The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

DarkWolf's Fanart Thread

DarkWolf91 · 427 · 63181

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I just have to say, browsing through the fanart section your thread helped to inspire me to try drawing dinos again, so thank you! These are all absolutely stunning! I love the backgrounds especially. The animation is amazing, too! Can't wait to see more from you!

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh hey DarkWolf good to see you back! I've missed seeing your amazing work around here, but I suppose the benefit is that you're able to dump all of this on us at once! :PLoofah

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it on DA but the finished animation looks great!  :chompysmile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The animation! Finally! :lol

Gosh, it looks so great like... really close to movie quality if I dare say so. Thank you so so much for seeing this random project through to the very end!  :spikeblush

I've gotta say that each time you post pictures I feel like the style is slightly different but nonetheless consistently amazing. I love this type of painting style that doesn't even try to be realistic yet somehow ends up looking really realistic. Instead of trying to do smooth transitions, you just use a few different shades of the same colour to take into account the play of light and shadow. Really wonderful art, wish I could draw like you!  :duckyOK

-

You know, I don't really do art anymore but every once in a while I still feel like trying something (like for a prompt challenge  :^^spike). Doing things digitally is kinda easier than the traditional way and I've been looking for a reliable digital software for ages. Could you recommend Clip Studio Paint for a beginner like me? I think I once grabbed a demo version of it but ended up getting lost because I didn't really understand how most of its functions work. Might need a tutorial of sorts lol.  :sducky

My current tool of the trade is ArtRage which emulates the feeling of drawing traditionally quite well, however it's very limited in terms of functionality.
Inactive, probably forever.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I just have to say, browsing through the fanart section your thread helped to inspire me to try drawing dinos again, so thank you! These are all absolutely stunning! I love the backgrounds especially. The animation is amazing, too! Can't wait to see more from you!
Ah that’s so great to hear! I love the way you draw dinos, and I’m looking forward to seeing more! Will keep an eye on your fanart thread  :Mo

Oh hey DarkWolf good to see you back! I've missed seeing your amazing work around here, but I suppose the benefit is that you're able to dump all of this on us at once! :PLoofah

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it on DA but the finished animation looks great!  :chompysmile

Thank you!! I’m glad to be back!

The animation! Finally! :lol

Gosh, it looks so great like... really close to movie quality if I dare say so. Thank you so so much for seeing this random project through to the very end!  :spikeblush

I've gotta say that each time you post pictures I feel like the style is slightly different but nonetheless consistently amazing. I love this type of painting style that doesn't even try to be realistic yet somehow ends up looking really realistic. Instead of trying to do smooth transitions, you just use a few different shades of the same colour to take into account the play of light and shadow. Really wonderful art, wish I could draw like you!  :duckyOK

-

You know, I don't really do art anymore but every once in a while I still feel like trying something (like for a prompt challenge  :^^spike). Doing things digitally is kinda easier than the traditional way and I've been looking for a reliable digital software for ages. Could you recommend Clip Studio Paint for a beginner like me? I think I once grabbed a demo version of it but ended up getting lost because I didn't really understand how most of its functions work. Might need a tutorial of sorts lol.  :sducky

My current tool of the trade is ArtRage which emulates the feeling of drawing traditionally quite well, however it's very limited in terms of functionality.

Thank you! It was good to finally finish the animation, it did take some time hahaha. I’ve been trying out different background styles as well, and I’m glad the painting looks good  :smile

As far as the program goes, I highly recommend Clip Studio! I couldn’t recommend it more, it’s extremely versatile for the price. It’s actually on sale right now, and the Pro version is just $25. (EX is more expensive - $110, but the main difference between the two is animation features. If you don’t do animation, you don’t really need EX.) They do these 50% sales pretty regularly, too, so this won’t be the last opportunity to get it cheap. I actually used to use art rage as well, and the brushes are nice but it’s pretty limited and the layers work kind of weird. I basically live in Clip Studio now haha

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
That's a really impressive piece of animation, wonderful work  :petrieLOL

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Hey all! I've been working on the Ducky/Petrie animation a little bit more, here's the newest update!

Whoa!  You're so good at this!  The characters' actions are so expressive, I love it!

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Thanks so much everyone!!! I ended up disappearing from here far longer than I meant to due to some life issues, but I'm happy to see that the forum is still active! Will try to drop by more often! For now, I have a few things to share, including five more finished commission pieces for Rhombus (Finder, Ponder, Path, Leap, and Sternclaw!) and a completely finished version of the ducky / petrie animation! (I'll post the animation in a second comment below this one due to file size restrictions)
I'm going to keep up with messages from now on, so if anyone still needs something from me feel free to send a new message about it!

Awesome interpretation of Rhombus' transformed characters!  From lightning to anatomy, you did a great job!  Good background variation, too!  Funny how the gang became more anatomically correct raptors than the actual raptors we're familiar with :petrieLOL.