The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sequel Predictions (past and future)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Did you ever predict what one of the sequels would do and then get a kick out of it when it actually happened? And what are your predictions for any possible future sequels?

Past: I actually predicted Chomper would happen. I don't even remember why, but when I was a kid, I thought it would be cool if Littlefoot made friends with a baby Sharptooth. A few years later Land Before Time II: The Great Valley Adventure happened.
Future: Don't presently have any, but how about you?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I didn't predict LBT 14 to be made for sure... that was a hell of a surprise trust me... as for future sequels... I don't consider it very likely that there'll be a LBT 15 movie one day but just in case there is... I have a feeling it might include Ali
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Well, after watching original movie some times, making friendship with sharptooth, especially from LITTLEFOOT side, was LAST thing I would think about. yeah...

What I not fully predicted: All dinosaurs would leave great valley after great disaster and find for new home. Well, as we know, they returned back after some time, I thought they wouldn't.
Fun fact: When I first time read all sequels names, I looked at names of LBT3, LBT4, LBT9, LBT10. In my language, they were translated "Searching for water", "Journey to the land of mists", "Journey to the big water", and "The great migration". And guess what: I thought dinosaurs would leave Great Valley in third movie, when all water is gone, then, in next movie, they would find new home, and in ninth-tenth movies they will leave it as well. :)

I will think about future after I watch Journey of the Brave.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
[ I don't consider it very likely that there'll be a LBT 15 movie one day.]

Why is that? It isn't clear if JOTB was a flop... how long did it previously take for Universal to announce a new film?

The quote button doesn't seem to be working...

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It wasn't a perfect movie it had a lot horrible parts in it. And the songs whereby good either kinda terrible to be honest. Only songs that where good is Reba Macintires song that's it. The plot was to me rushed and told poorly. But I'm glad I saw it tho and it took them nine years to release this movie. You would think after nine long years they'd make a semi decent movie but nope they did not do that at all.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It is far from perfect. However, It was one of the better LBT sequels. The animation was mostly great and the songs enjoyable. . I especially liked Today's the Day. But hopefully there will be a 15th movie... I'll be very sad if this is the end.  :(

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not fond of 'Journey', either, but I'd hate for Universal to just give up on it again. What they need to take the series in a completely different direction. It might even be time to start expanding beyond the original gang of five and create new main characters. Perhaps even the next generation.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't know about a next gen... it would be too obvious. I think Fyn's To Tread Upon Fields Afar strikes a great balance between the new and the old while staying in LBT feel. Of course it's too bloody for Universal but it and Rhombus' Hunters series are some of the great demonstrations of LBT universe's potential. That said, I'm not sure if we need completely new characters but if they're handled as well as Fyn does, I'm open for anything.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
It was a suggestion. I would however love the series to take an anthology approach bringing in new characters to focus on each time, but always eventually going back to the gang of five each other movie or so.
Place the series all over the place, like film one can be with Ali's herd or another with Chomper's family or something of the sort.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah I thihk it's time for a new approach as well. If it has a ton of blood than they won't make it. I think if they had a different director the fifteenth movie could be pretty decent of a movie. And we all know Journey Of The Brave isn't perfect by a long shot you're right about that. It had a couple decent parts in it tho.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, but I don't think the super-kid friendly DtV approach is going to work anymore. Moving it to TV was a good idea, but that was a botched delivery. They need to return the tone to the first movie's.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah dark seems to sell a lot more than kid friendly and I agree they need to start going back to the old ways like Don Bluth did in the first one. He made it dark and it did very well back when it first came out.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
[ I don't consider it very likely that there'll be a LBT 15 movie one day.]

Why is that? It isn't clear if JOTB was a flop... how long did it previously take for Universal to announce a new film?

The quote button doesn't seem to be working...
Hey, glad you ask, Sovereign :)

I don't know any exact numbers of sales but Nick recently mentioned to me on the GoF Skype Chat that they are only a third of LBT 12's sales. Not that convincing if his information is valid. That, as well as my overall mostly negative opinion about the movie (too many things were not done properly or just didn't work, sorry. I prefer LBT 13 over it which I kinda like despite the annoying Yellowbellies) make me doubt LBT 15 a little (though I still consider it to be quite possible and I wouldn't be surprised if there was news about this spreading :) )

If you'd like to hear my full opinion on the movie in detail, I'm sure I can type that review I've been meaning to write since the movie came out 9 months ago down until the weekend  :exactly

Anyway, those are the two main reasons why I'm a bit unconvinced whether there will be LBT 15 being made one day... the discussion that evolved here is not exactly on-topic either (just kind of :p) so I think it'll be a good idea to start a new thread that discusses possible improvement of LBT 15 and lessons from LBT 14...
Inactive, probably forever.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
In other words, they REALLY need to rethink their strategy.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah they need to hire a proper Director not one that dumbs down kids intelligence.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'd love to see the guys who made Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, and Star Wars Rebels have a go at it.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wow, Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island is literally the ONLY worthwhile thing on Davis Doi's resume. He even helped make that abominable Ralph Bakshi Lord of the Rings adaptation! Give me Greg Weisman anyday.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah Davis Doi has made a ton of garbage movies that are not worth seeing or watching. The only guilty pleasure of his is Dinotopia: Search For The Ruby Sunstone and Scooby Doo Alien Invasion other than that everything he made is painful to watch and you feel embarrassed to sit through it. Since he insults the kids intelligence in every movie he directs.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This might be extremely far-fetched but there's a new update on LBT Facebook channel after 5 months. Even if it's just a commercial from another movie, it's still nice to know the page isn't dead.