The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Member Levels (updated 27 July, 2012)

Petrie · 145 · 42701

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm liking the new member level icons. Could you update the images here?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: lbt/cty_lover,Sep 28 2008 on  09:11 PM
I'm liking the new member level icons. Could you update the images here?
Yeah I like them too.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'll change them when I get home, or another admin can get on it so the images are up to date.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
what would happen if we didn't had you?

wow they're really great! B)  :)  :rolleyes:

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
We see... and we like!  :D  :yes

Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I like the new little icons now on display which shows what mark reached with postings, pretty neat I say :)

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
The images are great, they're much better (if I may) than the previous.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If I'm wasting anybody time I'm sorry but this is the best moment for me right now on the GOF

I'M A QUEEN

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Mar 1 2009 on  03:05 PM
^ congrats  :smile
Thanks Dude (sorry for the late response)

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
Its a pretty big stepping stone. Pretty soon I'll be a queen  :smile

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: NaNaNa,Mar 19 2009 on  03:39 PM
Its a pretty big stepping stone. Pretty soon I'll be a queen  :smile
Yeah its feels awesome.  It shows that you get some experience.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I can't believe I missed my own milestone, but I've finally become an Ultimate LBT Fan...it feels great! :smile

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This is now postage #1000 (for me) and I have a few words to say before I move forward.  First off I want to say that I'm so happy that I made it this far.  At first I thought 1000 felt so far away... :wow but it came quick fast and a hurry.   :wave Though I'm going to miss being a Queen Member (representing my favorite character),  being a King Member feels even better.  Thanks to you guys I had fun chatting with all, I appericated.  

Next stop Ultimate LBT Fan!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Next stop Ultimate LBT Fan!

It's only a bit harder to get that level.  Posts really go by fast.  Now the LBT aholic level takes a lot longer....at least it will for me.  By the time they get to the "Ultimate LBT Fan" level, most members realize what topics would benefit from their input and which would not.  Of course not responding needlessly makes your post count per day go waaaaaaay down.  At my rate I'm expecting to get to LBT aholic by the time I'm 20 or so. :p

Also the quality of your posts and where you post is a large factor.  If you spend most of your time in the party room, those posts can go by like lightning.  Also, if you're making entire responses saying things like "Well that would be nice" your posts will reach high levels quickly as well.  I imagine it took Malte a long time to get where he is because he doesn't make really short responses (at least not since I've been here).  I'm in no way comparing myself to Malte or any other member, but I tend to make longer posts as well most of the time.  

I reached my level because I used to be a little obsessed with the forums.  I'd post all the time.  I'd spend at least an hour a day on here.  Nowadays I don't have so much time on my hands.  In addition, I've made it a point only to post when I think I have something useful I can contribute or someone I can help.  I might also make a thread to show something to the community such as something shocking or outraging...and I might also post a warning of a new virus or a tutorial for something that I think a large portion of the community can benefit from.  In addition, I might post some form of project (LBT or otherwise) that I think might be entertaining or beneficial to the community.

Why am I on GOF?  I've asked myself this question many times.  I mean, you don't really need a forum to watch LBT.  But it's not just about LBT anymore.  LBT is why I joined initially, but I've found that I enjoy being a part of something.  I like being part of the greater whole.  I enjoy helping people and discussing different things that happen in the world (and LBT of course).  That's why I'm here.  So long as I have a solid purpose...one that isn't temporary or frail, I know I'll be able to commit myself to it and stick around.  GOF is a great place and as long as I have a computer and interenet, I plan to be a part of this community forever. :)

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah when we find things to do it does cut our time short.  I know when I really move out my home and making a living on my own that's when I won't be showing my face to often.  Trust me I love LBT; its apart of me that's one of the reason why I joined and I was interested in meeting others who also knew about the LBT Universe.  The only reason i posted alot lately because I missed out on plenty things so I want to make up for it.  I mean whats the sense joining something and you can't even express yourself?
So that's what I did, I express myself to the best of my ability.

But please, don't get the wrong idea.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I have a question. How do you become a Mod or an Admin? Is it how many posts you have or does Petrie choose you?