The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask Stardust anything

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Decided I'd start up one of these as well.  :Mo

Feel free to ask me anything you like. I don't mind if it's a personal question.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 01:09:23 PM by StardustSoldier »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Is that what constitutes your idea of a personal question? Either way, I'm flattered that I got a different question from everyone else.  :p

In my mind, for some reason, it makes more sense for the chicken to have come first. But I really don't know either way.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In my mind, for some reason, it makes more sense for the chicken to have come first. But I really don't know either way.

The bio store near my work agrees. "The chicken comes first, THEN the egg!" :PCera

What do you do for a living?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I am not officially employed at the moment. Earlier in the year I did have a lot of freelance jobs though, which was nice. Lately I've been having a lull with that, but hopefully it picks up again soon.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Do you play any video games? And if so, any examples?
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Gaming is more of a casual hobby for me than some of my other interests. I'm by no means a hardcore gamer, nor am I into the competitive scene. And most of the games that I do play tend to be fairly straightforward. I play a lot of Angry Birds, for example.

That said, I've been a Super Mario fan since I was a kid. Right now I'm doing another playthrough of Super Mario 64. Still a lot of fun after all these years. I also really want to play Super Mario Odyssey, although I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I also played Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning for the first time recently. Interesting game...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 01:49:04 PM by StardustSoldier »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What are some small things that make your day better?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I love writing and working on my stories. I also enjoy hot baths, eating good food, listening to good music, cuddling with my cat, going out for walks (and especially exploring new areas), paying video games, reading, watching movies. I am also trying to get myself to draw more. Currently I'm not very good at it, but I want to get better.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Very good hobbies you have!  :)

What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks!  :)

My first question would be, how the heck did I get cryogenically frozen in the first place?!

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sometimes it depends on what I'm in the mood for, but overall it's probably cheese pizza. I also really like cheeseburgers, chicken wings, and almost anything to do with vanilla.
:Mo
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 05:31:02 PM by StardustSoldier »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
We have very same interests.  :bestsharptooth

If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ooh, that's a great question.

I'd build a huge mansion. Even if it were more spacious than would ever be practical, I've always enjoyed large houses for some reason. I'd style it after my local university, which I've always loved the design of, except with a slightly more futuristic and colourful aesthetic. I might even build several such mansions, which would all have the same general template, but each with their own unique variations. I would probably rent out a lot of the bedrooms to various guests though, as living in those mansions would be lonely if I was all by myself all the time.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Would you rather live your entire life in a virtual reality where all your wishes are granted or in the real world?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As tempting as the former would be in some respects, I think in the long run it'd be unhealthy for me to get whatever I wanted all the time. Plus, the knowledge that it was just a virtual reality might dampen some of the enjoyment anyway. I'll pick real world. Sorry, Matrix. Maybe some other time.
:olittlefoot

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I know you said you're unemployed at the moment, but I'm curious as to what your dream career is, the job that you would love to have? Also, do you have any plans on moving anywhere or is Canada your permanent residence for the long term?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Would you rather be able to control fire or water?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Good questions!

@ ImpracticalDino: My dream job is sorta what I was doing earlier in the year with all my freelance gigs. Specifically, writing and editing stories for people. I haven't had consistent enough gigs yet for it to be considered an "official" job, per say. But it's definitely something I could do full-time. I would also love to be a published novelist someday. And no, I have no plans to leave Canada. I'd probably be content to live here for the rest of my life.

@ Anagnos: Probably water. Controlling fire would be cool, but it also sounds like it might be dangerous.
:olittlefoot
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 10:27:50 PM by StardustSoldier »