The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GAME in admin!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Any gamer in the UK will have heard the news that the country's largest VG retailer is officially tagged as "in administrative measures". Almost 300 nationwide stores are closing with all those jobs going with them too. Looks like the competition for purchasing games has just got a damn sight smaller. IGN published a rather interesting article on what the closure of GAME and GameStation stores around the UK means not only for the local market but the global market too. Check out the article below:

How GAME's closure affects you
How GAME's closure affects you

Basically, for me that means looking to either supermarkets for a game purchase or ordering online. Now, while I don't mind buying stuff online seeing as their prices are normally a it cheaper than high street retailers, what I can't stand is the waiting time. I like to have my item I've paid for in my hand the moment I've parted with my hard earned cash without having to wait another 72hours for it to drop on my doormat (that's just my person grumble). Granted, GAME aren't usually the best place to go for a bargain but it's still a worry that the most available source for VG purchases is no longer going to be around. Another victim of the crashing economy. :(

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I don't live in the UK but I'm sure this hurts anybody that enjoy purchasing games from GAME. Especially the laid-off workers.  :(