The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I don't really have a choice, since Square is insistant that this game is what leads to KHIII, so I HAVE to play it else I miss a major plot point.

I'll never forget popping KHII in having not played Chain of Memories and going 'wtf' every fifteen minutes. It taught me a hard lesson about the series, so I've played all the danged titles simply because I have to to understand KHIII, because Square designed it that way. I probably would have a better attitude about the spin off titles if they weren't pratically obligatory.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Personally, if there's a plot-based game I wanna see but it's on a console I don't own, I watch youtube Let's Plays

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I find it way too easy to zone out while watching an LP from start to finish (unless it's for a game I absolutely cannot get my hands on). However, those things are a Godsend when stuck. So, so much better than going to Gamefaqs and leafing through mountains of words to find out why I'm currently stuck somewhere.

For the most part, all I've had to get are the games, which have either been on PS2 or DS, both of which I own, so it's not a big hassle. As for BBS, I have a friend with a PSP and a copy of the game who let me burrow it.

And I've got the 2DS anyway, so DDS won't be a problem.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Part of the reason I don't mind the KH spinoffs (Or even FF X-2) is because I think the gameplay is still good, and the story is a bonus when it's good.

Heck, before I was 10 I loved playing FF 7, 8, and 9 though I could barely follow the plots when I was a kid. I just loved the battle systems

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, yesh, I'm also all for gameplay over plot anyday.

I also liked the gameplay for FFX-2 along with several other elements of it. I just wish the story didn't involve trying to undue Tidus's heroic sacrifice. Yes, Tidus dying was very sad, but it was his decision, and for a very good cause. I found the character annoying sometimes, but he grew on me. And dang if his final sacrifice didn't make him go out with a haunting bang.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My least fav FF among the ones I've played is probably 5, because I just didn't  like the battle system. (Which is ironic in retrospect, because X-2's gameplay is somewhat similar to 5's with the various job classes.)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wow, I actually had to stop and think about what made FFV different from the others its been so long. I can totally see that, since the classes can be a pain.
*Shifty eyes* Just alternate between training the characters in different kinds of classes. Two combat trained ones, and two magic. Then switch. I once trained Anna as a Monk, then a White Mage. She was able to Cure AND dish out a volley of highly damaging bare fisted punchs when need be.

My least favorite in FFII, because I hated the leveling system. I would go into more detail, but I'm afraid I'd break out into a several paragraph rant.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
in terms of non-Square rps, I really liked Megaman X Command Mission because the gameplay (while I'd say it's different enough I would not accuse it of ripping off) was very similar to FFX's, which was a battle system I really enjoyed.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I havev't played that. I keep meaning to, but I never get around to it.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's good, IMO I would still describe it as Megaman x Meets Final Fantasy X

And surprisingly...no Sigma anywhere in the game, not even a mention.

I'm glad this conversation didn't end angrily between us.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Me, too.