The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

No Episode this Friday (July 6th)

Unknown Person

• Ruby
    • View Profile
There wasn't any episode in the time slot today, and YTV showed Pokemon instead.  The YTV site also doesn't have any episodes scheduled at the moment..  I hope it is just this week, and they have new episodes later, since there really are only 3 episodes Canada has to air until the end of the season.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I checked ytv.com (specifically, this page), and it didn't appear that any episodes were scheduled to air at all, never mind new episodes. Is YTV up in Canada not even airing any more episodes?

Unknown Person

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Jul 30 2007 on  06:56 PM
I checked ytv.com (specifically, this page), and it didn't appear that any episodes were scheduled to air at all, never mind new episodes. Is YTV up in Canada not even airing any more episodes?
It doesn't look like it, there hasn't been any episodes at all for 3 weeks.  It's been replaced with Transformers Cybertron.  I hope they don't plan to stop airing it...

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
They wanna stop airing them until they find out how good they sell in stores, I'm sure.  They don't wanna invest a buttload more money into something that isn't gonna sell.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
But Universal does get paid for having the episodes air on cable channels.  Maybe someone's throwing more money around to get Transformers on the air.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
But Universal does get paid for having the episodes air on cable channels.

Yes, but perhaps they don't think it's worth it if they only get paid for the tv.  Perhaps they arn't getting paid too much.  If ya think about it, who else but an LBT fan would pay universal for having their tv eps on their station?  If they do, they arn't want LBT as much as for a show like transformers cuz it's targeted at a little older audiences.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
the new "transformers" movie just came out recently.  I'm not surprised that it would take over LBT right now.  Transformers may turn into a mini-fad for awhile and the cable companies are milking it for all it's worth.  Understandable.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
:angry:  :angry:  :angry:
This really makes me mad!  Transformers doesn't suck or anything, but LBT is way better.  I hope they come up with a new ep soon.  I'm still eagerly awaiting "march of the sand creepers", which I'm sure a lot of you still are too.  I can't wait until the dvd's come out.  I don't care how expensive they are.  I'm gonna rent them from netflix.  I gotta see "march of the sand creepers"!  It's driving me crazy!!! :bang

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I feel it too. But what can we do? Appeal to YTV to put it back on air?

Unknown Person

• Ruby
    • View Profile
YTV seems to like Transformers.  No Land Before Time today. :(  I sent them an email asking about the schedule, hopefully a good reply comes in.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I would have never thought to have done that. I guess if you want something to be done right, you have to do it yourself. :DD

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
I have a theory here. I think this has something to do with the LBT 13 movie.Maybe that is why there hasn't been any new episodes for a while.

Unknown Person

• Ruby
    • View Profile
So after a week of waiting, they reply with an automated message.

---

Hi there,

Here's more information on program choices, schedule change & episode requests, shows not airing in chronological order, YTV's broadcast day and how to view your time zone on our website:

Program Choices

YTV offers a wide variety of programs that appeals to many different audiences.  As Canada's leading youth network, YTV is seen in over 8.2 million Canadian households and is aimed at viewers aged 2 - 17 and their families.  With such a diverse audience, we make every effort to provide a varied schedule at the appropriate viewing times.  We hope you can understand that it is not uncommon for television networks to move some programs to another day or time, introduce new shows, or temporarily remove programs.

Schedule Changes & Episode Requests

At this time, we are unable to accommodate your request.  YTV has many shows to fit into our schedule and only so many programming hours to do this.  Although we do try to make all of our viewers happy, as a national network it can be quite a challenging task.  However, be assured that we have forwarded your suggestion to our Programming Department for future consideration.

Our Programming Department puts a lot of effort into planning our schedule weeks in advance, and we generally air episodes of our shows in chronological order.  So, we aren't able to accommodate requests to play specific episodes when they aren't on our up-coming schedule.

If you're looking for repeats dates for a particular episode, the quickest way to get YTV schedule information is to check out the schedule page of our website http://www.ytv.com/programming/schedule/.  If you click on your show's title off of the schedule grid, a pop-up box stating the episode's number, title, and some plot details should appear to give you the heads-up about what to expect!

New Episodes

We've aired all the episodes that we have for the show(s) you've mentioned, and we currently do not have any information about new episodes.  Generally, television networks make their schedule changes at times that coincide with the change in the seasons.  We have Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer schedules and make the most major changes in September, January, March, and June/July.  When it's the end of a programming season, it is not uncommon for a series to go into repeats until the beginning of the next season.

Non Chronological Order

At YTV, we like to air our programs in chronological order as much as our viewers like to see them that way.  However, there are a number of factors which can affect our scheduling order, such as previous special days of back-to-back events, or the number of plays per episode that each contract specifies.  That means, once a show has gone into repeats, our Programming Department does not always schedule the episodes chronologically.

Broadcast Day

On YTV's website, our shows are listed according to what is called the broadcast day. What that means is that one day's listings encompass 6:00am the morning of that day to 5:30am the morning of the next day. For example, if you are looking at the listings for Monday, shows that are airing up until 5:30am on Tuesday morning will be listed in Monday's 11pm-6am schedule slot. This is the reason that shows that air on Tuesday would be listed still on Monday's schedule.

To view the schedule and pull up the listing for your time zone, go to the YTV schedule page http://www.ytv.com/programming/schedule/ and locate "My Timzone" which is underneath the date.  Click on the timezone you're located in to view the schedule.

Additional YTV show information can be found on our website http://www.ytv.com/programming/shows/.  Also, for up-to-date schedule information check out http://www.ytv.com/programming/schedule/.  Please remember that all schedules are subject to change without notice.

Thanks for watching!

YTV Viewer Relations Department
info@ytv.com

---

Meh, I was hoping for something other than an automated response.  I really hope they bring the TV series back, and don't plan on canceling it, especially since there are 4 more episodes they need to air.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I hate it when they do that. I'm beginning to think we're pretty much messed up as far as new episodes go. Mabey even repeats.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
There is only 3 more to come. THat all is left of the LBT episodes...

USA aired one that Canada has not, and Canada aired 22 out of 26 making it 3 in total to be aired.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
No season 2, eh? Is this going to be one of those short-lived attempts to make a television series out of a movie series?

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I have no idea, there is a chance there is a season two, but the way Cartoon Network been playing around and now YTV playing up they both making Land Before Time TV Series look bad when it isn't

I only hope there is a season two.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I doubt therecwill be a season two, when most of us have only seen half of seasn 1.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I believe this is the first time I've noticed Nick22 posting outside of the Role Play section. :wow

That having been said, yeah, I do agree that the handling with the episodes hasn't been really good with some episodes being withheld in the USA for unknown reasons, and Canada has had it's share of problems, too. A season 2 is looking grim at this point, but we don't know what the future has in store for us. I guess all we can do is sit and wait.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
After the exuberence of the first few episodes.. things have really gone downhill imo.. first off the showing times were in the very early morning which doesn't bring many viewers, secondly, there hasnt been much advancement to the villian plots in the few episodes I've seen..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: