The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A fantasy RP

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've been working on this for a few months, and I need to see if it would get popular.  I've got pages of rules that I'll have to post later, but here's a summary of what it's about.

The setting is in the 1890's, and besides historical accuracies, it'll also be a fantasy with magic and steam punk-style technology.  You can choose among humans, anthro furries, and non-anthro furries.  There's much more, but I'll have to place it all in my next post.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like it could be interesting.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe I will join too.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like we may have 3-4 players.  That sounds like enough.  Did you want a certain number?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The more the merrier.  This part will take some time and I'll have to add everything in stages, so please bear with me.

Time:  1890's

Races:  Humans, Anthropomorphic Furries, Non-Anthropomorphic Furries (intelligent but simplistic, preferring basic needs rather than monetary or class desires), Ancients (any of the other races, but much older and almost unable to die by old age).  NO mythical creatures EXCEPT dragons, gryphons, pegasi, hippogryffs, manticores, & basilisks.  NO shapeshifters, NO supernatural or paranormal.

Magic:  Magic is greatly limited to a select group of classes, or specific magic items.

Classes:
Spellswords = Rumored to be descendants of the Ancients.  Use diluted form of magic into sword fighting.  Cannot use magic with any weapon other than swords, daggers, or other bladed weapons.  Can use all other weapons when not using magic.  Can be in any lifestyle EXCEPT religious or political positions, but they can independently serve a government or clerical order.  Magical powers here come in "slots" and spellswords can have no more than three slots, so they can have a combination of a few different powers, list below.

1-Slot
Element for weapon or body enhancement and projectiles (Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Lightning, any existing Metals, Shadow, Light, Wood)
Non-element enhancement
Body enhancement (speed, agility, strength, etc.)
Telekinesis (over sword only)

2-Slot
Armor (limited time)
Force Field (limited time)
Foresight
Healing

Alchemists = Achieve magic through science.  Can only generate magic through and other resources and use them through inanimate objects.  Can have no more than two portable magic objects and no more than one non-portable objects at the same time.  They have no clerical or political positions, but can also serve such and can hold academies to train other alchemists.

Monks = Loyal followers of any clergy bestowed by magical powers, but may also be descendants of the Ancients.  Cannot leave the clergy or they will lose ability to use their powers.  Can only use one type of power, can cannot switch to another.

One Element
Body Enhancement
Armor (limited time)
Force Field (limited time)
Foresight
Healing

Ancients = Believed to be the source of all magic in the world, and were once revered as gods or demons.  Believed to be quite powerful, but would seldom use their powers to the limit, instead sending underlings to do their bidding.  All sorts of magic are used, EXCEPT resurrection, time travel, reality control (mind control & illusions are accepted), or control of forces outside the planet.  Exceptions may be with artifacts or relics.

Technology:  Primary sources of power are wind, steam, fire, & limited electricity.

Transport = Normal forms include railways, steamships, sailing ships, sail-driven land vehicles, carriage & even horseback (non-anthro horses are hired for the last two transports).  Fantasy modes of travel include submersibles, balloons, zeppelins, & aero ships.  Aero ships categorized as either sail ships or ironclads.

Sail ships use sails to be guided by wind currents, and only need steam power for lift.  Mostly made of wood, and are very fast, but lack in armor & armor, except for warships.

Ironclads use steam for lift and movement.  They have no sails, have high armor and armament, but very slow.

Classes:
Aeronauts = Sailors of aero ships.  Matches any adventuring lifestyle of sea-faring sailors.

Gunsmiths = Talented weapon makers and inventors.  Can make any exotic weapon not powered by magic.  Can carry no more than two custom weapons besides normal weapons.

Weapons:  Swords & blade weapons are used just as much as firearms of the era.

Firearms Accepted
Muzzleloaders (Muskets, cannons, & pistols)
Lever-action rifles
Single/Double-action shotguns
Single-shot/Double-barreled shotguns
Bolt-action rifles
Magazine-fed handguns (restricted)
Gatling guns (hand-powered/steam-powered only)
Cannons (gun-powder or steam-powered)
Non-explosive small rockets (restricted)
Volley guns (cluster of barrels that are fired simultaneously)

Name:  Full names & nicknames are accepted
Species:  Include breed
Class:  Occupation, can include where char works or affiliated group
Equipment:  Including weapons & vehicles if any, describe custom
Skills:  Include magic powers
Description:
Personality:
Brief Summary:

Rules
Respect all GOF rules
PG-13 only
Be free to discuss any issues with others
Give notice if you are to be gone for a while, so we can wait or assist while until your return

That's what I got so far.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I feel like I want to play as villainous character. ;)

Name: Adam L. Cipher

Species: Human

Class: Gunsmith. He is one of the lower rank commanders of Prometheus - organization dedicated to: progress through technology and science; human supremacy over the world. His actions are often of criminal nature.

Equipment: Revolver, bolt-action rifle, short sword. His group posess one zeppelin with posess hand-powered gatling guns on board.

Skills: Good shooter.

Description: Caucasian, brown hair, blue eyes, 5'8", agile build. He usually wears simple unobtrusive clothes.

Personality: He believes fanatically in Prometheus cause.

Brief Summary: He descends from a family that has supported Prometheus' goals for several generations, both financially and personally.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Has the world in which this game would take place been described elsewhere? Who in the context of this world is Prometheus.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 8 2011 on  08:51 AM
Has the world in which this game would take place been described elsewhere? Who in the context of this world is Prometheus.
No. At least, I don't think it was described elsewhere. I just thought, that so far there is no reason, why such an organization couldn't exist.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I assume ancients are npc's only, since they sound pretty powerful.

I guess the only ones who can do anything like magic are the Spellswords, Monks, and Alchemists?

I guess with each slot one can pick only 1 thing, like enhanced speed, enhanced strength, lightning, ect?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
^ Kor
The slots apply only to the spellswords, who have three.  The "1-Slot" powers fill only one slot, while the "2-Slot" fills, yeah, 2 slots.  So you can have three 1-Slots, or a 2-Slot and a 1-Slot.

As for this world, it'll just be our planet set in 1890's.  There will be a few historical tweaks as well as the fantasy ones already described.

The Ancients will probably be more plot based, but I can assign one to whoever wants to play one.

Anyway, here are a few main plots that we could play one or more, depending on how many are going to play:

A.  This plot will start in London, following a return exhibition of an archaeologist and his vast treasures.  But things go wrong when the scientist mysteriously dies, and one of the exhibits spring to life and makes its way back to where it was unearthed, destroying everything in its path.  Main antagonists include an Ancient and its followers.

B.  This plot starts in either London or Paris, which the daughter of a missing explorer tries to hire a team to seek him out in the jungles of South America, where a lost civilization is believed to be just discovered.  Main antagonists include jungle natives, an Ancient, and a rogue general. (Story will be explained later)

C.  This plot begins in India, where an aging explorer is hiring adventurers to join him in his search for a lost civilization in the mountains of Tibet.  Main antagonists include foreign agents and their private forces.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
All these plots sounds interesting. It may be a tough choice. ;)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Agreed.  If I had to vote, either one or 3 sounds good.  
Also, count me in.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I may do a spellsword or something, and one that has some small gadgets or something.

Also I can see how some of the plots could be combined.   b and c could be combined in some way.  

& A could be done later as a part 2 or chapter 2 of the rp.  Sort of like in a sequel serial rp.  maybe something the explorer type from the first rp brought back.  He could be killed, or just wind up in the hospital or something.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
For me anyway, each plot will have a different set of characters.  So if your characters end up from one plot to another plot, they'll have to spend it with other characters of mine.  I'll set up my chars in groups per plot.  Again, this will take stages.

Plot A
Name:  Antonio Di Corleone
Species:  Caucasian Human
Class:  Spellsword, duelist
Equipment:  Swept-hilt rapier, Indo-Persian 3-blade dagger
Skills:  Foresight, Wind
Description:  Caucasian, black hair, gray eyes, 5'10", light build, adventuring gear & attire, Italian accent
Personality:  Calm, cunning
Brief Summary:  Antonio was raised in a fencing school in Venice, and became a swordsman prodigy.  Once he graduated, he set off for his desire for adventure.

Plot B
History Tweak:  After the end of the American Civil War, the Confederate commanders formed the Confederate Liberation Army, and continued to fight against Union forces until they were finally driven south into Mexico, where the country forbids the American army to follow, but they too beat the CLA further south into Central and South America.

Name:  Victor Summers
Class:  Spellsword, United States Marshals
Equipment:  Longsword, Winchester 66 lever-action rifle, Colt SAA revolver
Skills:  Lightning, Metal, Agility Enhancement
Description:  Caucasian, dark hair, dark eyes, 5'11", light build, western wear w/ trench coat
Personality:  Practical, stern while working
Brief Summary:  The only thing surely known about Vic is his assignment to track down the leadership of the Confederate Liberation Army.

Name:  Edgar von Berkmann
Species:  Fox
Class:  Alchemist, explorer, researcher
Equipment:  Echo Globe (sphere that can generate a transparent map of the surrounding area using soundwaves triggered by a built in tuning fork)
Skills:  Geography, alchemy
Description:  Dark red fur w/ black marks on ears, muzzle, & paws, and white tail tip, brown eyes, 5'10", light build, casual attire
Personality:  Inquisitive, adventurous
Brief Summary:  Edgar was a student in the Munich Academy of Magic Science, but wanted to graduate at the top of his class.  He could only achieve this by taking a scientific venture, so he takes to England to find a business trip for scientific research.

Name:  Doric Chamberlain
Species:  Ram
Class:  Commanding officer, Confederate Liberation Army
Equipment:  Officer's saber, LeMat revolver
Skills:  Guerrilla tactics
Description:  White fur, white eyes, curved horns, 6', medium build, Confederate officer's uniform
Personality:  Insane, manipulative, ruthless
Brief Summary:  Doric was a captain in the Confederate Army by the time of the formal surrender at Appomattox.  He quickly joined the Liberation Army, naming himself general, and took his loyal forces to ravage the region.  Soon, his army was beaten back by several countries into the depths of South America.  His follower army includes spellsword lieutenants and a large squad of mobile gatling guns, all of which he used to murder entire towns full of people.

Plot C
Name:  Melanie Smith
Class:  Aeronaut, mercenary
Equipment:  Nock volley gun (7-barreled gun), Mauser C/96 semi-automatic pistol, Krag-Jorgensen M1888 bolt-action rifle, aero sail ship (4 sails on 3 masts, 40-man crew, single forward mount for a steam-powered gatling gun)
Skills:  Aeronautical navigation, ship mechanics, sharp-shooting
Description:  Caucasian, dirty blonde hair, green eyes, 5'9", agile build, adventuring gear & attire, British accent
Personality:  Fierce, determined, clever
Brief Summary:  Mel took control of an aero-sailing business after her father died under mysterious circumstances.  But when the business went under by force from a few more powerful entrepreneurs, she turns to being a mercenary, using new resources from the underground to seek out answers for her father's suspicious death.
Notes:  This character can also join in Plot B.

Name:  Lu Yung
Species:  Red Panda
Class:  Monk
Equipment:  Quarterstaff
Skills:  Water, Chinese martial arts
Description:  Red fur w/ black underside & white markings & ringed tail, brown eyes, 6', medium build, adventuring attire
Personality:  Peaceful, near pacifist, but fiercely defensive
Brief Summary:  Yung grew up in a remote monastery near the Tibetan border, training to be a powerful monk.  Soon after his training has ended, he set off on a spiritual journey into the sacred mountain nation.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
SO this will be separate rp's then, 1 for each plot?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
These are main plots.  They won't cross each other or mixed, but they can follow each other.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
But we can move our character from one plot to the next, right?