The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

USA KFC

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
there is a slim chance that my story will make it into number 14, Not sure but 2 years ago there was high intersted in my LBT Story which I haven't really posted up and only shared with very little for clear reasons.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oooh I hope, I hope, I hope :yes.  Good luck to ya, Threehorn!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,May 12 2008 on  07:33 AM
It's astounding that parents would even buy LBT toys their made so horribly.  I don't know how other toys are made nowadays though so I guess that could be pretty much standard.  I'm not into toy stuff anymore (although I know some here have and like LBT toys).  I just like the movies.  I wouldn't really want any LBT toys except for maybe a decoration like a poster.
Toys in general have a special signifigance<sp?> to kids.  Toys help kids relax and relieve the stress from being a kid when they play with them.  On top of that, a toy can help kids who have trouble sleeping.  Having their favorite toy by their side helps them relax and make it easier for them to sleep.  Alot of parents know about this sort of thing.  And the fact that kids in general would like a toy of their favorite charcter from their favorite cartoon show just makes the relaxation in it all that much easier.

It not just that, but also when kids have a problem, toys seem to ease the pain they feel.  Also, holding a toy of their favorite charcter can make it easier for the little one to talk about their problems to their parents.

Woody from Toy Story said it best:

"It doesn't matter how much we're played with.  What matters is that we're here for Andy when he needs us."

If it's LBT Toys that make a kid feel better and handle the trials of life easier, so be it.  THAT is the reason parents get toys for their kids. :)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I could not have said it any better, Pokeplayer :yes.

Why are toys made poorly, ya ask?  Two words: MASS PRODUCTION!  Few businesses take pride in handcrafting their products anymore.  LBTLover, this may even be partly as to why your 2008 monitor is worse than your 1993 monitor :unsure:.  Even the quality of furniture has gone down due to mass production.  What's the honor in ripping customers off by selling them crap?  Gain a fast buck or two?  It evidently has not gotten us too far by the looks of the economy :slap.  
In any case, I still love LBT and collect the toys :yes  :^.^:.  I obviously don't like KFC as previously stated, but I'll buy the toys not only to support LBT but also to update my LBT toy collection :lol  B).

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Speaking of Toys, there's a picture of some inside the case of the new DVD for the TV Series, "Through the Eyes of A Spiketail".  The new toys include, Ducky about to eat a Sweet Bubble, Cera opening a rock to find a ruby, (Lucky little threehorn! :P:) Littlefoot holding some sort of stick in his mouth and Chomper with a twig in his mouth that he tore off a tree that's right next to him. (Okay, that is getting hard to imagine, huh?  I really should get a pic of these.  I just need to use a digital camera of some kind.)

They're all made by the same company that made the 8 Plushies that came out earlier this year, aka Playmates.

I doubt they'll be the same ones that will be featured in the KFC Kids Meals.  However, let's just hope those are decent enough that the kids will want to get them. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
and that they look like the chars in the movies and series, no purple Littlefoots or green Ceras.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
None of this new merchandise is sold over here. Once I have a bit more money to spare I may have to check out ebay though. Perhaps there are some new figures suited to create molds for new LBT tin-figures :)

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
you know you could make those tin LBT items you do Malte and sell them on Ebay, I am sure they will sell well specailly to poeple that love land Before Time

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Perhaps so, but with the possible exception in case of figures I made all by myself (rather than using any other figure as a positive for a tin mould) I might get copyright issues if I did that. Moreover it takes quite a while to paint them carefully. With the material costs and time I would have to take a lot of money for this to pay for me. They are awesome gifts for LBT fans, but I don't really mean to sell these figures.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
i'm dont care about that merchandise ****! give me LBT 14 and they make me happy :yes

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
:blink: Uh... watch your language kjeldo.

Anyway, all I would like at this time is official confirmation that LBT14 WILL be made.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,May 15 2008 on  03:13 PM
Anyway, all I would like at this time is official confirmation that LBT14 WILL be made.

All of us would like that too. :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Yes mass production is one reason I keep a lot of old stuff on hand.  Really computers have gotten deadly cheap these days along with everything else.  Of course the business model is, if it breaks, you need to buy another---and another---and another. :rolleyes:  To them, if something lasts forever, they can't make as much money as they would otherwise.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, which gives a financial reason to ensure things do not last very long.  I sometimes wonder if some things are like in that science fiction book I read years back.  Part of the background plot was that at a certain point in the book, all the chips in everything were programmed in the factory to fail after a certain time so you had to keep buying new chips to replace them.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
i'm dont care about that merchandise ****! give me LBT 14 and they make me happy

Well, without profit from the merchandise, they might not be so inclined to make another movie. :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They may go hand in hand, for one one must do well in the other.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Ehh, I don't see what's so bad about toys...  Not like I play with them really, but, hey, even I'll admit, that, yeah, out of the 8 or so plushes that Playmates Toys made, I've got the four miniature ones (Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Chomper)...  Why?  Well obviously because I'm a big LBT nut, and I thought I'd "spruce up" my room, and possibly spark some conversation out of curious people; oh yeah, and, something to hug once in a while...  Yeah, I'll admit it...  So what?

EDIT: I can't wait until Playmates completes their line with the Petrie and Spike plushes that they're scheduled to come out with, later on this year!  It'll be good to complete it, though, I do hope they make a Ruby plush as well!  Yes, I do!  Yep yep yep!

EDIT 2: And, hopefully, when those other plushes get made (Petrie, Spike) I'll be able to order them from a website that allows money orders...  Since that's how I do business, the old fashioned way...  (I have this "thing" about credit cards...)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I got the Laptop Meal at KFC and found there to be NO toy.  After all the effort, all you get is the coupon on the bottom.  However, this did render some information about the next DVD coming out.

The DVD is called "Magical Discoveries".  The thing the gang is looking at is definately a "Sky Color Stone", so chances are that one episode will be "Search for the Sky Color Stones".  It also gave the release date, which is August 26th. (The day after my Birthday!  Yes! :^.^:)

I seriously can't wait for it.  I really liked the episode they're mainly promoting with it.  I will most certianly get this when it comes out.

Well, that's all for now, so I'll see ya later! :^.^:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could tie into the tv episode since I think the gang, except for a few like ruby, mention having found and seen such a stone before.