanding what I said to them.

“Well, it’s good to see another good meat eater on our side.” Commented Cera.

“And fruit and vegetable eater as well.” I corrected her.

“Your kind is really fascinating, Callum. I could learn a lot from you, because I am interested to learn a lot from you!” said Ruby.

“Oh, please. I ain’t that special.” The kids looked at me with smiles on their faces.

“Ok... I am kind of special, because I am the only human that has transforming powers.”

“More than that. You are a hero, you are, you are!” continued Ducky as Spike nodded his head.

“I am just doing what I think is right.” I said as I finished the last grape from my hand.

We continued having the conversation. After a few minutes, Littlefoot started to stand up.

“Who’s ready to go play in the pond?” he asked.

All the kids stood up instantly and agreed.

“What about you, Callum? Do you want to come play in the pond with us?” Littlefoot asked me.

“Well, I’m not really keen on getting wet, but I’ll go in and have some fun for a change. After all, I need a break anyways. Just give me a second.” I took my shirt off. The kids were shocked.

The kids started to gasp immediately. “What did you do to your skin?” Chomper asked in a fright.

“Huh? Oh, that was not my skin. That was my t-shirt. I had to take it off because humans don’t normally wear them when going in the water. The shorts should be fine to wear though. And before you all ask, don’t worry. I’m not hurt.” I said to them.

The kids sighed in relief.

Littlefoot then said. “You had us worried there for a second, Callum. Is the pinky cream colour your true skin and the others not real skin?”

“You guessed right. This is what humans wear. We call them clothes. We wear clothes to protect our skin from temperatures and weather, hot and/or cold.”

The kids nodded their heads, understanding the words I just said.

“What about that thing you use to... trans... form?” asked Ducky, while trying to say the word correctly.

“Yep, transform. And no, the transformer suit is not clothing. Instead, it is a, said, suit. I use this to fight for justice as I already explained before.”

Again, the kids understood by nodding their heads.

“So, the transformer suit is not your skin, your clothes are not your skin, but the pinky cream colour is your skin, right?” asked Ruby, making sure she herself was correct.

“Correct. Well, now that explanation is settled, what do you all say we go play in the pond as we planned?” I said to them.

“Yeah!” replied the kids enthusiastically.

“Then let’s go!” The kids started jumping in the water as I followed them in. The kids were laughing while playing around. I was having lots of fun. I know I am not a kid anymore, but I couldn’t help but enjoy this. In my eyes, I always say I’m still kid no matter what.

Just then, someone splashed me. “Hey! Who did that? I want names!” I said with some fun in my voice while laughing. I started to turn around to find out who splashed me.

It was Littlefoot, Cera, Chomper and Ruby who did that. "Oop, we made him mad now." said Cera.

“Bet you can’t catch us!” said Chomper, as they ran off while laughing.

“Oh, it’s on now! I’m coming for you!” I laughed and I started to chase them.

We kept playing in the pond, enjoying ourselves and having fun.

retrorobby

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Well I gotta say. This chapter was indeed a good one. I like how this chapter was comparing a lot of things between both words.

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: retrorobby,Jun 20 2016 on  01:13 PM
Well I gotta say. This chapter was indeed a good one. I like how this chapter was comparing a lot of things between both words.
Can't agree more.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
It has been a while since I have been updating this story. I apologize if I kept you all waiting. I was taking a break from typing so I could focus on my drawings and think of ideas for my stories and series.

But now I am back, baby!

So you may be asking, "When will the next chapter be out?" Well, that is unknown. Should not take longer than a few days, though! Or more. Whatever the case, I'll do my best to not dissapoint!

Feel free to ask any other questions.

retrorobby

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: CybertronianBrony,Jul 2 2016 on  06:33 PM
It has been a while since I have been updating this story. I apologize if I kept you all waiting. I was taking a break from typing so I could focus on my drawings and think of ideas for my stories and series.

But now I am back, baby!

So you may be asking, "When will the next chapter be out?" Well, that is unknown. Should not take longer than a few days, though! Or more. Whatever the case, I'll do my best to not dissapoint!

Feel free to ask any other questions.
Take your time on making the next chapter. We will be here waiting for it.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Exactly there's no rush take your time on the next one.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
First off, a quick word to everyone who is reading this.

Please read the info below first.

----------------------------------------------

I am so sorry for such a long wait. I was busy with so much things to finish.

Also, another reason that took me so long to finish is because it is hard to think and/or figure out what to put next in your own story, as well as describing, explanations, and using different or uncommon words in your story.

You know some fanfic writers are good because they read many books and they also learn and put in many different and non-commonly used words in?

What I am saying is... I don't read books.  In fact, I am not much of a book reader. And I am so sorry. And I am not so sorry. In fact, I have never read any books for a long time! What the hell is wrong with me?

I do, however, find out new words via the internet.

Again, sorry for the wait. I am not a very good experienced writer. I do try my best to make it as good as possible though. I hope you all understand.

Anyways, enjoy... I guess...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After about 40 minutes of playing in the pond, we got out, sat down beside the tree and began to take a breather.

“Well, that was enjoyable. I haven’t done this in quite a long time.” I commented.

“We always love playing in the pond. We do, we do!” replied Ducky. Spike nodded his head in agreement.

“We’ll play some more later after when we had our sit down.” Littlefoot said.

I then said, “Well, if that’s okay. My shorts need to dry out. Luckily the sun is so hot in this time, it should dry the shorts quicker.”

While resting, we began to socialize again. Just then, two pink triceratops came over, an adult and a baby.

“Hello, kids!” said the adult triceratops while smiling.

The kids turned their heads to the two threehorns. “Hi, Tria!” they replied.

The triceratops then turned her head to me. “Well, hello there! You must the new one who saved our kids and is now staying in the Great Valley.”

“Yeah, Tria! He is one amazing guy! Meet Callum, a human!” Cera introduced me to Tria then turned her head to me. “Callum, this is my step mother, Tria and my baby half-sister, Tricia.”

“It’s nice to meet you, ma’am.” I said to Tria while bowing my head then turned my head to the baby triceratops, Tricia, while giving a smile. “And you too, little guy.”

The baby triceratops giggled and began to run to my knee, nuzzling it, while waging her tail. Oh, God! Cuteness overload! My heart cannot withstand it! The kids started to give out an aww.

“It seems Tricia likes you, Callum.” Cera complemented.

I pretended I felt like I was unable to move.

“Uh, Callum... are you okay?” asked Chomper curiously. The other kids went to me to see what was wrong.

“Guys... you never told me she was going to be this darned adorable.” I said to them.

The kids began to giggle. Soon they had an idea in their heads. They looked at each other knowing they all have the same idea. They smiled sneakily and decided to do it all together.

“Oh, we’ll show you adorable.” Littlefoot said in a playful tone. The kids went in front of me, then they began to gaze at me with their most adorable faces I have ever seen with sparkly eyes and smiles.

Oh... God... Never have I seen such cuteness in my life. I grabbed my chest, pretending to feel I was having a heart attack. “Hnnnngggg!” I fell to the ground, then put my hand up while saying, “I am dead. Not big surprise.”

The kids began to laugh at my performance. Tria and Tricia gave a giggle as well.

“Well, that was something different.” Tria commented. Tricia giggled in agreement.

I got back up from my “dead” state. “Seems my acting, or pretending skills really paid off, huh?”

Tria answered “It indeed has.”

“Callum is one funny guy, isn’t he?” commented Chomper.

I replied “I try not to disappoint.”

“Well, it is a pleasure to meet you and I do hope you continue to enjoy your stay in the Valley. And thank you for saving our kids from those dreaded sharpteeth.” Tria said to me.

“Thanks. Just doing my duty.”

“What are you doing here, anyways, Tria?” asked Cera, curious.

“Tricia is hungry so we came here to get some food for her. We thought some sweet bubbles from that tree could make her happy.”

The moment she said those words, I decided to give her a hand. “Allow me.” I used my foot boosters to float up to the height where the grapes are on the tree. I grabbed five grapes, floated back down then gave the grapes to Tria. “Order up!”

Tria did not expect me to do that but then started to smile. “Oh, um... thank you very much.”

“Anytime. Is that enough or do you want more?”

“No, that’s quite alright. That should fill her up. You really are a big help.”

“No problem. Just thought I’d make myself useful.”

Tricia began to run round me in circles while giggling. I presume she must be saying “Thank you.” I bent down my knees. “You’re welcome, Tricia.” I said as I started to stroke her. Tricia is just so adorable.

Just then, a voice came out and was walking towards Tria. “Tria? Have you found some food for Tricia?” It was that grumpy triceratops I met yesterday. He wasn’t grumpy as before though. In fact, he’s much more calm now.

“Yes, we have. We got her some sweet bubbles from the tree. But it wasn’t us who done it. It was Callum over here, who was a big help.”

The triceratops then turned his head to me and his face turned to grumpy again.

“Humph... it’s you.” he asked me in a angry tone.

I replied sarcastically “Nice to see you too.”

He then asked “What are you doing here? Are you bothering our kids?”

Cera then said “No he isn’t, dad. We were having a fun time with him.” So, I was right. It was indeed Cera’s dad. And already I feel bad for Cera since she has a hot tempered father. Maybe his dad is over protective of his daughter and his family or maybe he always likes or wants to get things his way. Regardless, it’s annoying. Well, the first one isn’t that annoying, but still.

Littlefoot then said “We had fun talking to each other and we played together in the pond. He even got the sweet bubbles from the trees for Tricia as Tria already said.”

Cera’s dad then turned his head to me. I said to him, “It’s true. Want me to prove it?”

The triceratops began to scoff, “HA! And you expect me to believe that?”

After what he said, I replied, “I’ll take that as a yes.” I floated up to height of the grapes on the tree with my foot boosters. I took a grape off the tree and ate it. “Tasty.” The Triceratops looked at me in disbelief. I said to him, “Well? Not only I have shown you my power by chopping a rock in two you saw yesterday, but I’ve also shown you I can fly with my foot boosters as you can see here. Is there anything else you want me to demonstrate to you, or have you seen enough?”

“Well... um... I... I still don’t trust you!”

It seemed like he is defending himself or he was trying to change the subject. “Whatever do you mean you don’t trust me? Is there something you don’t like about me?” I asked him as I floated back down to the ground.

“I just don’t trust you! It’s just not safe with you here!”

“Don’t say that, Topsy. I think Callum here is a very kind and polite boy. After all, he saved our kids, remember?” Tria said to his mate.

“Well... yes, that’s true... but I still don’t trust you!”

I crossed my arms in annoyance. I really have no clue why he still doesn’t trust me.

Tria decided to break the arguement. “Well anyway, Topsy, we got we came here for. Shall we get going and leave the kids and our guest to what they were doing?”

Cera’s dad knew she was right. “Well... okay. Come along, Tricia.” The baby triceratops ran towards her father. He then turned his face to me one more time. “I’ve got my eye on you, human.”

I replied, “And I’ve got my eye on you, good sir.”

And with that, he gave a humph and started to leave. Tria said to me in a quieter voice, “Don’t take what he says to heart. He actually does trust you. He just doesn’t want to admit it.”

“So he’s always like this, huh?”

Tria nodded his head. “Unfortunately, yes. His temper can get on everyone’s nerves sometimes. But I still love Topsy no matter what.”

I turned my head to Cera. “Do you get annoyed by his tempers?”

Cera replied, “Sometimes, yes. He’s just doing what he can to protect the Great Valley. But I still love my dad.”

“I understand, Cera. Hopefully he’ll get used to me being around.” Though I doubt that.

“Well, see you around, Callum. Take care of yourself.” Tria said to me.

I replied while bowing, “You too, ma’am.”

Tria finally said my dino friends, “See you later, kids!“

The kids replied back “Bye, Tria!” And with that, she left with Tricia following her.

“Well, that went well. Despite the anger from Threehorn himself.”

Ducky then said, “It’s okay, Callum. Don’t be sad about what Mr. Threehorn says about you. We are your friends, we are, we are.” Spike nodded his head in agreement.

“Yeah! We will always be your friend.” continued Chomper.

I replied “And it’s great to have friends like you all.” After all, friendship is magic.

We then went in the pond again, continuing and enjoying our fun, splashing and running around. After about 30 minutes passed, we heard our stomachs growl.

“My stomach is talking.” giggled Ducky.

Petrie remarked. “So is mine.”

I then stated, “It seems our stomachs need feeding. So what do you say we get some food?”

My dino friends nodded their heads. Without further ado, we went to get something to eat. My dino friends had grapes and treestars except Chomper who had bugs. I know, gross. But he’s a carnivore, so let it slide. As for me, I had the grapes.

After we had our food, we had a sit down to let our food go down our bodies. So to pass the time, we sat under the tree and we started to socialize.

Littlefoot began to ask, “So what games should we play later once our bodies are settled?”

“The Pointy Seed game!” Chomper said.

“We could play Tag!” Petrie thought.

“How about Toss the Seed?” Ruby suggested.

Littlefoot settled the discussion. “Good ideas, guys! What about you, Callum? What game do you want to play?”

“I don’t mind. But I think I’ll watch for now.”

Cera decided to give me a tease. She said to me while smirking “Because you’re lazy.”

“Cera!” Littlefoot scolded.

“Nah, Cera’s right. I can be lazy sometimes, and I just can’t help but need it. After all, being a hero can be exhausting sometimes. So I rest myself to get better, and it just feels good.” I started to lie down on my back with my head on my arms.

Ducky went towards me. “I do not blame you, Callum. It is nice to feel lazy and rest sometimes, it is, it is.”

“Indeed. When you feel the need for relaxation and rest, just lie down, then relax and rest. Just let it go, man, let it go.”

My dino pals began to giggle at my impression. “You sure do make us laugh, Callum.” Cera commented.

I replied back with an Elvis Presley impression. “Why thank you, thank you very much.” The kids began to giggle even more. I doubt an dino incarnation of Elvis would exist in this world, but even people who don’t know that singer will find that voice pretty charming and funny to listen to.

After socializing, or should I say, having the discussion, the kids started to play one of the games, which was Toss the Seed. I was watching them having their fun. They were in 2 teams, team 1 was Littlefoot, Ruby and Chomper, while team 2 was Cera, Ducky and Petrie. As for Spike, he was eating some treestars. The game has just started, and each team were playing to prove which team is the best. But it wasn’t a serious competition, this game was just for fun.

I was resting my head on the tree. Watching those kids laughing and having fun gives me a smile. But then something came into my head. “Wait a second... Oh, I almost forgot! I have to let my friends in Equestria know I am okay! Sometimes my brain doesn’t like to function properly. But... wait a minute. Maybe it’s because I am having such a good time here, I forgot! I can’t blame anyone but myself! Oh, well. Better late than never.”
I got my communication device out of my storage unit and put it on my arm like a watch. I pressed one of the buttons to make it turn on. The device somehow... did not seem to want to respond. “Huh?” I pressed it again. But nothing happened. “Something’s wrong here...” I pressed it one more time. Again, no response. “What’s wrong with you? Something broken?” I could be right. Since it was not responding, it could be damaged or broken and might need repairs. I took the device of my arm and observed it carefully, looking for any things broken or loose. I have noticed that inside of the device that a few wires and other things were damaged. “Damn it!” The only way for it to work again was to wait until it starts working again, or go back to Equestria for repairs as I said before. I put the device back in my storage unit. Then I went back to watching the kids as they continued playing their game.

Later on, the game ended. It ended in a draw, hence the score was tied. After the game, the kids sat down under the tree with me and we were socializing again. Well, except Spike, who went to eat more treestars from the trees. That guy sure loves to eat a lot.

I took out my communication device and observed it. I said to myself, “Well, this sucks...”

Chomper seemed to notice the device on my hand. He started to ask, “What’s that you got on your hand, Callum?” That seemed to get the rest of the gang’s attention as they turned their heads to the device I am holding.

“This? This is my communication device. With this, I am able to talk to the one I am speaking to, very far away. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to be working right now as it could be damaged or broken. The only way to repair it is to wait until it works again, or get back home to repair it faster.”

Littlefoot then asked, “Wait, are you saying you’re going back home?”

“That unfortunately is correct. I need to get back home to Equestria to let my friends know I am ok.”

Ducky then went up to me. She pleaded, “Please don’t go away already, Callum. We really enjoy your company here, we do, we do.” The others agreed with Ducky.

To be honest with you, Ducky is right. I can’t just leave my new friends already. I just made myself comfortable. But I do have to get back home though. I had to tell her this. “In all honesty, I agree with you as well, Ducky. I don’t want to leave very quickly, as I just started making new friends with you all, and staying in the Great Valley makes me feel like I am at home. Though Equestria really is my home. So, as for that, I will slow down the process. I just have to let my friends know I am safe and sound. I hope you all understand what I am saying.”

Littlefoot spoke up first. “We understand you have to go back home to where you live, Callum. We just don’t want you to leave already.”

I nodded my head in response. But then... I started to realize I do not know how to get back get back home. Well, the only way back is by Groundbridge, but I have to find a way to set it up first. Which I might need the required set ups pieces to make it work, which I don’t seem to have. Wow. This is awkward.

“Well, what I am going to say to you all right now is good news in your eyes, it seems I might be staying here for a bit longer because I don’t seem to have to required tools with me to get back home, which is also bad news for me.” Wow. That was even more awkward.

“So you won’t be able to get back home?” Petrie asked.

“That is not good news, no, no, no.” Ducky said.

“Wait, I thought it was good news for you. You know, me staying here a bit longer.”

Littlefoot replied, “That is true, but your friends and family might miss you if you stay away too long.”

Littlefoot is correct with that one. “You’re right, Littlefoot. I’ll need to get back sooner or later. Equestria might need me to save the day again.”

Littlefoot then suggested, “If you want, we can help you find a way to get back.” The kids agreed with Littlefoot.

I replied, “It is very considerate of you all to help me, but these things might be a bit to complicated for you kids to get. But I’ll find a way back. I know it. Until then, I’ll make the most of it by staying here at the Great Valley. After all, I need a vacation, and there are more fun things for me ahead to look and explore in this world.” The kids nodded their heads.

Just then, Spike came back in a hurry. He was trying to get our attention. Seems like he’s trying to tell us something.

“Huh? What is it, Spike?” asked Ducky curiously. Spike responded by pointing his face the way he came back from.

I realized what he was trying to say, “Seems like he wants to show us something.”

Spike nodded his head to me, saying I was right, and gestured to us to follow him. He started to run to where came from, while we were following him to wherever he was going. I wonder what he found?

“What do you guys reckon he might have found?” I asked we were following Spike.

“Maybe something we’ve never seen yet?” Chomper answered.

“Someplace new to explore?” Littlefoot commented.

“Maybe he found a new friend!” Ducky said.

“Me hope it not dangerous.” Petrie commented.

Cera then said, “Well, whatever it is, it better be good.”

Ruby then replied, “Well, you never know unless you go.”

We kept following Spike as we were also thinking what he might have found.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
It has been a while since I was writing on this. Don't worry, I still am. Bloody writer's block keeps getting in the way. I got through some parts of the block. I'll post the next chapter when it is done.

Please note that I am not a very good experienced writer. I am writing stories and I don't read books. Well, I used to be a bookworm until I lost interest in reading books and I stopped. I try to read a book again but my mind keeps refusing to read.

But I have to try to read books again. I have to try. I must.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
It's been 7 months since I have sumbitted Chapter 8 of this fanfiction. And I still haven't flippin' updated it yet. Writer's block sucks. And so does reading books, that make me feel bad.

Seriously, whenever I read a book or someone else's story, it always makes me feel that my stories are not very good compared to theirs. Their stories have lot and good use of words and sentences, while mine is, well... I don't know how to describe it. But let's say, primitive, simple and lack of ideas.

In the words of Rarity, "Why do you always have to look so good to make me look so bad?"

Or maybe I'm getting older and maybe my bookworm days are over...

But... I will find a way to make a new chapter and update this story though... I promise...