The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Having owned MK7 for a few months now, my next most highly anticipated 3DS game is KH 3D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Heart...m_Drop_Distance

From the trailers, this looks like it could IMO be the most mysterious game in the series..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9KNN45eScE

Having really liked BBS and 358/2 Days, I can't wait to add this to my collection  :)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I have to say, I'll save up for a 3DS if this game is successful, as its the only game in the system's linup that I'm heavily anticipating.

P.S. Notre Dame in Kingdom Hearts, sweet.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Horray. Another useless entry for Square to halfass to appease it's demons...er, fanbase, instead of just giving us a proper KHIII.

Or at least that's how I imagine their mindset being.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I actually liked the spin-off titles so far, they do legitimately add to the story.

And, I'm fine with it not being a main KH 3. I mean, that's like saying the Mario Galaxy games shouldn't be made because they weren't technically in the style of the Super Mario Bros games.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
No, it isn't. Super Mario doesn't have a definitive story that needs finishing, and Nintendo dabbled in all different styles when creating the series from the very beginning. Hell, the main Mario series has been different from the very beginning.

With KH, they have a story going on that has gone unfinished way too long. The side stories add nothing as far as I'm concerned. I don't give a crap about Xion, Roxas, Ventus, Terra, Data Sora, any of those other losers. The only good thing to come out of the KH side stories is Aqua.

It's been seven years since KHII. The final chapter is long overdue. Seven more and it'll match Duke Nukem Forever for most overdue video game sequel ever, and Square hasn't even began production yet. Instead, they'd rather waste our time with crap like FFXIII-2 and 3, instead of making games fans actually want.

I liked the first FFXIII, but no one, NO ONE, was begging for a 2. And what the hell happened to making a new FF game with a new Roman Numeral with each update. They also need to stop making Dragon Quest games I need a ****ing subscription fee to play! They also need to cut the online crap.

Yeah, I know I sound harsh, but that's my opinion.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If no one wanted the spin off titles, then how come 358/2 Days. Birth By Sleep, and Coded all got mostly positive responses from fans?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Newsflash, most of those didn't do that well. In fact Days was practically a flop.

And even if for some insane reason people actually did want the spin-off titles, that's still no excuse not to make flagship titles, which the majority want. For every one person that wants  FFX-4 or whatever, they are ten want  FFXV. And I guarantee that everyone wants a KHIII. It's all pure laziness (or contempt) on Square's part.

Seriously, we should be up to FFXVII by now.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I see...so if someone wanted Days/Birth/Coded, they're insane huh?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yes, I'm resentful. So what? The KH did well, so there is no excuse for the lack of KHIII, and I blame all the spin-off titles Square has been wasting their money that receive divided feedback, at best.

Days was a terrible game. I played through endless levels without ever advancing the plot and I had to fight the control scheme every step of the way just to get the damn thing to work. KH was never meant to be played on a handheld. Give me a controller any day.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So you admit you hate those who don't share your opinions on games/companies, huh?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
You're trying to goad me into saying something. It won't work. I never said that and you know it.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ok fine, I guess I misunderstood your words, but aren't you the one who says, in regards to topics on movies/shows/games, that if you don't like it, you shouldn't post in the topic?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, now you're just trying to piss me off. Quit. Now.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm just trying to be optimistic, but I guess a comment you made some time ago is right...there's no use for optimism on the internet.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, there isn't. Not when concerning Square-Enix, anyway. I wouldn't even mind all the side titles and spin-offs if they weren't being made to the direct detriment of the flagship titles. We're getting material that's an entirely new story with new characters in a new setting with less and less frequency.

FFIV: Perfect ending, didn't need "The After", which I refuse to play for fear that it will ruin Cecil and Rosa's happy ending.
FFX: The ending was poetic, and the sequel ruined it.
FFXIII: Ended perfectly. Doesn't need a sequel.
KH: JUST MAKE KHIII ALREADY!

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's been established that KH III will be the next title in the series.

Also, for the FF4 sequel, Cecil and Rosa's happy ending is not ruined.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'll believe the former point when I actually see it.

I read that Cecil ends up in Hell in "The After" a long while back. So...he gets out?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
This is from Cecil's page on the FF wiki, explaining what happens to him in "After"

Seventeen years later, Cecil is seen at Baron castle with Rosa and Cid, with the castle coming under attack. When the Mysterious Girl attacks the castle, he attempts to question her identity but is defeated when she summons Bahamut. He does not reappear until his son Ceodore and the Hooded Man return to Baron, only to find that many of its inhabitants are impostors, who they escape from. It turns out that Cecil has been possessed by the Mysterious Girl when Ceodore's party encounters him again. They are forced to fight him as well as the Eidolon Odin, who comes to his senses and knocks Cecil out of the possession.

As he is nursed back to health, Ceodore joins Rydia, Golbez, Edge, and Luca to take out the Mysterious Girl, who escapes and Golbez calls the Lunar Whale to pursue her. Soon the whole party, including Cecil (who has lost his will to fight), goes into the crater dungeon to defeat bosses emerging from the eight crystals. Then Cecil and Golbez fight a sinister version of the former's Dark Knight form. But as the Dark Knight is about to finish Cecil off, Golbez jumps in to protect him, taking a heavy blow in the process.
Cecil regains his strength and with the help of his family, defeats the Dark Knight. Cecil continues to fight against the forces of darkness, defeating both the Mysterious Girl and her master, the Creator. With peace assured, Cecil returns home to Baron, where he helps train Ceoodore. Even after the events of the game, Cecil is still stronger and wins the sparring match against his son.

(Not said in the paragraph, but Rosa is reffing the final sparring match, so they're all fine in the end)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh Thank God!

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm still looking forward to KH 3D, as I've enjoyed every KH game I played.

But if you don't want to play the game, fine, I'm not gonna judge you.