The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dinosonas

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Name: Can't think of a good name right now and my name's not that cool so I'll use my bro's middle name. Thus name is Daniel.

Species: Cearadactylus (if that's how it's spelt, same type as Sierra)

Look: Dark Brown coloration (that's my skin), extra long and sharp claws (that's my finger nails...really),  red eyes (aren’t my color by cool)

Personality: Kinda a mixed bag and switches sometimes. Generally laid back when things aren’t that serious. Not very talkative. Open to making new friends and will try to friend anyone. Pessimistic at times. He’s fun loving and always willing to go on an adventure and also loves taking risks. He doesn’t get angry easily but when he does get ticked off he becomes almost as furious as Topsy.

Uh…that;s all I can think of right now.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Nice job on the bio. :smile I'd call it concise: it's short, but covers the basics well. :yes

And yep, you got the right spelling for Cearadactylus. :D

Are you going to make a picture of your character?

EDIT: Major facepalm! :slap I accidentally misspelled “Cearadactylus” myself when I was telling you you spelled it correctly! :slap :slap :slap

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Lol I could be a 'Caustasaurus'  :lol

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^Or a wingtail :angel.

Great drawings so far, guys :yes!

As for the one about me looking like an older Ducky (and to clear up Pangaea's post from my fanart thread), I intentionally made my character to look younger than Ducky's mother.  I kinda see dinosaurs aging like how people age; their features change somewhat (though humans are more drastic) with age.  With Ducky's mother, one could tell she's no spring chicken and is probably around middle age (human equivalent of 40's).  I'm barely over half her age, and since humans don't really fully develop until around their late twenties, that's why some of my features still look youthful.  In actuality, I'm often mistaken for an older teenager, so I look even younger than my chronological age.  That's why my dinosona's looks are still young :p.

Salvatore Blackheart

• Chomper
    • View Profile
a person and a flyer i will call the terodax about fusion

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Name: Jared

Species: Pteranodon

Look: Medium tan colored skin, long claws, crest nearly as long as Pterano's, and blue eyes.

Personality: Shy and sometimes nervous around others, but very friendly in any case. Jared does funny hings at times, and is very fun loving. Jared is also lazy and relaxed at times. He loves making new friends and also loves going on adventures with others.

Sometimes, Jared is afraid to take risks, but if it means helping or saving a friend... he'll do it.

As for an attitude, he's very cool tempered, and kind.

He'll only get frustrated and angry if someone constantly annoys him or picks on him.

Overall, Jared's a shy, happy, funny, friendly pteranodon and would be glad to do fun things/make friends with anyone who's friendly, kind, and inviting right back to him. :yes

Akiko

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://wahyawolf.deviantart.com
I've never really thought about what kind of dinosaur I might see myself as, although I do have a a few "personas/fursonas" aka personal characters. A wolfdog, a scruffy mutt and a little rat. I suppose if I were to picture myself as a dinosaur I would hav to say velociraptor. They've been my fav since I was a kid! Although, considering the fact that I'm a vegetarian maybe I should pick something else...LOL  :rolleyes

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^ You could be a Troodon, perhaps. They were closely related to Velociraptor and looked rather similar, but the shape of their teeth suggests that they may have been omnivorous, eating some plants as well as meat.

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
When I really think of it I'm more of a Spinosaurus person, Pterasaurs are still one of my favorite types of Dinosaurs.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
I'm hoping I get to use Predator X. Speaking of that I'm surprised no one has used Predator X at all.

Name:Jasper (Preferred to be called Chris in the LBT world)
Species:Swimming Sharptooth (Predator X. A new Pliosaur spices)

Appearance:

Chris's skin color is dark blue with a black colored underside. He is almost fully grown and is already a giant that feeds on large fish. His eye color is black and has a small scar on his back.

Personality: Chris is very quiet and has a tendency to not say anything when it comes to conversations unless he has too.

He's kind, but can get annoyed real fast and hates it when people bother him over non important things. When he gets mad enough he will often get into fights, but tries his best to avoid going in that direction.

Ability: Capable of changing into a human or to his Predator X form whenever he pleases too.

Highsoar

• Big flyer
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Mine is a pterosaur, a Quetzalcoatlus, as you can see in my icon. Highsoar is the Dinotopian subspecies Quetzalcoatlus Skybax, and because of the Dinotopia origins of the persona, all I have is her Dinotopia-based backstory. (she has a human partner named Alyssa there, and is one of the rare Skybaxes with the genetic mutation allowing human speech (that came from the digest novel Windchaser))I have tried a couple LBT RPGs here using her without her human partner and more LBT based, though.

I haven't scanned in any of my full body pics, but I did do a headshot of her in oil pencils.

Her personality is a lot like mine, smart, a little hyper at times, and a bit stubborn at times. And a total chocaholic, although it didn't exist in LBT world.

(I forget who posted two posts up, but we aren't dinosaurs...we're flying reptiles :) )

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
*Jared the pteranodon looks up at highsoar* Wow!! What an ENORMOUS wingspan you have! :) "*

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nice picture, Highsoar, but technically isn't that an OC? A dinosona is a dinosaur* version of yourself, not just a character you created.

*or pterosaur, or other prehistoric creature

Highsoar

• Big flyer
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
It's a little of both, I guess. If you take away the Dinotopia bits added for that world, she is basically me in reptile form, personality wise anyway.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My skills are terrible.

Alrighty, well since I've "gotten over myself" and my drawing skills, I've decided to make my dinosona. I've just finished it tonight and I think it's good. But that's just me. I have no idea how you guy's will think of it. Right now I'm really nervous because I'm scared it won't be good enough, but you guy's are very friendly, so I think I'll be alright.

So without any further ado...I present...my dinosona.

I think your artwork is very cute, miss Diclonius. You clearly don’t know what terrible skills are.  :p  I drew a LBT picture once. I worked on it for a long time and focused so hard that I was literally sweating. I don’t own color writing utensils, so I “color” with different amounts of pressure. In order to prove that your skills are not terrible, allow me to show you my best work, the true meaning of awful ability:

Still feel badly?  :p

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
...Not gonna say anything about that picture....

But anyways, I think my two OCs, Tero and Redback, are pretty much a combined dinosona for me

Here is a basic design of what they look like

Name: Redback
Species: Spinosaurus
Personality: On the outside he may look a little hard to approach, a little weird, a little scary perhaps, but if you can get past that, you can see that on the inside, he's a rather sensitive soul. I guess you could say he represents my more public image.

Name: Tero
Personality: If you thought Redback was hard to approach, you ain't got nothin' on Tero. Completely silent, completely cynical and completely misanthropic, this flyer never speaks, and never sleeps. This is the side of me you see when you get on my bad side. If he likes you, he kinda likes you. if he doesn't like you, you're screwed because he REALLY doesn't like you.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Oh! I'd love one!

Name: Devon
Personality: Hmm...this is gonna be tough. He's very kind and caring, especially when it comes to his adoptive father, Pterano. He can have a sassy attitude, kinda like Cera. :lol He can also overly impatient...but protective when it comes to Pterano.
History: Devon was raised by his abusive father Sierra and used to be just like him, until he came face to face with a sharptooth and broke his wing while running from the hungry sharptooth. If Pterano hadn't been there, he could have been swallowed whole. Devon and Pterano met again when Pterano was stung by a stingray while foolishly fishing in the Big Water without looking at his meal. He ended up bumping against a tree and the next thing he knew he woke up and Devon was looking down at him. Devon asked if he was alright, Pterano said that he was and they had a chat then moved on. The next meeting Pterano and Devon had was when Pterano was flying about when he saw Devon laying on the ground all beaten up by his father. So he took him in and raised him into good health. And from then on, they've been looking out for eachother.

http://titanicsgirl.deviantart.com/art/Tog...2F23732017&qo=7 Here's what Devon looks like. (bottom right)
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Oopsy dopes! Made a mistake there. Though it would be awesome if Devon and my dinosona were friends. :yes

Name: Artie
Username: I think you know this one. :p
Gender: You know that one too! :lol But in case if you don't, she's female. :lol
Personality: Kind and caring and funny...like me! :lol Very concerned about others, especially when it comes to Pterano.
She's a very bluish color as you can see in this pic made by Allicloud. http://fimoman.deviantart.com/art/Roger-De...2F38042269&qo=6

Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well I don't really see this as "me" if I suddenly turned into a dino; this is my dinosona for what I WOULD be were I able to pick my own life and background and such. :p Some elements of me are fused in here, and mixed with things I completely made up. :p So yeah, this is just my dinosona.

Name: Norton

Appearance: Cream underbelly, and a very deep red for the body. Wings are a diaphanous lighter to medium brown. Looking at the shades of red, I'd say his body is carmine for the shade, and the wings would be burnt sienna.

Personality: Norton is very ambitious, yet also suffers from insecurities as well. He believes that if he isn't doing the best he can, it's not enough. His overriding desire is to find his father, and even though he has no proof that he still lives, Norton still believes his father to be alive. He can tend to have a bit of a sharp tongue, and be critical of others, but he tends to be just as critical of himself if not more so, as he'll constantly berate himself if he does something wrong. He is quick to anger, but is also very quick to forgive as well. He also has an anxiety neurosis, tending to become tightly wound under stress. To counteract this, he has trained himself (sometimes to the point of even forcing it) to become less rigid in his methods of dealing with things, and has also picked up several calmer ways of coping on his numerous travels.

Despite his tendency to be critical and anger easily, he is not very confrontational in arguments, and rarely gets involved in them unless pushed, at which point his biting sarcasm will emerge.

On the positive side, he is highly intelligent, and a very fast learner, able to pick up skills and methods very rapidly. He loves absorbing details (having a hearty thirst for learning), and though he is sometimes slow to make friends, the friends he does make all attest to his nearly unimpeachable loyalty, as he'll stand by them regardless of whatever they may put him through (as nothing short of serious betrayal can shake his faith in his friends). Friendship and trust is something he highly values, and it shows in the more positive relationships he has with others. He is also incredibly empathic, and does well at reading the emotions of those around him, and is a rather sympathetic creature, often times finding himself trying to help those he barely even knows. He believes in placing courtesy before criticizing, and comes off as quite amiable to those around him, only showing his harsher side both if he's familiar with the situation and comfortable doing so.

He is also very tactile, and will often times have something present in his hand, be it a twig he's twirling or a rock he's running over his fingers and claws. It seems rather random and irrelevant to most others, and even he can't fully explain why he does it.

Biography: I don't think I'm going to delve too much into this yet. I suddenly got inspiration for a new fic that I might write centered around him, so yeah, if I do end up writing it, there'd be no point in spoiling things before it's even written. :p What I can say is that he's the biological son of Pterano, has no idea what happened to his father, but is determined to find him someday. He mainly does this by traveling, both to learn more about the world, and to see if he can find any clues as to his father's whereabouts.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Name: Keirra

Species: Tapejara (Sailed Flyer)

Coloration: stony-blue wings, back and legs; lighter undersides. Bright blue eyes, orange beak and crest.

Physical Appearance: Keirra's slim, but she is in no way skinny or thin; she is petite, and seems younger than her actual age (acts it, too sometimes)

Personality: Keirra is a scatterbrained, oblivious flyer in the 'I'd-forget-my-own-head-if-it-wasn't-attached-to-my-body' way. Chatty and spontaneous, she will drop everything at the first sign of random-ness that gets her attention. She is also well-spoken and patient, despite her sudden and spontaneous nature. Though not in any way malicious or violent, Keirra can get easily frustrated and ruffled.

Speech Pattern: Jovial, precocious alto which will rise to a soprano when she gets excited. Talks really fast, and often ends her sentences with a question mark, like she's not really sure of what she's saying. Giggles and laughs as a secondary form of communication.

Attributes: Keirra is an adaptable flyer; living most of her life on her own has prepared her in such a way. She is also quite smart, even if she doesn't always show it, and the fact that she remains patient is also a handy virtue when she and Hadley get into jams. She's also a daring, but capable, flyer.

Soooo this is ME :) pictoral reference to (hopefully soon) follow.
Another dinosaur form would be Struthiomimus, which I will most likely upload soonish as well :p
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein