The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Call of Duty 4

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Has anyone played Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare?  This game is just...  Amazing.  Not quite as amazing as BioShock but almost as good.  Call of Duty 4 is probably one of the best war games ever made.  It is right up there with Halo.  Absolutely incredible storyline, effects, characters, and weapons.  Plus, everything seemed so real.  I'd recommend this game to anyone who is over the age of 18 (because of the M rating) because it is an excellant gaming experience.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah it's a good game. I've played it before the first two missions.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I plan on getting it soon, and i know it will be awesome! B)

Loofah

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Jeah, it¥s great, the only thing I a little dislike is the straight on the way Gameplay! So I had beat the Game in about 6 hours. I more like Shooters like Crysis or S.t.a.l.k.e.r! :p
But CoD 4 is this time the best Wargame I had ever played. :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I've rented CoD4 before and loved it but I actually went out and bought it yesterday for ps3. I was very anti getting CoD4 purely because it was £50 (about $100) no matter where you went. A friend of mine works in Tesco (think a British version of Walmart minus the firearms aisle  :lol ) and they had 1 copy left. He let me use his employee discount and I got it for £33! Bargain! I'm only part way through the first act but the gameplay is solid. I like the fact certain guns have enough calibre to penetrate certain walls so you can score a hit without even being about to see your enemy :^.^:

F-14...what version do you have? If you have the ps3 version, we should link up online sometime ;)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The Xbox360 version.  I dodn't do online play at my house.  The only place to hook my Xbox up is the wireless roughter in my dad's room and there is only a tiny TV in there.  I usually only do online stuff at my friend's house.  I don't have money to spare on a wireless card for the Xbox 360.

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I have it for 360. Don't play all that much since I got GTA4, and I only have this 10" TV to play on...even so, it's still a lot better than Halo 3, I think, primarily for the multiplayer. Getting used to sprinting can be somewhat annoying if you switch between H3 and CoD4, I say...

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Two 360 players huh. That's a shame. I really wanna play CoD4 online with guys I know rather than with some loud mouth little kids that shoot cuss words everytime they get nobbled and rant on for hours about getting you once or twice  :rolleyes: Oh well...still the game is awesome! CoD5 is already in production and scheduled for the final quarter of this year (Nov 08) but somehow I can see that date being shifted...

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I need to get my hands on a PS3, if only to fulfill my dream of owning every recent console created. I don't like the titleset on it as much as what I can see for the Wii or 360, but I will have them all, I say!

Me, I often just hang back and use my M60 to lay waste to anyone that I see - which often results in me getting knifed from behind since I often focus in on one area, which is not so good.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My biggest problem is that I dont sweep any area thoroughly enough. I normally get plugged by some random I just happened to overlook. Very annoying  <_<  :DD Either that or my combat strategy is very tit-for-tat. In other words, I cap one bloke...and someone else caps me before I get the chance to congratulate myself for a point scored  :lol Such is the art of war I suppose  :^.^:

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Another problem of mine is I tend to try and act as a distraction...which leads to me ending up dead rather often...

Ah well. Anything that meets my M60 will go down, I find, unless they're right in front of me.

I need to play more...I'm at XP level 22 right now, and I've had the game since it came out...

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Dark Patriot,May 29 2008 on  10:12 PM
Another problem of mine is I tend to try and act as a distraction...which leads to me ending up dead rather often...

Ah well. Anything that meets my M60 will go down, I find, unless they're right in front of me.

I need to play more...I'm at XP level 22 right now, and I've had the game since it came out...
You line yourself up as bait?! That's gotta be a one way pass to a career in underground gardening (pushing up daisies in other words :lol). Brave motive but I die far too many times as it is without prepping myself as the lamb for the slaughter  :lol:

M60 huh? Good choice! ;) I'm trying to work my way through the different weapons getting the add ons for them (G.Launcher, Red Dot Sight etc). My most effective weapon right now is my AK-47 but I'm working on the M4 Carbine. I'm only like level 13 at the mo so perks are a little shoddy but I can play with the best of them ;)

What perks do you normally use Dark Patriot?

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
My general kit:

Primary: M60 w/Grip
Secondary: Colt M1911 w/Silencer
Perk 1: Empty due to Grip
Perk 2: either Stopping Power, Steady Aim or Martyrdom, depending on how I feel like playing
Perk 3: Sleight of Hand or UAV Jammer

I love LMG's. I used the RPD exclusively (unless I found a Barrett or P90 off someone's body) for the longest time till I unlocked the M60.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Fair game. Since I'm such a low level (or at least nearer the lower end of the leveling scale), I tend to mix and match different perks just to see how they play. At the moment My set up is as follows:

Primary Weapon: AK-47 (with Red Dot Sight)
2ndry Weapon: M9 Pistol (with silencer)
Perk 1: Stopping Power
Perk 2: Deep Impact
Perk 3: 3x Special Grenades

Martyrdom really ticks me off especially when someone else nobbles an enemy and you just happen to be come round the corner when the 'nade goes off. I've lost count of the number of times my team scores 1 point for a kill then the other team get 3 points for getting 3 of my team from beyond the grave!  :lol

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I only use Martyrdom if I'm feeling particularly suicidal at the time - generally it's Steady Aim. M60's have wicked recoil, and with both the grip and Steady Aim, I can manage it quite well. Deep Impact is not all that useful for me, since the M60 can shoot through almost anything anyways (once, with Deep Impact, I shot someone through one of those thick curved steel plates around the silos on Countdown).

For my set, the more open maps are my friend - LMG's don't seem to be that great in close range. Quite lethal at medium-long, though.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I hear that. Coz I tend to use primarily assault rilfes I find Deep Impact good for taking people out from behind cover. But if you've got a beast of a machine like the M60, Deep Impact is a little superfluous as it can tear through pretty much any material  :D I'd have to say I'm a little more inclined to prefer closed maps coz I hate inexplicable deaths due to sniper rifles from 10 miles away  :lol In a closed environment at least you've got a bit more of a chance of spotting a enemy (as he does on you). Both maps have their pros and cons but still, close maps do it for me. Nothing like peppering a charging enemy with a SPAS 12 shotgun at close quarters!  :DD  ;)

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
True, I say. My main sticking point with the LMG's is that they have a massive magazine - though the M60 has a rather slow fire rate. I aim to fix that once I unlock Double Tap. That, and the ridiculous load times - it can take ~10 seconds to reload the M60. Makes making sure your mag is full before going into a firefight even more important.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No kidding. I used an LMG but I've got a habit of constantly ensuring I've got a full mag after engaging in a firefight. For switching a clip on an assault rifle it's no probs, but an ammo box for an M60 requires a little more "alone" time before you're ready again. A friend of mine has the 360 version and he uses the M60 with the double tap perk and it seems to work out pretty well.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Love this game.

Whenever I play it online, this is what I prefer to go with:

Primary Weapon: M4 Carbine w/ Red Dot Scope
Secondary Weapon: The Colt Pistol (no attatchment)
Secondary Grenade Type: Flash Bang

Perks: (Depending on Gametype)
1. (TDM)3x Frags//(Domination/Headquarters) Claymore
2. Stopping Power
3. Last Stand

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Heh, I often get taken down by people toting M4's...they're a lot better at close range than my LMG's, XD...though my fighting style doesn't help my scores. Maybe I should start using Deep Impact again... :DD