The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Regarding ANY Season 2 topics.

Petrie. · 96 · 20819

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I just don't see JOTB being the final epitaph, as Malte had said so long ago back in 2015. After everything that's been going on...they can't just be reairing old episodes from a 2007 show can they?
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You would think that if this YT channel wasn't official that Universal would have cracked down by now since September is coming up real soon. In fact it wasn't that long ago that the channel I watched all the episodes back in March had the videos taken down.

This is looking very optimistic! While the T.V. series had a lot of flaws (like when Petrie almost killed his mom and NOBODY CARED) as a whole it added a lot to the lore of the LBT world, and I found most of the episodes a more valuable part of the series than the 13th and 14th movies.
I like the story speaker episode for this very reason. It gives a good outlook on Longnecks' traditions and such.

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
The e-mail address linked to that YouTube channel with all of that HD footage is jack.day@wildbrain.com, according to Jack's LinkedIn page, he's "Senior (YouTube?) Channel Manager at WildBrain".

Domain info about wildbrain.com says that it's managed and hosted by Interactive DHX Media.

Domain lookup info here:https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=wildbrain.com

According to the WildBrain website itself, they're "the media company managing the digital rights of some of the most popular children’s television series ever.
We’re part of DHX Media and manage a collection of over 12,500 half hours of high-quality children’s TV".
That's a pretty good explanation as to why and how they have such good quality video footage, and why the videos are still up on YouTube.

DHX Media:
"DHX Media is a Canadian media production, distribution and broadcasting company.
Formed in 2006 by the merger of Decode Entertainment and the Halifax Film Company,
the company is a prominent producer and international distributor of children's television."

I'm not that good with legal stuff, but I found this interesting :DD
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So it's official?

They STILL haven't uploaded the final episode. It's been three weeks, and The Great Egg Adventure still isn't there.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Sep 17 2017 on  01:31 PM
So it's official?

They STILL haven't uploaded the final episode. It's been three weeks, and The Great Egg Adventure still isn't there.
It would be ironic if that was the only episode that DHX Media doesn't own the rights to.  :p

But thanks for the information, zero-point.  That information that you gleamed from the domain name sheds quite a bit of light on the context here.  The thought of looking up the channel's domain name registration had not even crossed by mind, so that is excellent thinking and investigative work on your part. :)  

And, in case anyone asks, we admins would consider links to these episodes from this YouTube account to be acceptable under Section 5.2e of the forum rules, as they appear to be officially sanctioned by the studio.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: rhombus,Sep 17 2017 on  05:49 PM
And, in case anyone asks, we admins would consider links to these episodes from this YouTube account to be acceptable under Section 5.2e of the forum rules, as they appear to be officially sanctioned by the studio.
Here they are then. Just note that they are out of order, so if it really matters to anyone if they are in order, check the list of episodes on Wikipedia or the LBT wiki :yes

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWpR...4hAkm09duc8DaPN

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Sep 17 2017 on  05:12 PM
Quote from: rhombus,Sep 17 2017 on  05:49 PM
Here they are then. Just note that they are out of order, so if it really matters to anyone if they are in order, check the list of episodes on Wikipedia or the LBT wiki :yes

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWpR...4hAkm09duc8DaPN
None of the videos on you tube are allowed to watched.
The uploader has not made these videos aviable to watch

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's blocked in the U.S, yes. I'm not sure why, but it being a Canadian company might be a factor.

If you're not from the U.S, you're in luck. I'm not :p
It's possible that viewing in the U.S isn't allowed because Universal Kids' main viewers are from the United States, and the show is currently airing on the channel.

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Sep 18 2017 on  12:16 AM
It's blocked in the U.S, yes. I'm not sure why, but it being a Canadian company might be a factor.

If you're not from the U.S, you're in luck. I'm not :p
It's possible that viewing in the U.S isn't allowed because Universal Kids' main viewers are from the United States, and the show is currently airing on the channel.
Try using a VPN or a proxy to hide your real IP address and bypass any region-locking. I can only recommend Windscribe, as they keep no logs of your activity (more on that here https://windscribe.com/privacy ), and if you register, they give you 15 gigabytes of data to work with every month. They have servers all around the globe, so speed won't be an issue. It simply works, as intended. It's a really useful tool to get rid of geo-restrictions and enjoy the internet with virtually no limitations.

Region-locking sucks. It shouldn't be a thing, really.
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It is a good find, but I'm not sure.  To be honest, it feels too good to be true.

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Sep 19 2017 on  01:00 AM
It is a good find, but I'm not sure.  To be honest, it feels too good to be true.
Whats too good to be true?

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Interestingly, the Great Egg Adventure was finally posted today, over a month later than the other ones. This delay is truly a curious one but at least all of the episodes are posted now. :)

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes! Finally! :D

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nice! Maybe now I'll stop slacking and finish re-watching these.

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Sep 28 2017 on  05:29 PM
Nice! Maybe now I'll stop slacking and finish re-watching these.
Good for you.  :)  :)  :)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm, for some reason the channel posted the Cave of Many Voices again. :unsure:

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
CybertronianBrony showed me that on Discord earlier...why did they upload it again? There doesn't seem to be anything different about it. Maybe the episodes will show up even more in YT searches if they're uploaded again? :unsure:
They even added to to the playlists too, when all 26 episodes are already there and should be there. Maybe I'll comment and I get an explanation; they've replied to and favorited a few different comments before actually.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Sovereign,Sep 30 2017 on  06:34 PM
Hmm, for some reason the channel posted the Cave of Many Voices again. :unsure:
well, maybe they a bit messed with FIRST number of S1Ep1? :rolleyes:

Edit: hmm, it says "cartoon for kids" instead of "full episode" in title? Well, I don't care. I'm still kid in my soul. :D
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
On a happy sidenote, it looks like the episodes aren't blocked in the US anymore! I can watch them again! :DD
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Some guy (troll?) named "WildBrain Channel Owner" has just responded on Hypno's and mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPuOe_gCXhM...506867254896779
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412