The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Update: (I'm running out of titles for updates...)

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Hmm... what's there to update on?

Well, not much. Some bit of good news here and there. Let me get to it.

1.) The conflict over my laptop is pretty much in the past. Apologies were given and hugs were exchanged before having a delicious steak and baked potato dinner. But I've vowed to only use my laptop outside the house from now on until I've got a place of my own. There are one or two places around here with wi-fi hotspots from where I can connect to the internet, and I plan to use those places to my advantage.

2.) I've finished reading all the Redwall books in my possession, minus the two last books which I do not have on me at this time (Eulilia and Doomwyte. hope I spelled those right.). Redwall has become one of my most favorite series of all time, right up there with Tolkien's classics and Harry Potter. After finishing up on my reading on Lord Brocktree I started working on a long well written fan letter to send to Mr. Brian Jacques, the mastermind of the Redwall Series, giving praise to his writting efforts and loading em down with questions about Redwall and writting in general. Hope the man doesnt mind, he probably gets bucketloads of fan mail each week. Oh, and look em up on youtube! Look for the one where Mr Jacques visits Houstin Texas for a book signing. The man is halarious!

3.) The Nursing Home called about my aplication for CNA work. I have an interview this coming tuesday. Opertunity calls, I may have a job yet! Fingers are crossed and prayers of thankfulness are being whispered. =)

4.) Patsy Trigg, the woman whom I'm doing the comic book for (and also is one of the original singers to the Christmas classic: Granma Got Ran over by a Reindeer) has succesfully turned her character Percy the Poinsettia into a Christmas toy which you can now find at a Rite Aid Store nearest you! I went to check it out myself though it took a great deal of searching through the toy section and the Christmas Toy section (its located in the Christmas Toy isle) It does not have the name Percy the Puny Poinsettias right up at the front of the package as one would think, rather it had the title  'Dancing and Singing Poinsettia' it takes just a bit of research to finally find the name Percy on the package along with Patsy's publishing notice '© Patticake Publishing' Its not the greatest looking toy there, but it does play music and dances which I found cute. Showed it to my mother and she thought it was kind of cute herself, even asked me the price of it once we got back to the car. Anyway, I'd like to openly congradulate my friend on succeeding in such a project.

That's all for now. More to come soon =)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That all sounds great.  

I heard Redwall was good.  I've only seen a few episodes of the animated series on pbs years ago.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That's awesome, I hope mr. Jacqes will send you a cool reply. Like Kor I have only seen the series, but I did it on youtube because it was never shown here, and before that I didn't even know about the books :blink: . I may try to get some to read :DD .
 But most awesome is that you solved your problems at your house, and that you find a way to use your laptop... too bad you cannot use it at the house anymore but at least you may find some good spots out there to think and get inspired.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Redwall is awesome, though its gotten very repetitive in the later books, so I haven't really looked into or read the last five books or so.  Then again, if you read Redwall, you already know there's a good mouse, squirrel, otter, a bad stoat, weasel, or fox, and some huge feast placed somewhere in the beginning, middle, or end. :p  That you can guarantee!

Continued luck on the job search.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Well, Petrie, if you must know, I've just checked out Watership Down from the library today, so I look forward to reading that. Soon I'll be a true Watershipper as well as a Redwaller

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Haha...it'll be good to have you on board the Watershipper bandwagon too. :D

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Awesome news, Aves. ;) I knew things would pick up for you sooner or later! :) Hang in there my friend, and may the almighty Yahweh bless you... :^.^:
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I manage a rEdwall site, as well as this one. Its pretty much dormant now, but its a fun site for Redfwall fans. Its called Beyond Redwall.
 I've giot most of the Redwall books and watched all 3 seasons of the tv series... I hope some day Jacques writes a story about hoe Martin finally hung up his sword, or shas Martin return to Noonvale, as a older mouse/ ghost if in the later timeline. Its just my two cents on the matter.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If not no reason you can't do fanfiction where those things do happen.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not a real big fan of fanfiction actually, except if its well done..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like there may be enough folks for a Redwall rp.  

Good luck again Aves.  Hope things go well.