The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask Stardust anything

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Regarding Judith Barsi, I can't remember ever knowing anything about it as a kid. Perhaps I did, but if so, I forgot about it over time. I was vaguely aware of it by the time I rented the movie from the library as an adult for my initial viewing, but I didn't know the exact details of what happened, and I got so absorbed into the movie that I otherwise wasn't thinking about it while watching.

It wasn't until afterwards, once I'd been transformed into an LBT fan, that I learned more about it. There wasn't really one specific place where I found out; I just slowly started to hear about it more and more. I can certainly remember feeling numb and sick once I knew the full story (and I still am). Although that said, it hasn't really impacted future LBT viewings, in the sense that when I watch a movie I'm not always actively thinking about the real-life actors behind it. As in, when I watch the first two Harry Potter movies, I'm not necessarily thinking about Richard Harris as Dumbledore passing away. I just see Dumbledore on the screen.

For Pokémon ability, what exactly do you mean? Different from Pokémon moves?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
It’s like a passive effect that comes with each Pokémon that can affect certain outcomes of the battle.

For a list of all abilities, refer to this link. Have fun! :)

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ability#List_of_Abilities

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ah, okay. If it was a mechanic introduced in Generation III, that explains why I don't have a lot of familiarity with it. Although I do remember the card game had something similar with Pokémon Powers.

I didn't browse through the entire list, but Super Luck does look appetizing. :yes

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Ah, okay. If it was a mechanic introduced in Generation III, that explains why I don't have a lot of familiarity with it.
Abilities were a staple from Gen 3 onwards, so does this mean you're not as well-versed with the Pokémon series as a whole?
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That is correct. My experience with Pokemon is largely confined to Gen 1. I explained in more detail here.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I’m curious, what’s your opinion on the current state of Pokémon as it is right now? Do you think the outrage of the fans are justified? If you’re not interested on answering this question, then that is fine.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I’m curious, what’s your opinion on the current state of Pokémon as it is right now? Do you think the outrage of the fans are justified? If you’re not interested on answering this question, then that is fine.
If the above question is too controversial, then what is your favorite Gen 1 Pokémon? :p
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's not that I'm not interested in answering the question, per say, but rather that I don't have much of an answer, just because I haven't actively followed Pokémon in years. I can't really say if I think fans' outrage is justified as I don't know enough about the situation. I am aware that Pokémon Let's Go and Sword/Shield have been controversial, but I don't know a lot of specifics.

As for my favourite Gen 1 Pokémon, I was initially going to say Pikachu, but that seems a bit too obvious of an answer. Thinking deeper, I remember I really liked Dragonite as a kid, as well as Polywag and its evolutions, Geodude and its evolutions, and the legendary birds, in particular Articuno.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, I see.

When you started to lose interest in Pokémon, did you still often watch your brother play the Gen II/III/IV games?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Not often, but once in a while I did. I have seen other playthroughs of the games though, so I still have an idea of what the later generations are like.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 01:20:54 AM by StardustSoldier »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Were you ever afraid of the dark at one point during your childhood?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Favorite platform game of all time, and the one that you're the best at? (if they're different) :p

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
ImpracticalDino: Yes, I was certainly afraid of the dark as a kid, and even into my teenage years at times.

OwlsCantRead: Favourite platform game of all time would be a four-way tie between Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2. For a non-Mario title, possibly Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.

As for the one I'm best at, probably any Mario game, as I've played so much Mario in general.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Favorite relaxation method to cool off and let off some steam? :^^spike

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Generally I like to either listen to music, or else I'll go for a walk. Or sometimes I just step away from the computer and whatever it is on the Internet that's irritating me. :P

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What do you think of YouTube's new COPPA policy?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm somewhat neutral about it, simply because I don't know a lot about how it works. I've heard that it has been causing problems for others, which is unfortunate, but I don't know much beyond that.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm somewhat neutral about it, simply because I don't know a lot about how it works. I've heard that it has been causing problems for others, which is unfortunate, but I don't know much beyond that.

Alright, but are you a bit pissed that they removed most features from a video made for kids? Google lists all of them right here.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm still somewhat neutral about it, although I do agree that the censorship is kinda silly.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Have you ever logged in to the Gang of Five while at school and/or work?