The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What happened to Cera's mother and sisters?

Saft · 65 · 17397

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
The movies never tell us what happened to Cera's mom and siblings since I think it would be to much for them to put in a kids movie. And I liked the fact Cera has a step mom now. She is there to look after her and make sure she isn't doing anything to bad.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Indeed, we never learned anything about Cera's mother and her sisters in the movies, but we can still discuss what might have happened offscreen...
Dreamcake: You brought up something new... Of course Cera's mother could have joined Pterano but it is very unlikely that Topsy would split up with his mate...
Inactive, probably forever.

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Of course Cera's mother could have joined Pterano but it is very unlikely that Topsy would split up with his mate...

That's very true, but I'd like to bear in mind that when Littlefoot asked Cera in the 1th movie whether Tria was going to be her new mom, Cera went absolutely ballistic. It's obvious that whatever happened was a sensitive topic, and the gang may or may not know much about it...

I suppose its fair to mention here that at least one of Cera's older siblings may have moved on and reproduced, as shown by the presence of her nephew and niece. Of course, they may just refer to her as 'auntie' just because that's how they see her. But that would beg the question as to why they refer to her father as 'grandpa.'

And, if indeed Cera knew what their first words were, surely she may have been present for a lot of their early life, including their birth, showing she may have reunited with one of her sisters (what she confirms most or all of her siblings to be in the first movie) offscreen. Still, its an interesting topic, one I do plan on covering in my fic... :lol  *sigh* I'm so vain about that fic... :huh:

For more on Cera's siblings and motherHERE!
HERE!:

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: NeoGenesis005,Feb 24 2009 on  09:33 PM
It would be a real Shocker to know that they are still alive and they show themselves in the 14th Movie
We'll see in 5 more months.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
In the second movie, at the end, during the song we see a group of threehorns running towards Cera. And in the scene when the gang falls in the swamp, we see Topsy (love this nickname :p ) grazing with another threehorn which looks female, so it's safe to assume that Topsy and Cera's mother probably split up after the events of LBT II for some reason.

Most likely, the writers just decided to present Cera as the only daughter of a single-parent household. This way it’s easier to explain certain events in LBT III, and after that sequel it just stuck. The same thing with Ducky’s father, who we see in LBT II, but never again. The only coherent families throughout the film series are Littlefoot’s and Petrie’s.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool