The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Welcome to the new Gang of Five forum!

rhombus · 29 · 9262

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
That was fast :wow

Thanks for that! It really bothered me for some reason.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
Very nice! I'm loving the new style! It may take some time getting used to, but I'm learning it fast! Great job!  :smile
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've only done a few posts and I am already liking some of the new features.  The very fact we can post YouTube Videos is a big plus in my book.  Not to mention that it's much easier to hide Spoilers now.  In fact, I see a lot of new features that I want to play around with since I've been meaning to re-create my signature anyways. (Sure, I have it saved, but I've been meaning to give it an update and this is the perfect excuse.)

I think this will help the forum grow quite a bit.  I'm looking forward to what happens with this place.

My only gripe is that I get kicked out of the topic when I click "Post".  Yes, it does post, but that's still irritating, especially when you're so used to seeing your post right after you post it. x(cera

Other than that little gripe, I'm loving this new version.  Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to have a little fun here.

See ya later! :wave

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Sometimes I get randomly signed out of the site. Not sure why. I should change my password sometime.

Also Pokeplayer, I don't have the issue that you are having with replying. When I posted this, it still did what the old forum did and brought me back to the same thread, only with my post being the first thing I see.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've only done a few posts and I am already liking some of the new features.  The very fact we can post YouTube Videos is a big plus in my book.  Not to mention that it's much easier to hide Spoilers now.  In fact, I see a lot of new features that I want to play around with since I've been meaning to re-create my signature anyways. (Sure, I have it saved, but I've been meaning to give it an update and this is the perfect excuse.)

I think this will help the forum grow quite a bit.  I'm looking forward to what happens with this place.

My only gripe is that I get kicked out of the topic when I click "Post".  Yes, it does post, but that's still irritating, especially when you're so used to seeing your post right after you post it. x(cera

Other than that little gripe, I'm loving this new version.  Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to have a little fun here.

See ya later! :wave

The solution to that issue was explained in another topic. Basically, go to your profile, go to "look and layout", and check the box for "return to topics after posting by default".

Sometimes I get randomly signed out of the site. Not sure why. I should change my password sometime.

Also Pokeplayer, I don't have the issue that you are having with replying. When I posted this, it still did what the old forum did and brought me back to the same thread, only with my post being the first thing I see.

I had that problem once, but not since I decided to check the box of "always keep me logged in" every time I would log in. Without that checked, the default time of staying logged in is 60 minutes, so perhaps you were either working on a post that took you more than an hour to complete or the 60 minutes since you logged in had elapsed while you were making that post. I honestly don't know which of those two is happening, but at least the method I just mentioned should help prevent that (so long as you can actually remember to do it every time you log in).

Anyway, I'd just like to mention that I've finally made a decision regarding all of my PMs from the other site. I didn't want to download any of them, but I did decide to copy and paste the text from some of them into the same document I had used to save my avatar and signature. I spent five hours yesterday going through all of my PMs, deciding which ones were worth saving and which ones I'd be okay with losing. As I went through them, I made a rather peculiar discovery that, apparently when we went onto zetaboards back in November, all PMs that were saved in the sent section were not only duplicated (one showing who it was sent to, and the other showing it being apparently sent to myself), but some of the originals of said duplicates were missing, making it difficult for me to figure out who they were even sent to. Well, it's obviously too late to do anything about that, so I'll just settle for the effort I made yesterday.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
Nevertheless, I liked the look of the old forum more. You can call it nostalgia. Just imagine: that forum, which we knew in 2004, remained unchanged after many years. In 2018, you could go to the very last pages and see what the messages of 14 years ago looked like. Now this forum has ceased to be a page from the past, which is a little depressing.
Forever in the past.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I noticed about a week or so ago that the URL used for this site changed from "http://" to "https://", which I think indicates that it's a more secure type of web address. At the very least, I'm just glad that I now don't have to be annoyed with seeing Firefox's alert about unsecure websites every time I log in to this site, and can actually make use of the auto-complete feature rather than having to type out my entire username every time.

- Berix

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I noticed about a week or so ago that the URL used for this site changed from "http://" to "https://", which I think indicates that it's a more secure type of web address. At the very least, I'm just glad that I now don't have to be annoyed with seeing Firefox's alert about unsecure websites every time I log in to this site, and can actually make use of the auto-complete feature rather than having to type out my entire username every time.

Well apparently, as I found out from Owls on that exact same day, the Gang of Five always had HTTPS — you just had to type it in the address bar manually because you’re not redirected to the secure connection by default. Yes, I couldn’t believe it either when I found out that.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If that's true, then I guess what happened last week is that all the http links have finally been made to redirect to the https versions. Either way, I believe that's a good thing for GoF, albeit something that would've been appreciated sooner.

- Berix