The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Development Team and things to be done

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
i don't see any change of state in the first post so I think it's open! :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Today I watched LBT 4(on VHS) and I noticed they used a different font in the dutch LBT. At least I think so, I haven't watched any LBT for quite a while.

If we ever need another font than one we're using now I guess we could start looking at this one.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Interesting :)
Can zijn be abbreviated to Z'n?
Does the Dutch title translate to "The unforgettable journey"?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Feb 18 2009 on  01:59 PM
Interesting :)
Can zijn be abbreviated to Z'n?
Does the Dutch title translate to "The unforgettable journey"?
Aye, zijn can be abbreviated to z'n, but only when it's not used as a verb, but as a possesion thingy(like 'his' friends).

And it indeed translates to that.

I'm wondering if I could get any other VHS tapes to see if they did that with every movie(use dutch text, rather than the english).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I do have both the German and the English video tape version of LBT 4, but since I moved out from my parents I have no more access to a video player anymore :wacko:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Feb 18 2009 on  02:16 PM
I do have both the German and the English video tape version of LBT 4, but since I moved out from my parents I have no more access to a video player anymore :wacko:
I see... That's too bad. I still have LBT 2 on VHS too but I'm not able to find the others for a reasonable price :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Using a different font may make things interesting.  One idea is to look at the different fonts and see which ones maybe most prefer, find the most readable, ect.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
DarkWolf, do you still want to do the rock and tree modelling? :)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Yes, I'd love to!
There'll be a bit of a wait, since I'm in the middle of a huge final class project :blink:
But that would definitely be fun, and very good pactice. Just tell me what you need, and I'll get to it.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not exactly sure what we'll need but if you can imagine what sorts of rocks and trees would be in the Great Valley, feel free to have a go at it! :)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Fantastic! After next week I'm on spring break. My... slightly odd dream of re-watching land before time films and analyzing the different types of foliage in them can finally come to fruition :lol

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
:lol  :lol

Awesome, I look forward to seeing some fancy foliage in action!

...actually, that sounds painful *looks at his username*.  :p

Catch ya later! :D

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
Aww...that was a terrible joke, action.

Good luck DarkWolf, in making those bits of foliage

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: NaNaNa,Mar 5 2009 on  09:23 PM
Aww...that was a terrible joke, action.
I know, I'm sorry. :p

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hahaha, I agree, awful joke :p

Thanks, guys! I shall do my best.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hey, unfortunatly the realitivley open and free time filled months I thought I was going to have sorta disseapeared.  I have a crazy amount of work that I never saw coming and I'm finding hard to find time for things I want to do, as the time gets eaten up by wat I have to do.  I'm afraid I just don't have the time to learn how to make a high quality 3D model and I'm going to have to drop that.... I'm sorry and I hope to countinue helping with this project anyway I can.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I would help you guys out but sadly I'm not good at 3D modeling and probably never will be  :(

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Belmont2500,Aug 11 2009 on  06:18 PM
I would help you guys out but sadly I'm not good at 3D modeling and probably never will be  :(
Don't worry. You can also help by giving ideas for the game itself! :)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey Action, do ya still need that foliage?
I know it's been waaaaaaaay longer than it should, but I finally sorted out my computer issues!
And, gosh darnit, I'm just determined to work this out now!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, I'm really sorry for the delay in my response!  I've been sleeping all day and working all night (literally!) and just have barely been keeping up with anything, including the GoF.  :oops

Anywho, we do have plans for how we want to produce foliage for the game.  I have already purchased a nice bit of software which will create trees and I'm looking into a program that will produce smaller natural objects as well (rocks, plants, mushrooms, grass, etc).

Because of this, I don't see a need for us to manually model very much in the way of foliage at this point.  I'm positive there will be many cases where the 3d objects I can create with these programs won't be exactly what we need for a specific task in the game though, and that sounds like an idea time to come knocking at your door, if I may!  :lol

As for 3d stuff to make right now, nothing is coming to mind, to be honest.  I'm having a lot of techincal problems with trees at the moment (well, one technical problem that I have no idea how to fix! :p ) and until I get past it, I'm not exactly sure what we'll be needing in the near future.