The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Character profiles for Venatione Venatus

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
OK, so, when I posted the prologue of my LBT fanfic Venatione Venatus yesterday, I was asked to reveal some info on the characters. So, here are four character profiles. More will be added as more characters are introduced in the story.

(I know the regulations for fanfiction on here say all chapters must be in the same post, but this isn't an extra chapter, so yeah...)

Seizon

Species: Bladeback (Oxalaia quilombensis)

Body Colour: Cyan, w/ sea green sail.

Eye Colour: Amber

Family details:
Parents (deceased)
Xal (stepfather)

Dwelling: Fanged forest:
A small forest on top of a hill, where a small community of sharpteeth live. Has lived with them his whole life, and whilst a few come and go, the small family of Twoclaws to which Saureen belongs to has always remained.

Friends/social life: SeizonÅfs closest friend is Saureen, whom he regards like a little sister. However, he also soon befriends a group of young, orphaned sharpteeth (more on them later) and they become a pack.

Personality: Seizon is a headstrong young bladeback, who has charismatic skills to be envied. He quickly asserts himself as the leader of the pack he forms, and he always believes his ideals will be best for everyone, even when they can go disastrously wrong, and sometimes forces his views across. He is devoted to his last remaining family member, his stepfather Xal, and is seemingly the only person whom Seizon considers better than himself. Xal is quite a manipulator, and Seizon simply goes with what he says, persuading others to follow his lead, or sometimes, forces them to.

Despite this, he is not a particularly bad individual, and will often go out of his way to help his friends (i.e, the people who do what he says) and acts like an overprotective brother to Saureen, putting his life on the line in order to protect her.

Favourite food: Lizards.

Likes: Hunting, sleeping, Saureen, Xal, asserting his authority, himself, swimming.

Dislikes: Flatteeth (unless heÅ's eating them), being superseded by others, arrogant hunters, Screech & Thud.

Saureen

Species: Twoclaw (Tyrannosaurus rex)

Body Colour: White w/ black stripes

Eye Colour: Green

Family Details:
Tyra (grandmother)
Ferox (father)
Recently deceased mother

Dwelling: Fanged forest.
Moved there not long after she was born, after having travelled long and wide with her family for a new home. Befriended Seizon.

Friends/social life: Seizon is her closest friend, and she also quickly moves to befriend the pack he forms, becoming a loyal member. Unlike Seizon, she takes to Chomper quite quickly once he is forcibly recruited into the pack (SPOILERS! Sort ofÅc)

Personality: Saureen is very dedicated to her family and to her surrogate brother, Seizon. Unlike Seizon, she is not self-centred, and yet is also very independent. Until the longneck attack that this. Then she has to rely on Seizon, and soon becomes quite meek under his ferocious leadership demeanour.

Also unlike Seizon, she is quite open-minded, one of the reasons she is ready to accept Chomper and even convinces him to teach her flattooth. She becomes very taken with Chomper actuallyÅc
Seizon is no love rival, but he doesnÅft consider Chomper to be the best influence on his surrogate sister.

Favourite food: Fish.

Likes: Seizon (sometimes), Chomper, her family, hunting, exploring, the new pack, pointy seed bowling.

Dislikes: Seizon (sometimes), the spiked longneck, Xal, Screech & Thud.

Spiked Longneck

Species: Agustinia ligabuei

Body Colour: Red and tan.

Eye Colour: Yellow.

Info: Not much is known about this mysterious attacker of the Fanged Forest. Xal was forewarned of this attack, so he knew he had to get Seizon and Saureen out of the way. According to him, the solution to defeating this monster was by heading west towards the Great Valley. There, the two kids would find something (or someone) to help them in forming a strong pack, eventually finding their way back to the Fanged Forest and dealing with this animal.

But this longneck has plans of his own. He knew, by their direction where Seizon and Saureen were headed, and he has his own ties with the valley. What sort? Only time will tellÅc

Xal

Species: Bladeback (Oxalaia quilombensis)

Body Colour: Deep blue w/ deep blue and red sail.

Eye Colour: Amber.

Info: Xal is SeizonÅfs stepfather, and the undisputed leader of the Fanged Forest. He has often announced he has big plans to his stepson and anyone else who will listen. Quite what his plans are is currently unknown, but it is certainly clear that he had his reasons for sending Saureen and Seizon to the Great Valley. Reasons that, along with the longneckÅfs motives, will soon be revealed.
As his plans unfold, his nearest and dearest begin to see that he isnÅft completely innocentÅc

And there you have it. Now, I would like to ask anyone who likes to draw fanart, if they would like to draw one of my OCs? Or more than one if you like. Thanks!  :DD

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks,
Your OC's are very interesting and also the fact that they know Chomper later in the story and that they're a "gang of young sharpteeth" :yes
Your story has a great potential and it's really cool to read a ff out of the view of some sharpteeth :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Jan 19 2013 on  03:26 PM
Thanks,
Your OC's are very interesting and also the fact that they know Chomper later in the story and that they're a "gang of young sharpteeth" :yes
Your story has a great potential and it's really cool to read a ff out of the view of some sharpteeth :)
Thanks!!!!!!!  :DD

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
For Siezon...

Unlike Seizon, she takes to Chomper quite quickly once he is forcibly recruited into the pack (SPOILERS! Sort ofÅc)

:lol, just read Episode 19: Our very own Redclaw! from my PAST-O-RAMA fanfiction sometime. I do something very similar to that. I mean the forcing Chomper with a pact of sharpteeth part.

Cool, it's gonna be interesting seeing how your story unfolds. What are their motives for going to the Great Valley? Recuriting flattooth help, because they can't get enough sharpeeth help with their problem?

I wonder what Cera would think of all of this. :lol

Oh well, can't speculate too much when the story hasn't really started yet.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
OK, guys, in light of four new young sharpteeth being introduced in the fic, does anyone want to see character profiles for them?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would like to have them, it's easier, when one can read the character info here instead of in the fic :)
Inactive, probably forever.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I say go for it :D I love seeing new characters introduced!
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Here they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pyron

Species: Feathered fastbiter (Unquillosaurus ceibalii)

Body Colour: Bright orange.

Family details:
Nycha (sister)
All others deceased.

Dwelling: Nomad.
Pyron used to live in a fairly large, social pack, until him and Nycha’s parents were wiped out in an enormous rockslide, possibly caused by the movement of animals along the mountainside. Now very young and parentless, the leaders of the pack tried to ëremove’ the two ëpointless’ offspring from the back, but they managed to escape certain death. Pyron firmly believes it was the pack leaders who killed their parents.

Friends/social life: Pyron and his sister are extremely close, despite their disagreements on several matters. He is on fairly good terms with the rest of the pack, thought doesn’t talk to them often.

Personality: Pyron is quite headstrong, though doesn’t always express his opinions on several matters. When he does though, he is extremely opinionated indeed, sometimes openly disagreeing with Seizon. He still regards him as his leader however. Then again, Seizon is the only person he feels subservient to.

Favourite food: Flyer.

Likes: Sleeping, grooming, swimming, hunting flyers, his sister.

Dislikes: His original pack, Screech & Thud.

Nycha

Species: Feathered fastbiter (Unquillosaurus ceibalii)

Body Colour: Lilac.

Family details:
Pyron (brother)
All others deceased.

Nycha’s parents were killed in a rockslide when she and Pyron were very young, before they had to escape death at the hands of their pack. Whilst Pyron believes it was the pack that killed them, Nycha disagrees, thinking that a passing herd of bigmouths were to blame.

Friends/social life: Nycha is extremely close to her brother, and isn’t very trusting of anyone else, although Saureen and her get on OK.

Personality: Nycha is quite fiery and outspoken, challenging anything and anyone that comes her way with a sardonic misdemeanour. Deep down however, she probably has a more sensitive side, and one extremely hurt and upset by her past. She also has a wild crush on Seizon, which he isn’t even aware of.

Favourite food: Bigmouth.

Dislikes: Flatteeth (unless she’s eating them), her original pack, Chomper (initially.)

Lini

Species: Slashclaw (Giganotosaurus carolinii)

Body Colour: Bright red.

Eye Colour: Blue.

Family details:
All deceased.

Lini never really had any male role-models within her clan – it was a strictly female based society, where she was taught that one of the most important things was finding a partner. All of her brothers and uncles were in a separate male community, also learning how to attract the opposite sex. Strange sort of ritual…but she eventually lost them all.

Friends/social life: In comparison to other members of the pack, Lini is immensely sociable, and gets along with everyone. She is pretty much the brawn behind the pack.

Personality: Lini is pretty happy-go-lucky, and determined to be friends with everyone. Due to growing up in a society where hormones played an essential role, she is extremely flirtatious, and immediately took to Chomper when he arrived. She secretly distrusts Xal, but not wanting to get on the wrong side of Seizon, she doesn’t tell him this.

Favourite food: Longneck.

Dislikes: Screech & Thud, Xal.

Al

Species: Crunchbiter (Herrerasaurus ischigualastensis)

Body Colour: Golden yellow w/ purple stripes.

Eye Colour: Purple.

Family details:
All deceased.

Nobody knows about Al’s family. When he hatched, he was completely alone. His childhood was filled with constant travelling and trying to seek refuge under larger sharpteeth, a risky activity.

Friends/social life: Al is the most introverted member of the pack, rarely speaking to anyone. For this reason, however, nobody has any problems with him.

Personality: Al is calm and quiet, very introverted and obeys Seizon without question. Many may wonder if there’s anything more underneath this demeanour. Only time will tell.

Favourite food: Unknown.

Dislikes: Screech & Thud.