The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How Much Sleep Do You Get?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

After a night of only 3 hrs of sleep I just got some 10 hours last night so...yeah it changes, especially if I don't have to get up in the morning :p

That's similar to how I am. My sleep can be pretty erratic (which other GoF members have certainly noticed before). If I have nights with minimal sleep, then my body will make up for the lost sleep on a different night. I started recording my sleep each night with my Fitbit about a month and a half ago, and my statistics have been interesting to say the least.

Generally, though, I tend to get enough sleep. I average around eight hours a night per week, even if the nights themselves vary.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 11:17:34 AM by StardustSoldier »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
On average, I get like 6 hours of sleep a night, not including the hours where I stay in bed in the morning because I'm either too tired or too lazy to get up. The least amount of sleep I've gotten is around 2 hours, and the most I've ever gotten is like 10 hours I think. Ugh, I could choose to get more sleep, but yet I'm spending all that time on my IPad at night, and eventually I'd shut the case and go to sleep. But as you know, time flies by quickly and it'd be way past midnight when that happens. I've been trying to go to bed earlier recently, with moderate success.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I got 11 hours of sleep last night. I must've needed it.
:olittlefoot

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Isn't it quite sad when you get much more hours of sleep on the weekend than the weekdays? I feel that waking up at 5:30 or 6:00 AM doesn't really leave much room for a lot of sleep, doesn't it? I could get 8 hours realistically when you sleep at 10:00 PM, but come on now. I'm still pretty awake and active that time. 12:00 AM is the earliest that I feel completely ready to go to bed, and 11:00 PM is when I start to feel it. I actually would sleep at 10:00 PM, but only if I have to make up for the lack of sleep the previous night or something.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That was often my experience as well. My sleep would get cut short on weekdays simply because I could never fully get used to waking up that early. I take it you're not a morning person either?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

I take it you're not a morning person either?

:exactly