The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Duke Nukem Forever is... Complete?!

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1118087p1.html

According to this, not only did Gearbox take over development, they've actually finished the damn thing (with the game to still undergo some fine-tuning, bug testing, etc)

Any real gamer knows how strange it is to say, but according to Gearbox, we'll be playing Duke Nukem Forever next year. Wow.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I'll believe it when I see it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yea that definatley came as a huge suprise, but like WR said, i won't believe it until it comes out.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Seeing as Duke Nukem Forever has kinda been the butt of a lot of jokes in the gaming world. Kinda figured it was only a matter of time before someone (fanboy or otherwise) would attempt to bring this game to life. Still, as previously stated. Needs to be seen to be believed...

Machine Slave

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Well, I'm curious if this Vaporware turns into real Software for real. At least, I'm waiting since the first announcement for this game. Hmmm... Duke Nukem 3D... good times.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
So, you've been for longer than a decade then? No shame. So have I.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Would be nice if it finally came out, considering how long it's been in development.  I'll believe it when it is actually in stores or available for download.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well IGN is a pretty reliable source in terms of gaming news. Most of what they discuss is true, or they announce that a rumor has been made to warn gamers about it.

At the same time, like everybody else, I'll believe it when I see it. This game has been in development hell for WAY too long for me to believe that it is complete.

But who knows? Soon we will find out.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, if it does come out, then I only have this to say:

*ahem*

It's time to kicka** and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

:DD

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
If it does come out: thank God Jack Thompson is no longer in any position to any damage. Given the material in DN3D, he'd have a field day with the various strippers and women being used as egg factories.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It'll still go down as the game with the longest development time, though it'll be good once it is finally out.  I do hope it's a good game at least, preferably a great one.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Those lazy ******* are gonna pay for not finishing my sequel.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I read a hands on review on Gamespot claiming that this new (if you can truly call it that  :p) installment features all the crude yet laughable humour and one liners of the previous Nukem's. All thumbs up so far but I'm still not so sure. Can't say I was ever a huge fan of Duke Nukem but I guess something weirdly iconic as this that it's taken so long to make might be interesting to at least try out. Let's hope it doesn't fall victim to the "Too Human" flaw. Spent so long in development only for it to be released and absolutely flop...